The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1633, 1634, 1635 ... 2101, 2102, 2103  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LGFan wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LGFan wrote:
you expect a 19th year player to play hard in a meaningless regular season? that expectation should be put on the 28 year old AD who is just flat out a lazy bum

the goal was for AD to take over but ...he never did

I know that a lot of you thought this. It was a good thought, but it was never going to happen.

u had no clue either, lets not act like you knew it all the way

Nope. I watched him in New Orleans and didn't wear rose-colored glasses when he was traded here. He wasn't a team leader in New Orleans, and he wasn't going to be a team leader here. He is not an alpha. I know that some of you wanted to believe otherwise. I'm not blaming you, but it was never realistic.

Leader or not, alpha or not, he was putting up 28 and 11 with 34% on 3's in NO. I think some of us just want that AD. I know I do.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Saying this as LBJ fan . His season so far is just garbage. we would have won more games had he not played entire season so far.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Jacob Rude
@JacobRude
LeBron cites a handful of strong defensive performances, all in the 2nd half of games he didn't play in.

He then joked that "maybe I need to sit my ass down" for the team to be strong defensively

Lebron clearly knows he's struggling.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Saying this as LBJ fan . His season so far is just garbage. we would have won more games had he not played entire season so far.

The dude is turning 37 years later this month. He was drafted in 2003 19 years ago. What were you doing 2 decades ago?

It hasn't been his best season. But that's why we have Russell, AD (he might need some rest sooner rather than later), and a bunch of shooters. We just need Playoff LBJ. We don't need the 2012 regular season MVP.

We need the rest of the team to get us some wins. After that James can go goat mode for the playoffs

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, honestly I'm going give LeBron a pretty wide margin, he's 37 and STILL one of the top players on the team, can he play better, yes....have the other guys who are younger and some of them considered top level nba talent stepped up on a regular basis...no
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject:

it's sad Laker ownership is still treating LeBron as the alpha on this team. guess i'm not surprised, they did the same with a 38 year old Kobe. all they care are the names, do not care how old they are.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
it's sad Laker ownership is still treating LeBron as the alpha on this team. guess i'm not surprised, they did the same with a 38 year old Kobe. all they care are the names, do not care how old they are.

He was just a top MVP candidate last season before he was barreled into.. I get the frustration with the Season but I think some are taking this just a bitttttt too far.. Pretty sure 95% of the rest of the NBA would kill to have the success we just had in the last couple years let alone going back to Kobe.

Who else are they going to "treat" as the "alpha" currently? AD sure as hell isn't it.. As great as he is that's def. not going to be him on an even semi consistent basis. Then Russ is the new guy who's not as good as AD or Bron so he's obviously not going to be it either.

Until Bron retires I doubt anyone is going to come in and take over the team. It was the same for Kobe, that just wasn't going to happen. Were they supposed to ship Kobe out? His last few years were rough but it was a tough situation for the FO and none of the young guys on the team were remotely ready at the time of taking over for Kobe.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Is he tradable? I would not be surprised if this season dies young that pelinka will move AD after season and low ball extension to bron.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

30 points by the King vs the hated Celtics!!
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:50 am    Post subject:

Lebron vs the Celtics 30 points
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:18 am    Post subject:

Highlights

Block on Schroder
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:51 am    Post subject:

It’s quiet in here. 30 points or more in 5 of the last 6 games. Can he play better, sure. But, he still has been our best and most valuable player when he’s been available.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:08 am    Post subject:

Tatum blowing up early… LeBron: not so fast kiddo, I’m still Kang!!!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:13 am    Post subject:

That 1st quarter as insane
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
It’s quiet in here. 30 points or more in 5 of the last 6 games. Can he play better, sure. But, he still has been our best and most valuable player when he’s been available.

Eh. Lebron reverted to attacking the rim last night. 19 shots, only 5 from three. If he can sustain that without breaking down physically, we’ll be better. But it’s not clear that he can do that.

It’s not how many points he scores. It’s how he gets them. If he is a jump shooter, other teams will be content to let him shoot.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject:

heard a stat where he has not played more than 3 games in a row. If that's the case we must win every game he plays.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

Eh. Lebron reverted to attacking the rim last night. 19 shots, only 5 from three. If he can sustain that without breaking down physically, we’ll be better. But it’s not clear that he can do that.

It’s not how many points he scores. It’s how he gets them. If he is a jump shooter, other teams will be content to let him shoot.

Well, SVG really said it: they played some defense, therefore were able to get out in transition, so LeBron could get to the basket. At his age with the shaky spacing, he won't be able to do it much in the half court. It comes down to defense as usual.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Well, SVG really said it: they played some defense, therefore were able to get out in transition, so LeBron could get to the basket. At his age with the shaky spacing, he won't be able to do it much in the half court. It comes down to defense as usual.

I've seen him pull up at the three-point line on a number of occasions this season. Last night, he just kept going. So sure, the defense had something to do with it, but Lebron looked like he was determined to attack. When he does that, his game fits better with Westbrook. When he just hangs out on the perimeter, the fit isn't as good.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Bol wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I've seen him pull up at the three-point line on a number of occasions this season. Last night, he just kept going. So sure, the defense had something to do with it, but Lebron looked like he was determined to attack. When he does that, his game fits better with Westbrook. When he just hangs out on the perimeter, the fit isn't as good.

Given the age of this roster, they're actually better playing faster. When they get stops, the transition game is second to none. It's when they start taking the ball out after a score the games starts slowing down and they collectively, especially LeBron, start settling for 3s.
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Full Episode - A King's Metamorphosis

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

Other than the "eh" comment, I agree with AH here. Bron was fresh, maybe the days off. And he attacked the rim a lot more. This is more in line with what you would get in the bubble playoff run.

I don't think we get this Lebron regularly in the RS, but I wouldn't assume he can't do this in the playoffs. It's a shorter time frame and there are rest between games and playoff series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject:

Not even worried James ( or rest of the team) can put up offensive numbers.

The issue will always be on the defensive side of the ball for him. One chase down highlight block once every few games does not make up for nightly poor defensive efforts.

Not just a James thing. He contributes to it a lot, especially as a player on the floor 37 mpg. Too many lapses and nights giving up easy baskets for my tastes.

This team needs James to commit to defense and lead the way. Yes, even as the old guy that should not be playing all those mins. Defense can change this team’s season.

Who will they be? The team that gets outworked and gives up 120 pts a night or the vet team that says enough is enough and starts being professionals.

It will be interesting to see who shows up.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Last 5 games:

31ppg - 7.4apg - 6.4rpg - 1.2spg in 50%/33%/77% shooting splits.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:

u dont win championship in december. in his what 17/19th year, you need him fresh and healthy at the start of Playoffs.

the goal was for Bron to stay afloat while AD carries the load during regular season as he is entering his prime at 28yrs old. that has not happened yet
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

u dont win championship in december. in his what 17/19th year, you need him fresh and healthy at the start of Playoffs.

the goal was for Bron to stay afloat while AD carries the load during regular season as he is entering his prime at 28yrs old. that has not happened yet

I agree with you in principle. However, I’m not comfortable with the idea that Lebron can more or less coast during the regular season and then flip a switch in the playoffs. For starters, we need to make the playoffs and get a good seed. This shouldn’t be a big problem . . . unless we have injuries to the big three. And then we need to have the team playing well as a unit, which means that everyone needs to be ready to play with Playoff Lebron. So I generally agree with your sentiment, but I’d still like to see Lebron attacking more, like he did against the Celtics.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1633, 1634, 1635 ... 2101, 2102, 2103  Next
Page 1634 of 2103
Jump to: