Hypothetically?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:33 pm    Post subject: Hypothetically?

Ok, for years I have thought about this! Displeasure with our team, mostly F.O. It went away after we won the Chip in 2020, even though I never wanted LBJ on our team!

Until the loss in W.C.F. & bringing majority of core back, I thought we’d be easily in top 2-3 in standings right now. I was worried about not having a quick P.G. (Dennis?) & physical center (Bismack).

So my MAIN BEEF is with F.O. firing Vogel & basically using him as a scapegoat, but hiring Ham & Eggs or whatever name you wanna use was STUPID! It was more stupid than hiring rookie H.C. Walton for young team but we had limited time with LBJ. So what was the explanation I never heard in the logic of doing this?

So, beyond this year if we don’t win it & have to depend on next year in the process of basically signing vet minimum players again, what do we have to root for?. My question to you all is I am a 50+ year fan & was thinking what team would I select & root for if the Buss & Rob show continue this clown effort this coach is putting on the court every game & most of all EFFORT from jump ball to end of quarters & games, we rarely blow any team out!

So I was thinking what team would I watch & switch to if I chose to stop getting crazy about from now on? It’s easy to see OKC, Orlando, (NEVER Boston) have the youth & bright futures. I really don’t know?

I always liked Denver, but would be a bandwagon fan now, live close to Philly but never close especially after 80’s. NO to Bucks, Bulls, Suns, Blazers, Hawks, Nets, Wiz, Spurs, Pels, so there’s not a lot to choose from when your a die hard & hoping in next two years we win it again & actually looking forward to life without LBJ & Klutch but unless we get a Luca, Antman, it’s gonna have to be an unstoppable triple double sorta player star to pair with AD. If I had to make a choice I liked the Pacers too, but I don’t think a small market team is the way to go? Memphis is a logical choice because of youth but small market & who knows how long Ja sticks around?

The most important thing to me is can we get or sign a guy 27 or younger before these guys are past their prime & we continue to play year to year with 6 or more different guys always on our roster!?

Diehard or not who’s your replacement if things are out of control & we are beyond a 1 year fix which basically have been since Rob & Jeanie fired Vogel & got rid of 2 centers & are doing an injustice playing A.D. at center!
HC: Riley
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:41 pm    Post subject:

When the going gets tough as a fan, you don't jump ship, at least in my view. I think people who truly love the Lakers are as in love with the built community and the shared history as they are the team itself in its current state at any given time.

There's no hopping onto the bandwagon of the Magic or Thunder or any other team you listed. Do you, I guess, but from my perspective and the Lakers fans I know, we "bleed purple and gold," and there's no basketball alternative to the Lake Show.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Do what I've always done:

scha.den.freu.de chowderheads!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:28 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
When the going gets tough as a fan, you don't jump ship, at least in my view. I think people who truly love the Lakers are as in love with the built community and the shared history as they are the team itself in its current state at any given time.

There's no hopping onto the bandwagon of the Magic or Thunder or any other team you listed. Do you, I guess, but from my perspective and the Lakers fans I know, we "bleed purple and gold," and there's no basketball alternative to the Lake Show.

The Lakers we fell in love with no longer exist. And won’t for at least a long time. What was once a forward thinking ownership who took risk after risk is now one that lives in the past. I still watch when I can but have lost the angry feelings when they lose.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:32 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

The Lakers we fell in love with no longer exist. And won’t for at least a long time. What was once a forward thinking ownership who took risk after risk is now one that lives in the past. I still watch when I can but have lost the angry feelings when they lose.

Like I said, the Lakers are community and shared history to me. That will always exist. Ownership may change hands. Players, coaches, and other staff come and go. Lakers is bigger than all of that. Always has been. Always will be.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:45 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

💯 agreed, the mystic, fear & complete overall power is & has gone since IMO when we hired guys like Dan’toni, Brown & Luke. We lack that LEADERSHIP & GLOW of a once POWERHOUSE of doing anything it took to remain Chip contenders. Moral is definitely missing from this current group of so called organization, franchise & team! 🤨
HC: Riley
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: