* Play-Offs Round 1/ Gm1: Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets(04/20/24) *
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:14 pm    Post subject:

If you are comparing 39 year old lebron to 35 year old lebron, I don’t know what to tell you.
Also if you think the phx suns won 2 games based on unsustainable shooting, then you don’t think the 18 warriors could do more with a younger KD, younger Steph, and a pre injury Klay? Who said the 18 rockets couldn’t beat the 23 nuggets? harden probably fouls out Jokic and Gordon every game, and they have capella.
21 bucks had Lopez/giannis/portis to throw at jokic, and Giannis was the best player in the league during that time. They also have Holiday to contain Murray,
The 23 nuggets were great, but not that great. They shot 40% from the 3 as a team to sweep us. They matchup great against us
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:24 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
If you are comparing 39 year old lebron to 35 year old lebron, I don’t know what to tell you.
Also if you think the phx suns won 2 games based on unsustainable shooting, then you don’t think the 18 warriors could do more with a younger KD, younger Steph, and a pre injury Klay? Who said the 18 rockets couldn’t beat the 23 nuggets? harden probably fouls out Jokic and Gordon every game, and they have capella.
21 bucks had Lopez/giannis/portis to throw at jokic, and Giannis was the best player in the league during that time. They also have Holiday to contain Murray,
The 23 nuggets were great, but not that great. They shot 40% from the 3 as a team to sweep us. They matchup great against us

Goodness, I shouldnt need to argue with you how a choker mentally weak Harden led Rockets team wouldnt have beaten a mentally strong great execution champions like the Nuggets. The 18 Warriors could have unsustainable shooting....but its exactly like you said unsustainable. The base level and shot quality of the 2023 Nuggets would be higher than that of the 2018 Warriors. They dont just matchup great to us....they handled the 64 win "most talented team in the league" Celtics in almost exactly the same way. The 40% shooting isnt just a result. Its a product of great process in terms of shot quality and Ive almost never seen a team in NBA history that can get the kind of consistent great looks that they get. They have all the looks of a back to back champ and possibly a 3-peat
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:41 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Goodness, I shouldnt need to argue with you how a choker mentally weak Harden led Rockets team wouldnt have beaten a mentally strong great execution champions like the Nuggets. The 18 Warriors could have unsustainable shooting....but its exactly like you said unsustainable. The base level and shot quality of the 2023 Nuggets would be higher than that of the 2018 Warriors. They dont just matchup great to us....they handled the 64 win "most talented team in the league" Celtics in almost exactly the same way. The 40% shooting isnt just a result. Its a product of great process in terms of shot quality and Ive almost never seen a team in NBA history that can get the kind of consistent great looks that they get. They have all the looks of a back to back champ and possibly a 3-peat

Ya we have to start giving Denver their due. Jokic is quite a bit better than all those champ’s best players of the last 5 years. They have size and defense to make it hard for anyone. And there isn’t a single player in the league that can even bother this version of Jokic from doing whatever the hell he feels like doing on the court.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:48 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Goodness, I shouldnt need to argue with you how a choker mentally weak Harden led Rockets team wouldnt have beaten a mentally strong great execution champions like the Nuggets. The 18 Warriors could have unsustainable shooting....but it’s exactly like you said unsustainable. The base level and shot quality of the 2023 Nuggets would be higher than that of the 2018 Warriors. They dont just matchup great to us....they handled the 64 win "most talented team in the league" Celtics in almost exactly the same way. The 40% shooting isnt just a result. It’s a product of great process in terms of shot quality and Ive almost never seen a team in NBA history that can get the kind of consistent great looks that they get. They have all the looks of a back to back champ and possibly a 3-peat

Choker mentality but almost beat the best team assembled in a while? You must be confusing last years Phx suns teams with the 2018 warriors. The warriors generated great high quality shots just because of their personnel. 18 rockets were built on the greatness of Prime Harden(aka 15 Fts a game).
Nuggets didn’t even play the best teams in the league last year, they played 8th seed, 4th seed , 7th seed and 8th seed.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:13 am    Post subject:

Just win one game. I'd be happy with that.

If Ham actually bothered to develop Christie he'd matchup great with Murray. But this idiot coach thinks a duo of Reaves and DLO will work against this team.

One of DLO or Reaves needed to be benched for Christie this series. But it's whatever now gotta roll with it.

I've always said when playoffs come DLO wont be as good because the game isn't free flowing.

This is the worst matchup for him.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:47 am    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:

** Play-Offs Round 1/ Gm2: **

Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (04/22/24)
Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:00 am    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't think Dlo and AR will keep having bad games. I expect Dlo, AR, and Rui will show up in game 2. It's going to be a closer game maybe a win.

I don't -- AR and DLO are not playoff caliber players.

DLO will. AR though has fallen off a cliff

AR is not a superstar or a star nor he gets paid that way. You comment is just stupid. He is 2 year player un drafted from the summer league let’s not forget that

Im not forgetting. But many fans are. Before the trade deadline, people were saying how untouchable he is. Hopefully his mediocre play brings fans back down to earth
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:51 am    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
samnizam wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't think Dlo and AR will keep having bad games. I expect Dlo, AR, and Rui will show up in game 2. It's going to be a closer game maybe a win.

I don't -- AR and DLO are not playoff caliber players.

DLO will. AR though has fallen off a cliff

AR is not a superstar or a star nor he gets paid that way. You comment is just stupid. He is 2 year player un drafted from the summer league let’s not forget that

Im not forgetting. But many fans are. Before the trade deadline, people were saying how untouchable he is. Hopefully his mediocre play brings fans back down to earth

Austin Reaves in last years playoff averaged 17/4/4 and was a huge reason as to why we made the WCF. Compare that to DLO's overall playoff stat and last years playoffs it's clear as day who the better playoff performer is.

And it sure as hell isn't DLO.

When the game is free flowing DLO is great. When teams bite down and play disciplined and the game is tight DLO is probably at his worst.

He's never been a playoff level starting guard.

I'd try Gabe Vincent but Ham being stubborn wont make it happen.

Gabe at least gives you good defense if the offense falters.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:49 am    Post subject:

I tried to be quiet, but I can't.

The play Christie comments are insane. That isn't the problem. Yeah, DLOs shot was off, but he didn't have seven turnovers with half of them being brain fart turnovers.

The problems are: Denver is really good, the 5 out offense is dumb, the front office never got a legit big man that can play with AD on the court and there appears to be very little coaching strategy to counter Denver's weaknesses. Denver is thin. Get them in foul trouble, make them use the bench more, wear them down.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42
Page 42 of 42
Jump to: