OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1622, 1623, 1624 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
So far, Boston has been undeterred in pursuing Davis -- despite his agent insisting AD would be a 2020 flight risk in free agency. For Boston, Davis could still be its best case to keep Kyrie Irving. Story soon on ESPN.com

Per Woj. Boston trying to get him too.

So Boston is in...they're not the third team.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

King Randle wrote:
Celtics and Lakers are engaged in trade talks with New Orleans on All-NBA star Anthony Davis, league sources tell me, @ZachLowe_NBA, @ramonashelburne and @WindhorstESPN. Lakers No. 4 pick has been discussed as trade chip to help Pels acquire high-level player in multi-team deals.

Per Woj

Ainge has every incentive to help NO push the price up. I fully expect there to be a tipping point where Boston is rumored to be considering an all-in offer......and for that rumor to be completely false.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Celtics and Lakers are engaged in trade talks with New Orleans on All-NBA star Anthony Davis, league sources tell me,
@ZachLowe_NBA, @ramonashelburne and @WindhorstESPN
. Lakers No. 4 pick has been discussed as trade chip to help Pels acquire high-level player in multi-team deals.

Objective. Vague.

That is actually informative.
Seems like N.O. doesn't think anyone at the #4 spot is worth it.
And they want the Lakers to try to get an all-star type with it.

It makes sense why Washington and Beal are being talked about by fans. But not sure about why the ATL is. Unless Washington also doesn't think much of #4 and want ATL's #8 and #10 to be involved.

So what the heck are the Celts trading that would match that? If they were offering Tatum it would be done, no?
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

The Juggernaut wrote:
King Randle wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Return2greatness wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
If LA gives up the farm i’ll be pissed.

Who cares lol be pissed while we celebrate winning again. Myopic fans don’t know what it takes to win just want to have fun watching draft picks lose 😂😂😂😂

There shouldn’t be a need to give up the farm. It’s a one year deal without many suitors for a player with injury history. One hard fall and LA just dumped the whole young core for another lottery team.

LA should be able to walk out of this with Ingram or Zo. If they MUST perhaps Kuzma but something else should be coming back to LA then

I think that's too optimistic. If we keep, Zo, BI or Kuz....it's a good deal.

No, it would then be a FAIR deal. NOP is asking for way too much. The ball is not in their court. I don't get why we have been fooled into thinking giving up that much for AD is correct. Look at similar trades demands of superstars with 1-2 years left on their deal:

Kawhi Leonard
Paul George
Jimmy Butler
Dwight Howard
Kevin Garnett
Kevin Love

No one has ever given up as much as people expecting us to give up for AD.

Well that’s easy my friend! Magic was a fool and the media think we should be fools just like magic...and Klutch playing us like fools and we’ll look who is head of the franchise...a fool so “Welp” get ready for a fools move smh if we get rid of everything knowing we hold all the effing cards.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

If the Pelicans want an all star type player maybe get Memphis as the 3rd team?

Pelicans get Conley and BI
Grizzlies get #4
Lakers get AD
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
So far, Boston has been undeterred in pursuing Davis -- despite his agent insisting AD would be a 2020 flight risk in free agency. For Boston, Davis could still be its best case to keep Kyrie Irving. Story soon on ESPN.com

Drive the price up to every asset Boston has for the next five years, then let them have him ...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

King Randle wrote:

They can try getting him but once Irving says I’m not coming back they will back away from the trade talk.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

lonzobryant wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Yong wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
The Hawks are interesting because we could trade the 4 for 8 and 10. Then pelicans get BI, lonzo, 8 and 10. That's a nice package. We keep Kuz.

That's giving up too much. Give them Kuz and keep BI or Zo

Look. If we trade Zo/Kuz/4th for AD. I will cream myself so hard. So hard.

I prefer to keep Zo over BI but if they want Zo this is the most I'd offer:

Zo-Kuz-4th pick-Wagner-Bonga-Future 2nd

I'm okay with this too. If we end up giving all three of Ingram/Lonzo/4, Pelinka boned it big time and we might as well have Bozo the Clown doing our trade negotiations.

Yup. Have to keep one of Zo or BI in this trade or else it's over pay

Not when you're keeping Kuz.

Kuz is the last guy we should be trying to keep up. Dear lord.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

Celts trying to keep Kyrie? I mean no means no. He's leaving the Celts and they are ok with letting Kyrie, then Tatum (other trade assets) AND AD just walk by next summer?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Reading some of the posts here make me glad none here are GM's. Some of the deals would take us back to medieval times.

Where do you think we've been the past 6 years?

On the come up. We need help in the FO. We haven't been the same since the passing of Dr. Buss. Jeannie is proving not the have what it takes.

Put pride on the back burner. Go get what got us to the elite level. It's there to be had in Jerry West and maybe Mitch Kupchak.

All the arm chair GM's here would last about as long as a thimble of water in the Sahara.

Go get the real. Stop with making decisions based on loyalty and friendship.

You know for damn well this is the kind of move Dr. Buss would do. LBJ/AD/3rd star? That's Dr. Buss right there.

Sure he would but I don't think he'd gut the team to do it. He had people in the FO that would get it done without gutting the team.

Me, I think we're solid as is. I'm not on the get AD at all cost bus. I use the 2004 Detroit Pistons as a template. I'm satisfied not to win the trophy next season. I can wait 2 3 years.

6 years have been waiting. Missing nearly a decade of playoffs would not be Dr. Buss.

Maybe we need to stop using Dr. Buss for your argument.

I'm not using Dr. Buss per se. I'm talking about his approach and employing qualified persons.

We're not as deep in the doldrums as some here think. We have talent that needs to be developed. Talent like Kuz, Lonzo and BI.

Alex Caruso, Josh Hart, Lance Stephenson are a good start at a second unit. Moritz Wagner is also developing.

Stop with the get AD at all cost. Develop what we have, use our cap space, #4 pick, get some quality FA. Do it right. Don't go the quick route.

We're not going to climb back to the top in one season. IMO "Win Now" is not a good approach.

Like a poster said Lakers fans are spoiled.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Juggernaut wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Lakers FO is so dumb. They are only bidding against themselves and have all the leverage yet trading away everything. People think this is NBA 2k, this trade will blow up in our face. Please Jeanie sell the team so we can hire real basketball minds

Yup. We have the best package available even without putting in both BI and Zo. Tell NOP to kick rocks if they don't like it. We move our attention towards free agency and then look for a trade down the line if another star becomes available. Too bad our FO is run by emotional morons

This x1000

If the Lakers backed out, Griffin would be left with just Ainge. And we know Ainge has forced Griff to fellate him before.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Kyrie does go back to Boston after KD achilles rupture, we might be in trouble.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

Time for Pelinka to prove what a dirtbag he is.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Return2greatness wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
If LA gives up the farm i’ll be pissed.

Who cares lol be pissed while we celebrate winning again. Myopic fans don’t know what it takes to win just want to have fun watching draft picks lose 😂😂😂😂

There shouldn’t be a need to give up the farm. It’s a one year deal without many suitors for a player with injury history. One hard fall and LA just dumped the whole young core for another lottery team.

LA should be able to walk out of this with Ingram or Zo. If they MUST perhaps Kuzma but something else should be coming back to LA then

I think that's too optimistic. If we keep, Zo, BI or Kuz....it's a good deal.

I agree some people here think this is like buying shoes..lol AD is a future hall of famer and some want to keep the whole store. It shows most have never negotiated anything in their lives. Lakers will get a legendary player who is only 26 years old, you do whatever to get him because the NBA is about superstar period.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

The Lebrons wrote:
So my first lookover - looking at lotto teams who may want to trade an established player for the #4.

Cavs - Love. Perhaps Griff likes him and thinks he'd provide leadership??
Wizards - Beal. They'd have to add more to #4.
Pistons - Griffin?? Drummond??
Spurs - Derozan??
Thunder - Steven Adams??
Rockets - Capela?? CP3??

Struggling to see it...

Houston... CP3?
T-wolves... Wiggins?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Reading some of the posts here make me glad none here are GM's. Some of the deals would take us back to medieval times.

Where do you think we've been the past 6 years?

On the come up. We need help in the FO. We haven't been the same since the passing of Dr. Buss. Jeannie is proving not the have what it takes.

Put pride on the back burner. Go get what got us to the elite level. It's there to be had in Jerry West and maybe Mitch Kupchak.

All the arm chair GM's here would last about as long as a thimble of water in the Sahara.

Go get the real. Stop with making decisions based on loyalty and friendship.

You know for damn well this is the kind of move Dr. Buss would do. LBJ/AD/3rd star? That's Dr. Buss right there.

Sure he would but I don't think he'd gut the team to do it. He had people in the FO that would get it done without gutting the team.

Me, I think we're solid as is. I'm not on the get AD at all cost bus. I use the 2004 Detroit Pistons as a template. I'm satisfied not to win the trophy next season. I can wait 2 3 years.

6 years have been waiting. Missing nearly a decade of playoffs would not be Dr. Buss.

Maybe we need to stop using Dr. Buss for your argument.

I'm not using Dr. Buss per se. I'm talking about his approach and employing qualified persons.

We're not as deep in the doldrums as some here think. We have talent that needs to be developed. Talent like Kuz, Lonzo and BI.

Alex Caruso, Josh Hart, Lance Stephenson are a good start at a second unit. Moritz Wagner is also developing.

Stop with the get AD at all cost. Develop what we have, use our cap space, #4 pick, get some quality FA. Do it right. Don't go the quick route.

We're not going to climb back to the top in one season. IMO "Win Now" is not a good approach.

Like a poster said Lakers fans are spoiled.

There's a reason why Dr. Buss didn't have many top draft picks though. This would be a total new concept for him to amass so many lottery picks as a result of sustained futility.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

levon wrote:
Damn, that dude was right.

No he said the trade was agreed upon already.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

Laker's Fan wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Celtics and Lakers are engaged in trade talks with New Orleans on All-NBA star Anthony Davis, league sources tell me, @ZachLowe_NBA, @ramonashelburne and @WindhorstESPN. Lakers No. 4 pick has been discussed as trade chip to help Pels acquire high-level player in multi-team deals.

Per Woj

Ainge has every incentive to help NO push the price up. I fully expect there to be a tipping point where Boston is rumored to be considering an all-in offer......and for that rumor to be completely false.

If this is what's going on then its time to move on. Pelinka should give NO his best offer and if no response, move on to the draft.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

governator wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
So my first lookover - looking at lotto teams who may want to trade an established player for the #4.

Cavs - Love. Perhaps Griff likes him and thinks he'd provide leadership??
Wizards - Beal. They'd have to add more to #4.
Pistons - Griffin?? Drummond??
Spurs - Derozan??
Thunder - Steven Adams??
Rockets - Capela?? CP3??

Struggling to see it...

Houston... CP3?
T-wolves... Wiggins?

Memphis-Conley
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Ainge: Feel free to say i'm involved in these talks so you can take the Lakers for everything they have.
Griffin: Awesome.
Pelinka: TAKE IT! TAKE EVERYTHING!
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Car54 wrote:
levon wrote:

Pretty sure he said the framework of a deal was agreed upon last night. Woj lags these updates, and part of me thinks this is a leverage play to counter Rich Paul. Wild stuff.

I'm ambivalent to this trade going down, so if Boston wants to empty the cupboard for him, I'm down.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

Car54 wrote:
levon wrote:

Yup
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Hawks and Wizards as potential facilitators?
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

King Randle wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Per Woj

If this is what's going on then its time to move on. Pelinka should give NO his best offer and if no response, move on to the draft.

Agreed, leave them with our best offer. Griffin can have fun with managing the circus around AD all season long if he wants, and that would be an ideal situation for Zion to see how disfunctional/inept the Pelicans organization really is. In a few years, we can welcome Zion to LA (after AD eventually joins us) and thank Gayle and Griffin for their stupidity.

Last edited by BadGuy on Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Username
Star Player
Star Player

Nothing would be sweeter than watching the Celtics give up everything for AD, then watching him walk away and join the Lakers in 2020.

But that would definitely make the 2019 season suck.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1622, 1623, 1624 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1623 of 8560
Jump to: