View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:
And for whoever said they saw someone wipe their nose then proceed to make your hamburger sammich - just know that, unfortunately, it happens everywhere.... you just happened to see it that time. Please believe there's some snot-nosed kid at Fatburger now, sneezing on someone's order of fries. Sad but true. I'm guessing that after NBC finally gets finished setting up guys meeting young girls with hidden cameras, they'll go after the flu-infested fast food industry.

Yeah, that was me who posted that. And yeah, you are so right that it happens everywhere and that just scares the bejeezus out of me every time I eat out.

I really wish Cali would pass a law making it mandatory to wear protective gloves while preparing food. At Subway they do it, so why won't the other places do it? It can't be that damn expensive to buy some generic plastic gloves.

there is a sandwich place where i live that i stopped going to because the guy used his hairy paws to touch every ingredient in the sandwich. gross.

Aw damn. Yuck. State the name of the place so we can post it for people here.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
You guys are babies. The U.S. has probably the most strict food preparation regulations in the world. California and L.A. county specifically have those letter grades that they hand out for stuff like using gloves, wiping your nose, etc. But there are thousands of places in the world where you can get awesome food and where the regulations aren't nearly as strict. If you've never eaten a kebab cooked by a Turkish guy not wearing gloves while smoking a cigarette, you haven't lived.

LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject:

I have to agree, with anyone who mentions "The Cheescake Factory"... I was hooked on Cheescake Factory, first time I ate there...

I would put in a good word, for Wendy's... Unless they've changed (sometimes, depends on location), Wendy's is a real class act.

I've been meaning to try Hamburger Habit, but I just don't go out very much, anymore.... I used to swear by Carl's Jr... I liked that special barbecue sauce.

The best burger, however, was one I had, at this ranch, in Colorado (homemade)...
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject:

The best hamburgers come from home.
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject:

In N Out, Pinks actually has pretty good burgers, there is a place in Encino called The Stand which is amazing, Chano's down by USC, Fatburger.

The best place used to be in Venice Beach, called 26th Beach Cafe, but it closed down.
32tapout
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject:

I've been in San Antonio about 4 years now since moving from SoCal. My 3 favorites are: In N Out, Tommy's and Carl's Jr. I do not have access to any of those 3, the closest Carl's Jr. is about 2 1/2 hours away. The only thing in SA is Whataburger which doesn't compare to In N Out! I also have had a burger at Dukes a long time ago-and they are damn good too.

Mr. NBA Logo on 6/24/05 on Spurs fans seeking validation from Laker fans.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject:

32tapout wrote:
I've been in San Antonio about 4 years now since moving from SoCal. My 3 favorites are: In N Out, Tommy's and Carl's Jr. I do not have access to any of those 3, the closest Carl's Jr. is about 2 1/2 hours away. The only thing in SA is Whataburger which doesn't compare to In N Out! I also have had a burger at Dukes a long time ago-and they are damn good too.

Try Sonic burger out there, bro. There's a ton of 'em out in SA. Damn good. too.
Mr. LakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Sonic is nasty. only there drinks are good.

The next meeting: 52 points 19-26 shooting.
g3rb3r
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject:

well me personally i believe da best SELECTION on burgers is McDonalds...but i still cant resist tha Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack In The Box as tha best BURGER... ...
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject:

The Six Dollar Burger from Carl's Jr is good. It has a large patty of charbroiled Angus Beef with cheese on a large bun. It weighs just under a pound. The cooked patty alone weighs about 6 ounces. By the way, they cost $3.99.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:
The Six Dollar Burger from Carl's Jr is good. It has a large patty of charbroiled Angus Beef with cheese on a large bun. It weighs just under a pound. The cooked patty alone weighs about 6 ounces. By the way, they cost $3.99.

^^Carl is that you?
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
angel wrote:

^^Carl is that you?

anyone else read this read and think, I want a burger.

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
angel wrote:

^^Carl is that you?

It does sound like he's pitching it, huh?

By the way...I had a Sonic burger last night with chili-cheese tater tots and a 44 ounce Cherry Limeade...damn that shizznit was good!

And now, I must go to the gym.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject:

No, I actually haven't had any Carl's burgers all year, but I decided to try one. All the talk about hamburgers has gotten them on my mind. All the Carl's Jr commercials during Lakers games got to me. Normally, I get something healthier like a chicken sandwich. I like these big burgers, but I can't eat them all the time. There is just too much fat and cholesterol to eat all the time, but eating one once in a while is not bad.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: