Screw the Clips, Bucks Roster is the real threat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Teams are going to get up to play us. I feel like we approach these marquee games very lackadaisically while the Clips/Bucks approach it like it's Game 7 of the Finals.

I get that it's a regular season, but we do not have the luxury of falling behind against the elite teams.

To be fair, 6th game in 8 days, 5th straight road game and Milwaukee cold as hell
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Teams are going to get up to play us. I feel like we approach these marquee games very lackadaisically while the Clips/Bucks approach it like it's Game 7 of the Finals.

I get that it's a regular season, but we do not have the luxury of falling behind against the elite teams.

To be fair, 6th game in 8 days, 5th straight road game and Milwaukee cold as hell

Doesn't matter to other teams. Beating the Lakers is their Super Bowl (look at what the Pacers said about their win).
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Bud is quietly the MDA of the East. Great regular season teams, gets MVPs for his guys. But come playoffs, yeah.

But Giannis, this dude is insane. Wish we could have him but don't seem like things will align for that to happen.

At some point Giannis is going to see this Bucks team for what it is. A team that has no second superstar or even a consistent second all-star. Middleton is a sometimes all-star, more along the lines of all-star calibder. If by end of next season the Bucks don't get him a second star, I think he will be advised to leave. He may just be a loyal guy and stay with them, but at some point, a trade demand is coming. IMO he either leaves as a FA in 2021 or asks for a trade within 2-3 years. He is an exceptional talent, who worked on his weakness in his game. He deserves to be paired with a second all-star to give him a legit shot at a ring or rings. IMO,

Where will he go to get a 2nd bona fide star?

ON the one hand, he'd leave a team tailor made for him.

If he joins a team with enough cap space for 2 max, then he won't have the depth and tailor made team around him.

My dream of all dreams, even more than when LBJ joined us in 2018, is a Giannis/AD duo.

If he came to LA in 2021, who would stop him and AD, and Lebron on a paycut? No one is stopping that team if healthy. Lebron runs point. You'd get vet min 3nD shooters around them easily. It's a long shot, but if he wants to play with stars he will have options in 2021.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

yea idk where Giannis is going to get a 2nd star, his FA class aint good. And Middleton is about as good as Beal I think, when defense is considered.
If MIL would have kept Brogdon, man, they'd be clear favorites - even if Brogdon only plays at 85% of Indy Brogdon
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

The ideal way is if LBJ wins 2 rings, then calls it quit b/c he wants to run for the Senate or something. Then you have AD/Giannis ruling the NBA world for the next 5-6 years.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
This Bucks roster is made for regular season. Type of team that you can take into deep water and drown them. But if they can get someone like a healthy CP3 and Gallo and trade Bledsoe and Middleton and fillers than it could go either way.

Why would they trade Bledsoe and Middleton? That makes no sense.

I would say CP3 and Gallo give them a better chance of winning it all so I roll the dice because if they won’t , Giannis will be a goner for sure.
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The ideal way is if LBJ wins 2 rings, then calls it quit b/c he wants to run for the Senate or something. Then you have AD/Giannis ruling the NBA world for the next 5-6 years.

Don't forget about Luka too.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

Regular season games are meaningless. Had the Lakers won, it still wouldn't mean anything. Bucks are awesome. Obviously they trounce the majority of their opponents in the regular season ,they did that last year.

Lakers have played like 8 of 9 on the road. They've done well. Indiana would have been a win with AD.

They need to get Kuzma back and producing. Then they need to find a guy or two on the buyout market next February
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Regular season games are meaningless. Had the Lakers won, it still wouldn't mean anything. Bucks are awesome. Obviously they trounce the majority of their opponents in the regular season ,they did that last year.

Lakers have played like 8 of 9 on the road. They've done well. Indiana would have been a win with AD.

They need to get Kuzma back and producing. Then they need to find a guy or two on the buyout market next February

Regular season games against fellow contenders give us insights on strengths/weaknesses. To stand pat would be to disregard what we've found out.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Regular season games against fellow contenders give us insights on strengths/weaknesses. To stand pat would be to disregard what we've found out.

I don't think we learned anything new from this game. We know where our weaknesses are (defensive wings, another playmaker). These things would still need to be addressed even if we won.

This team can beat Milwaukee in a 7 game series, but it'll require Lebron and AD both playing like superstars every night. Kuzma needs to become a consistent 15ppg guy off the bench and play at least average defense. Am I 100% confident? No. I'd feel a lot better with another 3/D wing and playmaker in the backcourt. But I think we're a well coached team learning on the fly. Adjustments will be made.

I remember getting swept by the Spurs in the regular season and then falling down 0-2 to them in the playoffs. Seemed like they just had our number. Then a few defensive adjustments by Phil and we backdoor swept them. Playoffs are about adjustments. Of course that Laker team was younger, but pace slows down in the playoffs.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I don't think we learned anything new from this game. We know where our weaknesses are (defensive wings, another playmaker). These things would still need to be addressed even if we won.

Have to disagree. We have some folks still thinking there is nothing to see here, or that previous losses were anomalies that were the result of said weaknesses.

It was glaring just how old and slow our team looked outside of a few spectacular AD moves, and how small our guards looked as well.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Bud is quietly the MDA of the East. Great regular season teams, gets MVPs for his guys. But come playoffs, yeah.

But Giannis, this dude is insane. Wish we could have him but don't seem like things will align for that to happen.

At some point Giannis is going to see this Bucks team for what it is. A team that has no second superstar or even a consistent second all-star. Middleton is a sometimes all-star, more along the lines of all-star calibder. If by end of next season the Bucks don't get him a second star, I think he will be advised to leave. He may just be a loyal guy and stay with them, but at some point, a trade demand is coming. IMO he either leaves as a FA in 2021 or asks for a trade within 2-3 years. He is an exceptional talent, who worked on his weakness in his game. He deserves to be paired with a second all-star to give him a legit shot at a ring or rings. IMO,

If he joins a team with enough cap space for 2 max, then he won't have the depth and tailor made team around him.

My dream of all dreams, even more than when LBJ joined us in 2018, is a Giannis/AD duo.

If he came to LA in 2021, who would stop him and AD, and Lebron on a paycut? No one is stopping that team if healthy. Lebron runs point. You'd get vet min 3nD shooters around them easily. It's a long shot, but if he wants to play with stars he will have options in 2021.

Like Kawhi, he wants to be the star.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Giannis is like Kawhi and Dame Lillard in that they have no desire to join a superteam. I think he stays in Milwaukee. That superteam era is just about over.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Screw the Clippers and the Bucks, the real threat are the Mavs!! LOL! Man, they've been impressive without Doncic, which means they are freaking legit. We better get that 1 seed.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Like Kawhi, he wants to be the star.

While I don't see LeBron retiring or taking a paycut, I do believe Giannis would strongly consider joining another star player, should he fail to win a ring in Milwaukee over the next two years. Doncic, perhaps? Or (gasp) a S&T to Golden State?

He'd still be the star, but he may need a Wade/Kyrie type, just as LeBron's had on his championship teams.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:23 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Giannis is like Kawhi and Dame Lillard in that they have no desire to join a superteam. I think he stays in Milwaukee. That superteam era is just about over.

Kawhi bamboozled his way into a team with a bonafide top 5-10 player and one of the best benches in the league - that hardly qualifies as not having a desire to join a superteam, at least in my opinion.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
kwase wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Kawhi bamboozled his way into a team with a bonafide top 5-10 player and one of the best benches in the league - that hardly qualifies as not having a desire to join a superteam, at least in my opinion.

I don’t think the Clippers classify as a super team
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject:

Kawhi knew he needed Paul George and that Raptor win was more fortune and luck than anything else having to not face Lebrons Cavs, or the Durant led Warriors. That is why he wanted to get George with him in Toronto or LA (and Westbrook too, Masai had talks with Presti about trade with both players coming to Toronto).

At some point Giannis will figure out the same. That coach Bud is a great RS coach, whose system fails in the playoffs usually. That without a legit 2nd superstar, winning a ring will require great fortune and an easier path than usual. If he comes up short in 20, 21. I think Giannis strongly considers leaving.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

Not if we win the chip for the next 2 years, Giannis gonna wanna to join forces... but not with us
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject:

Not as worried about the loss to the Bucks.

Basically came down to Giannis making 5 of 8 from three. If he shoots his normal percentage (slightly worse than 3 of 8), it’s anybody’s game.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Basically came down to Giannis making 5 of 8 from three. If he shoots his normal percentage (slightly worse than 3 of 8), it’s anybody’s game.

It also came down to Green hitting 7 of 12 from 3. That happens every game, right? But keep the moral victories. What is our record against over .500 teams?

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

It also came down to Green hitting 7 of 1/ from 3. That happens every game, right? But keep the moral victories. What is our record against over .500 teams?

Not that much different than the other contenders.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

It also came down to Green hitting 7 of 12 from 3. That happens every game, right? But keep the moral victories. What is our record against over .500 teams?

I’ll keep the moral victories coming if you keep the Grandpa Grumblings coming.

What Giannis did has never happened in his career. He’s never hit 5 threes so we’re talking about an event that hasn’t ever occurred. In Danny’s case, he’s already hit seven threes a few weeks ago and on fewer tries and done it multiple times in his career. That you equate the two speaks volumes.

Our record over .500 teams is 8-5 which is right in line with the other top teams.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

What Giannis did has never happened in his career. He’s never hit 5 threes so we’re talking about an event that hasn’t ever occurred. In Danny’s case, he’s already hit seven threes a few weeks ago and on fewer tries and done it multiple times in his career. That you equate the two speaks volumes.

Our record over .500 teams is 8-5 which is right in line with the other top teams.

u not gonna win this one VLF, take the L
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

u not gonna win this one VLF, take the L

In before someone comes with the “6-5 vs .500 teams” which is incorrect.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 11 of 17
Jump to: