LAKERS -at- GRIZZLIES - 1/8 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject:

Bynum got only 29 minutes? Conscious choice by Phil, perhaps to save him for the back-to-back, to get Kwame into the game and get him some more minutes? Every time I tuned in it seemed like Bynum was out and Brown in, so I thought Bynum must be in foul trouble, but he only had 2 fouls the whole night?

Or was something else going on?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject:

DB...New to the forum and loving it. Not as much sniping and more intelligent basketball theory. My theory on Kobe's shooting woes is he's suffering from a groin pull, not getting the lift on his shots. They seem flat. The reason I give is I've suffered a groin pull. It limits your movement. Groin injuries take a while to heal.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DB...New to the forum and loving it. Not as much sniping and more intelligent basketball theory. My theory on Kobe's shooting woes is he's suffering from a groin pull, not getting the lift on his shots. They seem flat. The reason I give is I've suffered a groin pull. It limits your movement. Groin injuries take a while to heal.

Kobe did suffer a groin pull, but that was about a month ago, right? He wouldn't be healed yet by now?

By the way, he also had a.....elbow or shoulder injury to begin the season. Has that gotten any better?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject:

I'm not an authority but judging from my experience with the injury it needs rest to heal. With the miracles of modern day medicine who knows. Example roto-cup injury use to mean the end of a career. Than along came Tommy John. Kobe just doesn't seem to have the lift. I hope he's not taking corisone shots.
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject:

Thanks as always, DB. We led from start to finish. We've struggled in Memphis in the past so to lead from the start and never relinquish it was a great sign. I thought that we might be looking ahead to the Hornets game, but we took care of business. I'm so glad Fisher is back for many reasons. I don't need to explain the upgrade he is over Smush. 91% shooting from the field last night. He'll have his hands full against CP3 tonight. Just like you said, I just love how Ariza jumps into the passing lanes. He anticipates so well. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, he adds a dimension to our team that we didn't have before the trade. Looking forward to tonight even though it's a back to back for us on the road. Hopefully they didn't party last night on Bourbon Street when they got to NO. I highly doubt it b/c I'm sure they got in pretty late. We got spanked pretty good by them at home early in the season, but we're playing better and they've been playing well also. They're coming off back to back road wins against the Warriors and Suns. Impressive. Thanks again.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- GRIZZLIES - 1/8 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

I found Memphis resilience to our unusually good D and hot hand a little troubling. After the lead got up to 26 points it looked like we got sloppy with the mentality that we could do anything on offense. That's when they went on their run to end the half.

Anyway, I'm glad we got the win, I just didn't get the sense from that game that other than our hot 1st half run that we really did enough to beat them next time we face them. We need to stay focused and smartly execute our offense while not letting guys like Mike Miller see the basket from beyond the arc like that. Also, Ike Diogu made a big impact for them when he came in the game.

Farmar looked good in this one, kind of a Deron Williams-esq drive for the reverse layup. Love the midrange fall away's in the key too.

Good to see AB go after it in the post. He got opportunities to play in there with two tall long armed guys, and showed he could find a way to attack them with the bank off the left block and the little midrange J. I knew he could do that, that was sweet. I have a feeling we're going to be seeing more and more of that as his game matures.

Kobe's D and J were looking good in the first half, until he slipped and re-aggravated the groin. In fact, part of Memphis come back may have had more to do with that than anything else. On one sequence after he nearly did the splits, I saw him under the basket with a chance to get a loose ball, and he just stood there. It seemed obvious at that point the groin was bothering him. I just hope it doesn't tighten up today in NO.
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject:

fun game to watch. Fish is the man

The lakers will get prince.
Basqet
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the recap, I have been enjoying these all season.
Also isn't Diogu a Pacer?
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Farmar looked good in this one, kind of a Deron Williams-esq drive for the reverse layup. Love the midrange fall away's in the key too.

I actually thought he looked a lot like Tony Parker on that reverse. He had another Parker-esque move when he picked up the loose ball and Navarro came over to guard him. He put a quick crossover on him and just blew by him on his way to a breakway dunk. Very nooooice.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB!

Wasn't this the same Memphis team that beat the Spurs on a Rudy Gay buzzer beater a few games ago? Their coach said that they didn't even think that they could beat us.

I like the way that we are jumping on teams. The ball movement is beautiful to watch. I attribute this to Fisher's addition to the team. With him on board, our entire starting 5 has at least 2 (maybe even 3) years of tri experience - leads to us carving teams up.

They need to follow up with a win tonight though!
minorbravo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Yaaaayyy... I can go to sleep now. Thanks DB.

PS - I am sorry we put so much pressure on you to get these done although, of course, they are greatly appreciated. Like 24 said, nothing else like it on the web... and that's saying a lot.

I stayed up as late as I could, at least I had something to look forward to this morning Great job DB.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject:

edit:DP

Last edited by Mr. EiGhTy-OnE on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject:

i wonder if vanessa flipped when she saw that blonde chasing down Kobe as soon as the game ended?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Great game and I just realized that this is the Memphis thread not New Orleans..

Anyways great game in Memphis. Took care of the Grizz like we are supposed too
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: