View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
MJST wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dlo loves the 4th quarter...I'll give him that.

Indeed, shame Ham barely plays him in it. Benching the guy whose the reason the team does the "Ice in my veins" after hitting a big shot is probably not the smartest decision. But Reaves is a closer too. Just Reaves lack of defense means if Ham wants to maximize defense on the wing he has to finish with either DLO and a defensive wing, or Reaves and a defensive wing.

Personally I think he should finish games with DLO, Reaves, Hachimura, Vando and AD when LeBron isn't playing. But what do I know.

Last year it was Denis, Dlo, AR, Rui, AD when Bron was out. They miss Denis because he would get into you like Cam or Vando but he would fight screens, push the ball, attack the paint, and get teams in the penalty so AR being a foul merchant paid off more.

Yeah, but AR no longer gets the superstar calls unfortunately. But he's looked more like himself. There just isn't a Shro variant. Reddish could be, though he's not a guard. Vincent is supposed to be but.. I don't think he played today.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:55 pm    Post subject:

about what I predicted. when bron sits guys get hungry knowing they may get the ball. DLO needs to go. don't care about his 4th. he's not a good fit.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
about what I predicted. when bron sits guys get hungry knowing they may get the ball.

Guys didn't 'play hungry'. They got the opportunity.

And Prince was able to hit threes. But if this was a home game he'd have went 3-13 again.

fyi DLo's the reason guys got in rhythm in the 4th and hit big shots to bring us within striking distance.

Reaves tried to run the offense when DLO was on the bench. He had 5 assists and 4 turnovers. Stop trying to pretend he's a point guard.

The guy who underperformed today, surprisingly was Reddish. His offense is up and down but his defense wasn't there today either like it usually was.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:04 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:
about what I predicted. when bron sits guys get hungry knowing they may get the ball.

And Prince was able to hit threes. But if this was a home game he'd have went 3-13 again.

fyi DLo's the reason guys got in rhythm in the 4th and hit big shots to bring us within striking distance.

Reaves tried to run the offense when DLO was on the bench. He had 5 assists and 4 turnovers. Stop trying to pretend he's a point guard.

Ar starts the fourth and second with Bron because Bron compensates for the fact hes not good at running a team. Without Bron, there should be no point where AR runs the team. HE needs to be scoring or playing two man game with Rui where everyone else just defends and rebounds, and spectates like old school ball. But he was horrible to start the second and fourth and the Wolves push the lad both quarters to start because of it. He misses Denis more tnan anyone else on this team

Denis allowed him to start
Denis took the better offensive player to hide him
Denis got teams in the penalty so he could draw free throws and get hit less

HE also misses Gabriel as well. Hayes and wood do not fit him. GAbriel would hustle, run, take charges, and offensive board for him regardless of touches and him using up the clock. HE misses both guys

If you had a team of Dlo AR Prince Bron AD Denis Cam Vando Rui Gabriel, you would have the elements that compliment AR better and allow him and Russell to play together. Vincent may fix a lot of problems, nut we will have to wait and see

Last edited by Kblo247! on Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:05 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:

The guy who underperformed today, surprisingly was Reddish. His offense is up and down but his defense wasn't there today either like it usually was.

where were you after the Bulls game. Dlo was a slug for the majority of the game and came alive late. he's not for us. We lost. I could argue it was actually a moral victory but it wasn't that close. he's better without Bron but he's not going anywhere. Let him go run another team. If bron and AD were aggressive types maybe dlo could fit but they arent he isn't. I'm sure he's a great guy though.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
MJST wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

Indeed, shame Ham barely plays him in it. Benching the guy whose the reason the team does the "Ice in my veins" after hitting a big shot is probably not the smartest decision. But Reaves is a closer too. Just Reaves lack of defense means if Ham wants to maximize defense on the wing he has to finish with either DLO and a defensive wing, or Reaves and a defensive wing.

Personally I think he should finish games with DLO, Reaves, Hachimura, Vando and AD when LeBron isn't playing. But what do I know.

Last year it was Denis, Dlo, AR, Rui, AD when Bron was out. They miss Denis because he would get into you like Cam or Vando but he would fight screens, push the ball, attack the paint, and get teams in the penalty so AR being a foul merchant paid off more.

Yeah, but AR no longer gets the superstar calls unfortunately. But he's looked more like himself. There just isn't a Shro variant. Reddish could be, though he's not a guard. Vincent is supposed to be but.. I don't think he played today.

I disagree. I look at it more like AR still gets the calls but he does not have teams in the penalty. denis attacked so much, ran into so many screens, pushed, and so on he got teams 2-3 fouls a quarter. Now AR is told you have to get them in the penalty and then get your free throws. HE clearly struggled to start with the extra physical attention he got. And he's not getting teams in the penalty in the second and fourth without Bron in the unit with him
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:

AR starts the fourth and second with Bron because Bron compensates for the fact hes not good at running a team. Without Bron, there should be no point where AR runs the team. HE needs to be scoring or playing two man game with Rui where everyone else just defends and rebounds, and spectates like old school ball. But he was horrible to start the second and fourth and the Wolves push the lad both quarters to start because of it. He misses Denis more than anyone else on this team

Denis allowed him to start
Denis took the better offensive player to hide him
Denis got teams in the penalty so he could draw free throws and get hit less

HE also misses Gabriel as well. Hayes and wood do not fit him. Gabriel would hustle, run, take charges, and offensive board for him regardless of touches and him using up the clock. HE misses both guys

If you had a team of Dlo AR Prince Bron AD Denis Cam Vando Rui Gabriel, you would have the elements that compliment AR better and allow him and Russell to play together. Vincent may fix a lot of problems, nut we will have to wait and see

Vincent is supposed to be the Shro replacement, but we'll see if he is and allows AR to do that. As DLO should be the guy primarily running the offense, not LeBron and definitely not AR.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Just a short while ago we were in the 4 seed. Now we’ve plummeted to 10th. 1 game out of being outside the play-in.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Weird... On the night they were shooting the 3 well, they only took 23 attempts.

But on the nights we're not, they were letting it fly.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:19 pm    Post subject:

I see AR as a shooting guard. He doesn't have the handles to be a point guard.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:21 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Just a short while ago we were in the 4 seed. Now we’ve plummeted to 10th. 1 game out of being outside the play-in.

But, but, we are the IST champions! We even have a banner to prove it.

I would love to think they will get over the slump and start winning games. They need to prove it.

Tough games coming up. I would be thrilled if they do not get humiliated on Christmas Day.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:23 pm    Post subject:

After Christmas we are likely gonna be 15-16 unless the team finds confidence in themselves in the next few days, so basically with LeBron and AD essentially healthy they have this team playing at a play in tournament level, don’t see how the FO can try to spin in any positivity with that, with 2 top dawgs on your team we should be in position to play for HCA in the playoffs not battle with the Grizzles and Warriors for the play in
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Austin Reaves is essentially a 6'5 Lou Will ceiling currently. And I'm fine with that. Lou Will had bigger hops though.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:12 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Austin Reaves is essentially a 6'5 Lou Will ceiling currently. And I'm fine with that. Lou Will had bigger hops though.

IMO, he's more like Manu.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:23 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LOL. Lou WISHES he shot the ball as efficiently as Austin. He's already better than Lou and is still improving.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:56 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
MJST wrote:
jodeke wrote:

IMO, he's more like Manu.

jamal crawford with looser handles
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Nor the vision. Plus he loves to pound the ball.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:00 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
MJST wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
MJST wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

I disagree. I look at it more like AR still gets the calls but he does not have teams in the penalty. denis attacked so much, ran into so many screens, pushed, and so on he got teams 2-3 fouls a quarter. Now AR is told you have to get them in the penalty and then get your free throws. HE clearly struggled to start with the extra physical attention he got. And he's not getting teams in the penalty in the second and fourth without Bron in the unit with him

Reaves also just isn’t flopping anywhere near as much as last year on either end of the floor. From what I can see the refs are still buying everything he’s selling but he seems to be making an effort to tone down his flopper reputation.
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
MJST wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
MJST wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

Reaves also just isn’t flopping anywhere near as much as last year on either end of the floor. From what I can see the refs are still buying everything he’s selling but he seems to be making an effort to tone down his flopper reputation.
What do you think about GSW trade. Im thinking we can pull wiggins or moody from them. We upgrade offensively at the wing and we can get rid of Taurean prince. They need a player like rui to be physical I see a good trade there.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:00 pm    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:
    Los Angeles Lakers @ Oklahoma City Thunder
    PayCom Center • Oklahoma City, OK • Saturday Dec. 23, 2023 • 5:00 pm PT
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18
Jump to: