Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 115, 116, 117  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Trevor Bauer accuser indicted for fraud in Arizona

A woman who accused former major league pitcher Trevor Bauer of sexual assault has been indicted by a grand jury in Arizona on felony charges of fraudulent schemes and theft by extortion.

Quote:
Darcy Adanna Esemonu "knowingly did obtain a benefit from ... Trevor Anthony Bauer by means of fraudulent pretenses, representation, promises, or material omissions," according to an indictment dated March 19 and filed Monday in the Superior Court of Arizona in Maricopa County.

Esemonu also "knowingly did obtain or sought to obtain property or services ... by means of a threat to in the future expose a secret or an asserted fact in a social media message or in any other manner" involving another individual, according to the indictment.

That individual is not associated with Bauer, his attorney told ESPN.

Esemonu did not respond to messages seeking comment. The prosecutor listed on the indictment could not be reached late Tuesday for comment.

An arraignment hearing in the case is scheduled for April 26 in Maricopa County.

Quote:
Esemonu filed a civil lawsuit against Bauer in 2023, alleging he sexually assaulted her in 2020, which led to an "unplanned pregnancy."

In court filings, Bauer's attorneys described the situation as "a single sexual encounter" that "was consensual." Bauer countersued Esemonu for fraud, saying she was attempting to harass and extort money from him in the wake of similar allegations made by three other women.

Quote:
In a statement provided to ESPN by his lawyers, Bauer said Esemonu demanded $3.6 million from him and "claimed I forced her to have an abortion" and "when I refused to pay her the $3.6 million she was asking for, she made up a bogus sexual assault claim and filed a civil suit against me."

Attorneys listed for Esemonu in her civil lawsuit did not respond to messages seeking comment.

Esemonu reported the alleged incident to the Scottsdale Police Department in December 2022, a week after she filed the suit against Bauer.

Quote:
According to police reports obtained by ESPN, when Esemonu was interviewed by a detective following her allegation of sexual assault, she "initially stated she had a miscarriage, but later referred to the miscarriage as an abortion." The detective added that the medical records she had provided "do not indicate" whether she "was in fact pregnant."

In January 2023, one of Bauer's attorneys, Anne Chapman, also contacted the Scottsdale Police Department to file a criminal complaint accusing Esemonu of "theft by extortion."

Quote:
According to that complaint, Chapman told police that Esemonu "had demanded financial compensation from her client for a pregnancy and abortion that was alleged to be false."

Quote:
The Los Angeles Dodgers cut ties with Bauer in January 2023 after the former Cy Young Award winner received an unprecedented suspension following allegations of sexual assault by a woman in California and at least two others. Bauer has denied their allegations.

To clarify:

Quote:
The accuser in San Diego is: Lindsey Hill

This accuser in Arizona is: Darcy Adanna Esemonu

Quote:
Trevor Bauer shares his story: 'I never sexually assaulted Lindsey Hill or anyone else'
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:34 pm    Post subject:

^
Hill shot back at Bauer on social media earlier today, for what it's worth.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:42 am    Post subject:

How much more rope is Taylor going to get?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:58 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Dodgers announced a series of roster moves in advance of tonight’s matchup with the Nationals.

Los Angeles confirmed their previously reported selection of reliever Eduardo Salazar and recalls of righty Kyle Hurt and outfielder Andy Pages.

To create spots on the roster, the Dodgers optioned relievers Ricky Vanasco and Nick Ramirez and designated outfielder Taylor Trammell for assignment. The latter move clears the necessary 40-man roster spot for Salazar.

So we called up:

Quote:
1) Eduardo Salazar
2) Kyle Hurt
3) Andy Pages

We sent down:

Quote:
1) Ricky Vanasco
2) Nick Ramirez

We DFA’d:

Quote:
3) Taylor Trammell

Quote:
Trammell only spent two weeks on the L.A. roster. The Dodgers claimed him off waivers from the Mariners on April 2. He barely played, going hitless with three strikeouts in six plate appearances. Trammell appeared in five games but only got one start. As an out-of-options player who was clearly relegated to a depth role, his spot in the organization was tenuous.

…….

The Dodgers have a week to trade Trammell or put him on waivers. Los Angeles was near the bottom of the waiver priority when they successfully claimed him a couple weeks ago, so they may be able to get him through the wire unclaimed. If another team does take a flier on Trammell, they’d have to keep him on the MLB team or designate him for assignment themselves.

Good chance we get to keep Trammel.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:48 pm    Post subject:

I didn’t realize a game was on this early. Looks like I haven’t missed much.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
I didn’t realize a game was on this early. Looks like I haven’t missed much.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:14 pm    Post subject:

This team got some issues. 12-9 is not a great start to the season.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:22 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

I wonder how much rope Roberts has with this lineup
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:55 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I wonder how much rope Roberts has with this lineup

Unless Friedman brings in some more stud players, what are his options?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:52 pm    Post subject:

On the bright side the pitchers obviously did their job very well. The offense on the other hand…
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 pm    Post subject:

It's not like it's time to panic over a 12-9 start. Certainly, we're dealing with some pitching injuries, but that's the case for virtually every team. It would be nice to get Graterol and Treinen back for the bullpen. And I think we know the bottom of the lineup has been an issue. At least we're giving Pages a shot right now, and we'll see how that goes. But my biggest concern is probably Lux right now. If this goes on much longer, he has options remaining, so perhaps it's best if he gets sent down to see if it unlocks anything, and just let Rojas play SS for the time being. We'll see.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:39 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
It's not like it's time to panic over a 12-9 start. Certainly, we're dealing with some pitching injuries, but that's the case for virtually every team. It would be nice to get Graterol and Treinen back for the bullpen. And I think we know the bottom of the lineup has been an issue. At least we're giving Pages a shot right now, and we'll see how that goes. But my biggest concern is probably Lux right now. If this goes on much longer, he has options remaining, so perhaps it's best if he gets sent down to see if it unlocks anything, and just let Rojas play SS for the time being. We'll see.

It's nice to see such level headed thoughts and that you did not catch the illness, the over-reaction-osis, that seems to plague so many commentators.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:04 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

It's nice to see such level headed thoughts and that you did not catch the illness, the over-reaction-osis, that seems to plague so many commentators.

I'm sure that in a couple of months, I will be having anger coming out of my ears that we kept Lux instead of Busch.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:03 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I'm sure that in a couple of months, I will be having anger coming out of my ears that we kept Lux instead of Busch.

I’m already there. Lux plays garbage defense just like Busch except he can’t hit either.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:47 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I’m already there. Lux plays garbage defense just like Busch except he can’t hit either.

Yup.

Busch was a 2B all throughout his minor league career. We just never gave him a chance at 2B.

But we bend over backwards giving Lux and Vargas a chance because we believe in them more.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Remember when CT3 and Kike were so good for us? Now, they both stink.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:02 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Remember when CT3 and Kike were so good for us? Now, they both stink.

I really hope they pick it up soon. At least Kike. I will always have a good memory of him hitting the Grand Slam against the cubs in 2017.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:39 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Lux's second base defense has actually been fine since the real games have started. He's just not hitting a lick, obviously. And in a very good development, Mookie's defense has been good too, at least according to Baseball Reference's dWAR metric. He's been judged to be worth .4 WAR defensively so far, and, get this...he's at 2 WAR already for the season. He's on a 15-16 WAR pace! Of course, he won't end up with that much by season's end, but maybe he can eclipse 10 WAR for the second time in his career. He's already led his league in WAR 3 times (including the shortened 2020 season), and he's almost at 67 WAR already for his career. He has an outstanding shot to eclipse 100 WAR by the time he's done playing, and only 32 players have ever done that. And of those 32, 11 were pitchers (not counting Babe Ruth), so just 21 position players have ever done it. We really are looking at an inner circle HOF'er if he keeps this pace up. Like, an all-time great. Imagine if he's a successful shortstop, or, hell, just a successful middle infielder for close to a decade, after being a Gold Glove outfielder for the majority of his first decade. I have one more WAR stat for y'all. Derek Jeter had 71.3 WAR for his illustrious career. Barring injury, Mookie is going to pass him this season. During his age-31 season (he turns 32 in October). It's insane!

Seriously, what a massive blunder by Boston to trade him to us. They ended up paying Devers a massive contract just 3 years later anyway. Mookie truly has a chance to go down as one of the all-time great baseball players. And perfect in the clubhouse and community, too. We're so fortunate to have him. Maybe he will never be a speedster again, but he's such a truly fabulous player.

Hmm, I didn't expect this to turn into a Mookie post when I started this one!
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:51 am    Post subject:

At what point to we determine that guys like Pages or Vargas couldn’t be any worse than Lux or Taylor and just try going in a different direction? CT in particular is pretty much an automatic out right now.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:23 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Lux's second base defense has actually been fine since the real games have started. He's just not hitting a lick, obviously. And in a very good development, Mookie's defense has been good too, at least according to Baseball Reference's dWAR metric. He's been judged to be worth .4 WAR defensively so far, and, get this...he's at 2 WAR already for the season. He's on a 15-16 WAR pace! Of course, he won't end up with that much by season's end, but maybe he can eclipse 10 WAR for the second time in his career. He's already led his league in WAR 3 times (including the shortened 2020 season), and he's almost at 67 WAR already for his career. He has an outstanding shot to eclipse 100 WAR by the time he's done playing, and only 32 players have ever done that. And of those 32, 11 were pitchers (not counting Babe Ruth), so just 21 position players have ever done it. We really are looking at an inner circle HOF'er if he keeps this pace up. Like, an all-time great. Imagine if he's a successful shortstop, or, hell, just a successful middle infielder for close to a decade, after being a Gold Glove outfielder for the majority of his first decade. I have one more WAR stat for y'all. Derek Jeter had 71.3 WAR for his illustrious career. Barring injury, Mookie is going to pass him this season. During his age-31 season (he turns 32 in October). It's insane!

Seriously, what a massive blunder by Boston to trade him to us. They ended up paying Devers a massive contract just 3 years later anyway. Mookie truly has a chance to go down as one of the all-time great baseball players. And perfect in the clubhouse and community, too. We're so fortunate to have him. Maybe he will never be a speedster again, but he's such a truly fabulous player.

Hmm, I didn't expect this to turn into a Mookie post when I started this one!

Awesome post! We are so lucky to be able to watch Mookie play every day.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:48 am    Post subject:

Jeter was always overrated with his terrible defense. Honestly he was clearly the worst out of the 3 great shortstops of that era with 1. ARod 2. Nomar and 3. Jeter. Nomar is the real whatif because he was naturally the best hitter out of the three until he split his wrist tendon that turned him from a 0.350-0.370 hitter to a 0.300-0.310 hitter. Nomar at his peak was a Tony Gwynn with 30-35 HR power and up to a certain age, his WAR was higher than even A-Rod's.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Lost in all this is that Freeman has struggled with his slugging this yr.

Quote:
1 HR in 21 games
.364 slg %

21 H
5 XBH
16 singles

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Yamamoto struggling, Smith makes a huge error & Dodgers down 3-0
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:03 pm    Post subject:

CT.03 hits into a double play
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:23 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Lost in all this is that Freeman has struggled with his slugging this yr.

Quote:
1 HR in 21 games
.364 slg %

21 H
5 XBH
16 singles

How clutch has he been this year? Only 8 RBI’s so far and it seems like he hasn’t done much when I see him up with RISP.

But I expect him and Ohtani to turn it around (with RISP), and the bottom 3 hitters to hit above .200.

Freeman barely hit any homers last season for the first several weeks and still finished with strong numbers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 115, 116, 117  Next
Page 108 of 117
Jump to: