*** Los Angeles Lakers vs San Antonio Spurs (12/15/23) Gm#26 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
I choose to no longer partake in this product for entertainment purposes as it is below my standards of acceptable quality. Jeannie, Rob, Ham, knock yourselves out, continue as you are. I’m sure your life will continue to be fine without my support, as will mine.

Good day.

See you tomorrow!
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:00 am    Post subject:

Another disappointing effort and loss. You would think I would learn by now not to expect too much from this team.

Long week, sitting down with a nice stiff drink to enjoy a recording of my team. And then they go down by 20 in the first quarter.

Now sitting in 8th seed and likely dropping further after this next stretch.

At some point this team needs to stop making excuses and start playing with some consistency and intensity. This “ oh well, let’s just make it to the playoffs” attitude is tiresome.

Yes, other teams “get up” to play the Lakers. Part of being a Laker. They either match it or expect to lose. Too often they accept it. Ruined a damn fine Friday night.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:14 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Another disappointing effort and loss. You would think I would learn by now not to expect too much from this team.

Long week, sitting down with a nice stiff drink to enjoy a recording of my team. And then they go down by 20 in the first quarter.

Now sitting in 8th seed and likely dropping further after this next stretch.

At some point this team needs to stop making excuses and start playing with some consistency and intensity. This “ oh well, let’s just make it to the playoffs” attitude is tiresome.

Yes, other teams “get up” to play the Lakers. Part of being a Laker. They either match it or expect to lose. Too often they accept it. Ruined a damn fine Friday night.

Agree with what you are saying.
Keep in mind, we dropped to the 8th seed but we are only ONE game out of the 4th seed. One game.

Effort is right. Can’t go down by 20+ in the 1st quarter against a team like the Spurs and you can’t give up 40+ points in a quarter.
With that said, I know we were missing 3 starters.
Christie, Hayes are basically D-leaguers. Vando plays limited mins when we needed some defense, why?

That’s on Ham. Does he prepare these guys? Hold them accountable? Seems like he doesn’t. In my opinion, he’s not a very good head coach. Maybe a good assistant or player development coach, but not a head coach.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:16 am    Post subject:

I have no idea of whether Ham is a good HC or not. That typically is an internal issue. From the outside, we rarely get to see the motivating or game planning in the locker room.

Is he saying the “wrong” things or are the players just not performing. IMO the Lakers have been overly reliant on a James-centric offense and a Davis-centric defense. Weak “team” concepts to carry them through tough games or if either are out.

They are who they are. An inconsistent mid pack team. Blame the HC? Team leadership? Roster makeup? Culture? Does it matter who is to blame?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:53 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Japago wrote:

This team isn't good enough. Stop lying to yourselves. Stop becoming attached to players.

I will lie to myself if I want, thank you very much. Lol

I am not a member of the "realistic Lakers fans" brigade. I will always think my team has a chance to win.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:45 pm    Post subject:

This team just isn't going to bring it some nights and are going to lose a lot of games they should win over the course of the regular season. This game again shows how crucial AD is to this team. Defense is a mess when he doesn't play.
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:51 pm    Post subject:

This team is a lottery team without AD
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:40 am    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
This team is a lottery team without AD and/or LBJ

FIFY
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:41 am    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:

Los Angeles Lakers @ New York Knicks
    Crypto Arena • Los Angeles, CA • Monday, Dec. 18, 2023 • 7:30 pm PT
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17
Jump to: