Using Paypal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Using Paypal

Hey ive never used paypal before, and i need too too make a purchase on ebay. So i signed up for ann account on paypal.com, it was the one thats ideal for buying and selling on ebay. Its free too pay for stuff using it, their is some fee for accepting payments correct?

My question is, do i have too transfer money into that account or something like that? Because i added my debit card too the account, i figured it would withdraw from their automaticaly, but their is a colum that says funds and i have zero lol. Some help please, i dont want too make a pruchase and end up not having any money in their too pay for it, thanks.
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject:

Your fine. Paypal will just charge your credit/debt card when you make the transaction. It won't let you do anything weird.

You can also enter your bank account info for direct transfer of funds. Scary.
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
Your fine. Paypal will just charge your credit/debt card when you make the transaction. It won't let you do anything weird.

You can also enter your bank account info for direct transfer of funds. Scary.

Used it for years now and never had a problem. Have a problem with a seller on ebay and the paypal appeal process is easy and very effective.
soccerballer16
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject:

do you mind me asking what are you buying?
Sasha #1
I love maria sharapova
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject:

soccerballer16 wrote:
do you mind me asking what are you buying?

In short, EVERYTHING. I'll pm the long version.
skumbag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject:

If you decided to link your bank account to Paypal, I would create a separate bank account for this purpose and only keep the necessary amount of money in it to complete any Paypal transaction. There have been horror stories about Paypal pulling money out of people's bank account and it could be a living hell to get your money back or dispute resolved.

I would not use a debit card. I would rather use a credit card (if you chose not to link to a bank account). Just keep in mind that if you only use a credit card, then you are not considered "verified" by Paypal, and many Fleabay sellers will only sell to "verfied" customers. I'm not sure about a debit card though.

Really, the best way to use Paypal and to protect yourself is to use a separate bank account. If you current bank account doesn't have much money in it, then it ok to use it I guess. But if you have anymore than a few thousands in your bank account, consider a separate account.

My understanding is that Paypal isn't a bank, so it does not need to abide by the Federal Banking Regulations. You're pretty much at Paypal's mercy should a dispute happen.

Paypal has been very shady in the past years. In fact there's a whole site dedicated to it by disgruntled customers, check it out
http://www.paypalsucks.com/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: