Rape charges have been dropped against the Duke Lacrosse Team

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Rape charges have been dropped against the Duke Lacrosse Team

But the kidnapping and sexual offense charges are still there(May I ask why at this point?)

Apparently this whole case has been a disaster from the get go... its BREAKING NEWS now.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject:

What a mess...

I'm guessing the other charges will get dropped soon too, the accuser will say she wants to "move on" and just concentrate on her new baby and blah blah blah. The DA will say he can't prosecute without the accuser but he still believes a crime was committed. And the accusation will hang over the guys heads forever.
KB8daDagger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
What a mess...

I'm guessing the other charges will get dropped soon too, the accuser will say she wants to "move on" and just concentrate on her new baby and blah blah blah. The DA will say he can't prosecute without the accuser but he still believes a crime was committed. And the accusation will hang over the guys heads forever.

Sounds familiar don't it?
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject:

KB8daDagger wrote:
SweetP wrote:
What a mess...

The similarities are scary. I just hope the voters in his district will hold him more accountable next time he runs for such an unethical prosecution than the morons in Eagle did for Hurlburt. I was reading an update about all this, but had to click out of it the moment I saw that they were quoting Wendy Murphy...
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject:

KB8daDagger wrote:
SweetP wrote:
What a mess...

Yeah except the races were reversed, circumstances were different for the parties involved and most importantly nobody ever threw "falsely accused" around in Kobe's case like they did here.

I wonder why... :roll:
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Just another crazy chick after the big bucks
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Lakers_2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject:

This case is as disgraceful as the Kobe trial. There is absolutely no reason why all charges haven't been dropped a long time ago. As with the Kobe case, you have a sinister, sleazy Persecutor who is ignoring and even fixing the evidence to get the outcome he wants, and no amount of evidence to the contrary matters.

Recently North Carolina Congressman Walter Jones called for the Justice Department to investigate this Prosecutor. They should investigate this one and Hurlbutt too for their corruption.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_2000 wrote:
This case is as disgraceful as the Kobe trial. There is absolutely no reason why all charges haven't been dropped a long time ago. As with the Kobe case, you have a sinister, sleazy Persecutor who is ignoring and even fixing the evidence to get the outcome he wants, and no amount of evidence to the contrary matters.

Recently North Carolina Congressman Walter Jones called for the Justice Department to investigate this Prosecutor. They should investigate this one and Hurlbutt too for their corruption.
Absolutely
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_2000 wrote:

Only because the defendants involved were rich and white I doubt he would go out of his way to do that for anyone else who fit the following and that applies to all of them really not just him.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject:

Now the accuser is changing her story...

This whole thing is a total disaster

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070111/ap_on_re_us/duke_lacrosse
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Now the accuser is changing her story...

This whole thing is a total disaster

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070111/ap_on_re_us/duke_lacrosse

I myself have been in a jury for a murder trial. and the phone records is what started messing up everything for both parties. but in this case. the phone records and time stamp photo is destroying the girls story.

Quote:
But the defense motion said the accuser's cell phone records show that she was on her on the phone during part of the time she now says she was attacked. Records also show Seligmann received a call on his cell phone during that period, the defense said.

Time-stamped photos and records of a 911 call made by the second dancer also indicate the women did not leave the party until shortly before 1 a.m., nearly an hour after the alleged attack ended under the new timeline. In an April written statement, the accuser said she and the second dancer left the party immediately after the alleged assault.

^now listen folks. once again when someone crys rape. and they're either LYING like a rug or telling the truth but via the DA/Police are being told what to say in their statements. the case should be dismissed. So one of two things has to happen. start putting heavy penalties on these Liars. OR the DA/police need to stop trying to Coach the Victim into saying something she did not say.

ITs making it harder and harder for those that have been actual victims of this type of crime, come forward. I mean, If i was a young college female. I dont know if I would come forward. Cause the moment i do, the DA will start telling me what to say to make things fit. Then i will be lying, then my story will look inaccurate. Then I will look like a lying Slut. Which is worse. Looking like a lying slut and actually being a victim of rape. Or just being a victim of rape? ladies you tell me. cause I feel for the real victims right now. this is beyond ridiculous.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16599880/

Now he wants out
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Nifong should be disbarred and this scum should do time in jail. The accused should also be able to sue him in civil court.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
Nifong should be disbarred and this scum should do time in jail. The accused should also be able to sue him in civil court.

Looks like he could be sued though

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070114/ap_on_re_us/duke_lacrosse
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject:

This is unbelievable!!!

VIDEO - The 'lab report'

VIDEO - The parents
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Someone made the connection to Kobe... not much of one though

http://www.phila-tribune.com/channel/inthenews/011407/page.asp
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: