OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 706, 707, 708 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
It is unacceptable he only scores 4 points in this game.

Double the output of Danny Green who took more shots and makes more than 7x what Kuz does.

And is also over half a decade older. But justify away.

Just stating a fact, sir.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Double the output of Danny Green who took more shots and makes more than 7x what Kuz does.

As was I. Big difference between prime and post-prime.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Agreed. But ultimately for me it's all about the salary cap share. I want more out of Danny Green. At $1.9M, we can afford slippage from Kuz.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject:

And I’m more concerned with who mails it in and who doesn’t. That actually impacts play on the floor. If Pelinka wants to overspend on some players that is something that is clerical, not an impact on team play. A basic understanding of most sports is that young players are typically underpaid while older vets are typically overpaid.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Agreed. But ultimately for me it's all about the salary cap share. I want more out of Danny Green. At $1.9M, we can afford slippage from Kuz.

Green is the only one spacing the floor out there and playing excellent defense every game. His output will never be shown in PPG. On the other hand Kuzma doesn't do the little things and can't score either.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject:

Have to wonder a tiny bit if Kuz is trying to get traded? Coming off the bench as a spot up shooter is not what he wants to be.
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Have to wonder a tiny bit if Kuz is trying to get traded? Coming off the bench as a spot up shooter is not what he wants to be.

No, hes just not that good
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:22 am    Post subject:

He doesn't have the athleticism or handles to be a high level scorer. Very poor understanding of the game.
cheesehead88
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Doesn’t have the skill or the handles?

This was on January 9, 2019 against a six time NBA All Star

His offensive outburst propelled the Los Angeles Lakers over the Detroit Pistons 113-100 on Wednesday night to improve to 3-5 without injured LeBron James.

"Our team has shown a lot of growth from the post-LeBron injury," Lakers coach Luke Walton said.

Kuzma had 22 points in the third quarter, hitting four 3-pointers to get the crowd on its feet and scoring on consecutive goaltending calls. He joined Klay Thompson, Stephen Curry, James Harden and James with 40-plus points in three quarters this season.

"Pretty cool," Kuzma said. "That's the team I grew up watching. My fondest memories is them beating the Lakers."

No.

I think Kuzma tanking.

He wants to either start or be traded.

Aaron Mintz and Creative Artist Agency pulling the Randle DLO tank on the Lakers.

Really easy.

Don’t play defense

Don’t rebound

Jack up shots from the corner

Wait to get traded to Detroit for a bag of potato chips
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject:

He is from Flint, so Detroit isn’t as repulsive to him as it would be to others.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Come on , kuz, pick your game up, do it for the Mamba
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:35 am    Post subject:

Can't help but think Kuz will be feeling horrible right now, too. Seemed to particularly look up to Mamba, I hope he has a great stretch of games from hereon out spurred on by what Kobe would have wanted - pushing through the adversity
#18 next...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
He doesn't have the athleticism or handles to be a high level scorer. Very poor understanding of the game.

Wrong. When you can break franchise and NBA scoring records (granted, arbitrary endpoints), that is typically indicative of the opposite.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Great job Kuzma tonight.

Difficult to play in these times but I taught he played with heart and like a mamba.

He will be great for the Lakers this year once everyone gets back on track
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma played with a lot of heart tonight. I'd like to see that effort on the glass more often. He brought it tonight though.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Great job on the boards tonight
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Hope he can keep this up
It is ok if the shots are not falling, but he played with extra effort tonight
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Loved that effort tonight, Kuz. Thank you for that.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:00 am    Post subject:

This might be my first positive post on Kuzma for at least a year, but I was impressed by his fire in the Blazers game and just how he's handled things since news of the Kobe tragedy broke. He busted his butt out there.

For all my criticisms of him (some of which is unfair since he is a young man at 23 still finding himself), he showed he really understands and appreciates what it means to be a Laker and that's worth something to me.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:17 am    Post subject:

Yup good fire tonight. Probably the most on the team. AD was awesome too.

You know what this reminds me of? If Bean played in this game I have no doubt Lillard would be shutdown and there would be a 50pt showing and or a game winner involved. That’s what makes Bean the goat. The intangibles and response to the biggest moments. He was one with the universe man.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:41 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:

You know what this reminds me of? If Bean played in this game I have no doubt Lillard would be shutdown and there would be a 50pt showing and or a game winner involved. That’s what makes Bean the goat. The intangibles and response to the biggest moments. He was one with the universe man.

I actually think a Bron from three or so seasons ago would be able to lock him up as well.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:46 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Snipes wrote:

I actually think a Bron from three or so seasons ago would be able to lock him up as well.

Lol no. Bron never locked anybody up. His best defensive attribute has been as a weak side defender. And at his size there’s no way he could contain Lillard. Not to mention Lillard shoots from half.

Oh by the way that Heat franchise is still as stingy on D as ever.
Bron’s best defensive years came as a member of the Miami Heat. The more you watch that Heat franchise the more you realize it was the culture that Riley and Spo have built than Lebron. Go check all the advanced stat numbers on those Miami teams - Lebron was defending impeccably but his Heatles were right next to him allowing the same amount of points and fg%s.

I’ve never seen anyone lockdown prolific scoring guards the way Bean used to in his prime. It was Nasty..like permanently holding left trigger in nba 2k - guy was on them like glue.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:55 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Lol no. Bron never locked anybody up. His best defensive attribute has been as a weak side defender. And at his size there’s no way he could contain Lillard. Not to mention Lillard shoots from half.

Bron’s best defensive years came as a member of the Miami Heat. The more you watch that Heat franchise the more you realize it was the culture that Riley and Spo have built than Lebron. Go check all the advanced stat numbers on those Miami teams - Lebron was defending impeccably but his Heatles were right next to him allowing the same amount of points and fg%s.

I’ve never seen anyone lockdown prolific scoring guards the way Bean used to in his prime. It was Nasty..like permanently holding left trigger in nba 2k - guy was on them like glue.

I'm not saying he's a prime Kobe level lock down defender lol.. I'm just saying I've seen him locked in on certain players and making it very difficult.

There's one guy I'd say could lock guards up as well as Kobe and that's Ron Artest.. Shut Iverson down single handedly on a few occasions.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:57 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Snipes wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Snipes wrote:

I'm not saying he's a prime Kobe level lock down defender lol.. I'm just saying I've seen him locked in on certain players and making it very difficult.

There's one guy I'd say could lock guards up as well as Kobe and that's Ron Artest.. Shut Iverson down single handedly on a few occasions.

Oh yes and Tony Allen and etc etc. I should correct myself. I’ve never seen a volume/prolific scorer ever lock down another volume/ prolific scorer the way I’ve seen Kobe nobody could drop 50 and play lockdown D at the same time - and guys please don’t come at me with Jordan because If Kobe got a chance to guard some like Clyde he wouldn’t even score on him.

Oh and maybe Lebron wouldn’t be able to lock down Lillard but the Lebron from a few years ago would be dunking on every possession against this Blazer team - that’s for sure
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:00 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Snipes wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Oh yes and Tony Allen and etc etc. I should correct myself. I’ve never seen a volume/prolific scorer ever lock down another volume/ prolific scorer the way I’ve seen Kobe nobody could drop 50 and play lockdown D at the same time - and guys please don’t come at me with Jordan because If Kobe got a chance to guard some like Clyde he wouldn’t even score on him.

Oh and maybe Lebron wouldn’t be able to lock down Lillard but the Lebron from a few years ago would be dunking on every possession against this Blazer team - that’s for sure

Agreed, loved it when T-Mac was killing us.. Kobe took him in the 4th, locked him up and went on a scoring binge at the same time lol.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 706, 707, 708 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 707 of 880
Jump to: