Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:51 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
TMG wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
Lakers are a mid level team.. along with the Warriors and Rockets and Suns.

Nuggets, Clippers, OKC, T Wolves, Mavs, Kings are all above them.

Lakers are not a bad team, so let’s throw that out of the window. Lakers are only great when Lebron is on, so it is hard to see this team going anywhere given lebron is 39 years old.

The Lebron issue is the elephant in the room though. Has been for the past few years. How do you balance the necessity to rely on a player that can’t be relied upon to play the mins or games to consistently win?

He has amazing moments. Just few amazing games.

I also question the “can’t be traded” premise. Why? Is he a top 10 player or not? Can he make a difference on a borderline team to get over the hump? He seems to struggle to do that with the Lakers. But maybe a fresh vibe changes that.

Of the list above the Warriors seem the most likely. Would they trade for one last run at a Championship? Would James agree if he was able to get to play with Paul and Curry? What would they give up? Would the Lakers want to include a headcase like Green into the deal?

How about a package starting with Wiggins, Looney, Kuminga? Or Thompson, Kuminga?

How about the Suns? Take advantage of their disgruntled lockerroom and try to get Booker?

I agree a James is a legend in the League. But not untouchable IMO. Just need the right situation to help both teams. Or we can just hope he can play 35+mpg for the season, trade for players “ that help him”, and remain healthy enough to make that 16 game playoff run one more time.

You think we'll be able to get booker for a 40 year old Lebron really?

Lebron and AD ain't the issue. Matter of fact both of them have been pretty (bleep) great this season.

It's not Lebrons fault our guys cant hit wide open threes whilst other teams role players can.

Not Lebrons fault our guards are negatives on the defensive end.

Not Lebrons fault we've got borderline G-league players as backup bigs.

and that GSW trade is laughably bad. Really Wiggins-Looney

'Might as well blow it up and get some real value for both stars.

Curious what “real value” means to you?

Davis would bring back a quality package. IMO he is the one you build around. His two way talent is worth more than any blow it up package.

So that leaves James. Keep him and continue down the same “hope for good health” and the annual roster shuffle at the trade deadline to get him the help he needs? Or does he have trade value?

As for my trade ideas, just spitballing for players that would help this Laker team for a few years. I’m guessing it will never happen. But even if it did it would likely be multi team and a bigger package than a couple core players I mentioned.

It goes to the question of “what is James worth in trade” Is he a top 10 player that helps a mid tier team compete or is he a legend that gives you some spectacular moments but not enough to win games consistently?

IMO the Lakers missed the opportunity to trade him a season ago. Now we are just another mid tier team that has hopes everything goes perfectly for a chance to compete. While the real contenders absorb the injuries and poor shooting nights but still win games. I remember those days and Laker teams.

Im not against trading Lebron. But it's gotta be a trade that benefits us as well.

I dont see how trading him for a package of Kevon-Wiggins gets us any closer to the chip?

AD is our best player but he's not supposed to be one carrying your offense or have it built around.

If a trade is supposed to happen i'd want a legit guard and somehow a backup big as well.

Maybe too much to ask for but i'd have made a trade if it involved someone like Jrue and a backup big.

But thats fantasy stuff.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:09 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
TMG wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Zillethai wrote:

Lakers are not a bad team, so let’s throw that out of the window. Lakers are only great when Lebron is on, so it is hard to see this team going anywhere given lebron is 39 years old.

The Lebron issue is the elephant in the room though. Has been for the past few years. How do you balance the necessity to rely on a player that can’t be relied upon to play the mins or games to consistently win?

I also question the “can’t be traded” premise. Why? Is he a top 10 player or not? Can he make a difference on a borderline team to get over the hump? He seems to struggle to do that with the Lakers. But maybe a fresh vibe changes that.

Of the list above the Warriors seem the most likely. Would they trade for one last run at a Championship? Would James agree if he was able to get to play with Paul and Curry? What would they give up? Would the Lakers want to include a headcase like Green into the deal?

How about a package starting with Wiggins, Looney, Kuminga? Or Thompson, Kuminga?

How about the Suns? Take advantage of their disgruntled lockerroom and try to get Booker?

I agree a James is a legend in the League. But not untouchable IMO. Just need the right situation to help both teams. Or we can just hope he can play 35+mpg for the season, trade for players “ that help him”, and remain healthy enough to make that 16 game playoff run one more time.

You think we'll be able to get booker for a 40 year old Lebron really?

Lebron and AD ain't the issue. Matter of fact both of them have been pretty (bleep) great this season.

It's not Lebrons fault our guys cant hit wide open threes whilst other teams role players can.

Not Lebrons fault our guards are negatives on the defensive end.

Not Lebrons fault we've got borderline G-league players as backup bigs.

and that GSW trade is laughably bad. Really Wiggins-Looney

'Might as well blow it up and get some real value for both stars.

Curious what “real value” means to you?

Davis would bring back a quality package. IMO he is the one you build around. His two way talent is worth more than any blow it up package.

So that leaves James. Keep him and continue down the same “hope for good health” and the annual roster shuffle at the trade deadline to get him the help he needs? Or does he have trade value?

As for my trade ideas, just spitballing for players that would help this Laker team for a few years. I’m guessing it will never happen. But even if it did it would likely be multi team and a bigger package than a couple core players I mentioned.

It goes to the question of “what is James worth in trade” Is he a top 10 player that helps a mid tier team compete or is he a legend that gives you some spectacular moments but not enough to win games consistently?

IMO the Lakers missed the opportunity to trade him a season ago. Now we are just another mid tier team that has hopes everything goes perfectly for a chance to compete. While the real contenders absorb the injuries and poor shooting nights but still win games. I remember those days and Laker teams.

Im not against trading Lebron. But it's gotta be a trade that benefits us as well.

I dont see how trading him for a package of Kevon-Wiggins gets us any closer to the chip?

AD is our best player but he's not supposed to be one carrying your offense or have it built around.

If a trade is supposed to happen i'd want a legit guard and somehow a backup big as well.

Maybe too much to ask for but i'd have made a trade if it involved someone like Jrue and a backup big.

But thats fantasy stuff.

We keep trying to maneuver around the margins. We need a complete rebuild around Ad unfortunately that can’t happen. So we are stuck signing guys that other teams throw away in hopes hamm can figure out their place when in fact they don’t have a place. Which is how we got them

Just look at the trajectory of our starting pg.
30- to 18 mil - starter to 7th man getting 18 minutes per game. That is the quality of player we have outside of ad and bron.
Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:00 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Zillethai wrote:

If Lebron goes to GoldenState, they win the chip
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:50 am    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:
      Los Angeles Lakers vs Charlotte Hornets
      Crypto.com Arena • Los Angeles, CA • Thursday, Dec. 28, 2023 • 7:30 pm PT
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:37 am    Post subject:

I still need an answer though.

Why were Lakers fans cheering for the Celtics after the game?
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:31 am    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:

They weren't Laker fans according to the announcer (Breen?). He said there's a smattering of Celtics fans clapping. I noticed more jeering/booing noises than clapping from the smattering of Celtics.

Congrats on your regular season victory.
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:56 am    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

They weren't Laker fans according to the announcer (Breen?). He said there's a smattering of Celtics fans clapping. I noticed more jeering/booing noises than clapping from the smattering of Celtics.

Ironically, this is exactly what happened in reverse when Kobe got MVP chants at the Garden many years ago but I see that referenced on here all the time. It was Lakers fans chanting MVP after that game.

Ahh but yes that was a beautiful win. Thank you.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:54 am    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:
      Los Angeles Lakers vs Charlotte Hornets
      Crypto.com Arena • Los Angeles, CA • Thursday, Dec. 28, 2023 • 7:30 pm PT
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:41 pm    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

Ironically, this is exactly what happened in reverse when Kobe got MVP chants at the Garden many years ago but I see that referenced on here all the time. It was Lakers fans chanting MVP after that game.

Have fun with your choking mentally weak "superstar" Tatum.
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:00 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

Have fun with your choking mentally weak "superstar" Tatum.

Whoa what? Isn't this the same Tatum that several of your fellow fans want on the Lakers when his current contract is up??
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28
Jump to: