PACERS -at- LAKERS - 1/6 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject:

AndrewBynum17 wrote:
DB do you think Farmar shoots too much at times when he is on the floor? Some games I notice he forces a lot of shots. He seems like a streaky shooter though so you can't blame him for taking chances, he either will have a very good game or very bad game.

He's a young player, getting critical extended minutes. He will develop into the 'good Farmar' with more experience so it's imperative he keep firing. It should be part of his aggressive game. (Fish does the same thing at times, forcing his shots.) That's ok (the missing at times) as long as the development continues (and given Farmar's work ethic, it will.)
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
That second unit couldn't do anything because we had no outside threat. That's why guys like Sasha and Vlade who can be knuckleheads can at least spread the offense.
I think that's why Fisher has been so valuable in the first unit.

Both Farmar and Critter passed up open 3 pt. shots, and when they did it either led to turnovers or one and out because they drove into the waiting defense. Both of them can shoot, they broke their own rhythm on those plays.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB. Kwame seemed to have a different attitude in his approach to this game. When i saw him do that face up fake and jump shot I kind of got excited, thinking just maybe he realizes if he wants a future here it's going to be as a PF. He's got nothing to lose now, and now's the time to resurrect that old face up game of his. That "nothing to lose" attitude would give him the mental fortitude to "go for it." As long as Kwame is a Laker I'm always going to hope for that because if he becomes the PF we saw flashes of in Washington then we are definitely contenders.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject:

The usually solid second unit had problems, seemed out of sync. Holding and adding to leads has been the norm. When Farmar clicks so does the unit. How do I add my avatar?
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject:

Even though they won, the team is still a little out of sync to me. Bynum carries them in the 1st half, then is ignored in the 2nd. Kobe/Fish cold for most of the game, then flame on to seal the win.

2nd unit stunk maybe because JoFar isn't used to working with Critt as the SG, Kwame as the post person and no Vlade as outside threat. No one seemed to be in the right positions, so the tri sets were broken off.

Nevertheless, a win when they are supposed to win is always good. Big test on Wednesday vs NO.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
AndrewBynum17 wrote:
DB do you think Farmar shoots too much at times when he is on the floor? Some games I notice he forces a lot of shots. He seems like a streaky shooter though so you can't blame him for taking chances, he either will have a very good game or very bad game.

I would just like to see a little more midrange from him. Seems like its either a three or a drive most of the time. Rare when he pulls up from 12-15 feet.

+1
AndrewBynum17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
AndrewBynum17 wrote:

I would just like to see a little more midrange from him. Seems like its either a three or a drive most of the time. Rare when he pulls up from 12-15 feet.

yeah i agree he always takes a three if he doesn't drive in I want to see that midrange game more. I think he gets very excited being out there on the court which means he isn't as patient at times. I think that's common for many young players though who get limited minutes.

Last edited by AndrewBynum17 on Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject:

Not happy about Luke starting against Granger. One day this will cost us.

Very happy about blowing out teams we are supposed to. last year we would have probably lost or barely squeaked by.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject:

I was most pleased by the fact that for the second consecutive game, we held the opponent under 100. Given our firepower overall, if we can continue to play good D, even a mediocre offensive showing equals a win.
BigEvil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Nice as always DB.

I wonder if Kwame has been watching Karl Malone tapes of late. It does seem like he's trying new things on offense, but the thing that I've been surprised the most with is his passing. In the couple of games he's been back, he's had a couple of nifty passes, very Malone-esque.

Sweet Jeebus, imagine if he actually started getting it...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Kobe has almost shed Kome. I take into consideration a shooter has to keep shooting even when he's off to get his rhythm. He had a good second half. He went 8-21 but had 6 AST. He's been off of late but that's natural in the game. [/b]
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject:

BigEvil wrote:
Nice as always DB.

I wonder if Kwame has been watching Karl Malone tapes of late. It does seem like he's trying new things on offense, but the thing that I've been surprised the most with is his passing. In the couple of games he's been back, he's had a couple of nifty passes, very Malone-esque.

I think he's got a huge carrot in front of him and knows he needs to make an impact. Contract year.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
BigEvil wrote:
Nice as always DB.

I think he's got a huge carrot in front of him and knows he needs to make an impact. Contract year.

That carrot would have to be the size of Staples Center for him to really improve.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
How do I add my avatar?

You need to post for a while. I think it's a 100 posts and your avi will show (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject:

I think Kwame sees the handwriting on the wall. No way he's going to get the starting job as long as Andrew plays the way he's playing. I'd like to see him go to PF. We'd have a rendition of the "Twin Towers" Duncan and Robinson. I think it's 25 so you guys are going to get sick of me.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject:

^Maybe he does see PF in his future... I mean he actually took a jump shot last night, and it wasn't because the shot clock was running down or anything.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Killer instinct in the 3rd quarter: 35-19. GREAT to see.

I'm loving this team more game by game.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject:

>>Kwame's playing a bit looser as a backup. Unfortunately, he still has hands of stone and the shooting touch of a pirate ship cannon - TEEGUN 1/6/2008<<

You're right Kwame doesn't, like Andrew, have soft hands. That's a problem that in his case can't be remedied, he has small hands.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
BigEvil wrote:
How do you figure a physical specimen like Kwame constantly getting injuried? With his track record, can he realisitically expect to get $ as a starter?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject:

>>How do you figure a physical specimen like Kwame constantly getting injuried? With his track record, can he realisitically expect to get $ as a starter?<<

Why not Walton got an extention and has been hurt like his father. So did Lamar. But not as a starter....
*Purple&Gold*
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Dare i say...seems the second unit played much better and were much more effective with a healthy Vlade out there knockin down threes.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Why do we always go to Bynum, and then go away from him? He had 11 points in the first quarter of the Philly game, 3 in the 2nd, and 2 in the 3rd. Then this game, he gets 21 at the break, then 3 more for the rest of the game. Everytime I think, "Ok, Bynum's going to break 30 now", but we go away from him
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
BigEvil wrote:
How do you figure a physical specimen like Kwame constantly getting injuried? With his track record, can he realisitically expect to get $ as a starter?

I think he just knows that there is a lot of money at stake for himself. The injuries are going to cost him...he better produce when he can. This is just my hunch (no inside info). I kind of sensed some more urgency to get back and play during this injury than previous ones.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject:

*Purple&Gold* wrote:
Dare i say...seems the second unit played much better and were much more effective with a healthy Vlade out there knockin down threes.

When he's draining his threes and on, he makes things a lot easier for us. Unfortunately, it seems his hand and wrist injuries seem to sidetrack that way too much.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: