BUCKS -at- LAKERS - 1/11 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
froesel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject:

DB you are the best. I read your commentary and it was like I was at the game last nite. Regardless what I do, LG and DB is first on my list after a game.

Many thanks DB.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
jd2k wrote:
Critt just doesn't seem comfortable out there. Everything looks forced from him. With Farmar and Critt on the floor, the offense just looks out of sync.

Yeah, he does not look at all comfortable running the offense. You can tell he's trying, because he's trying to read, but the ball just stops dead when it hits his hands. It's one of the reasons Phil was trotting Sasha out there so frequently when he was healthy. I think Critt will get it eventually and its good that he's getting time.

They did it with Farmar last year, Karl this year. Is there no talk of perhaps sending Critt down to the D-League for some play this year? Maybe when Sasha gets back? Or is it like Bynum last year and the best place for him to learn is with the team on game nights on the bench?

They must really like this kid if they are throwing him out to the wolves like this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
Exick wrote:
jd2k wrote:
Critt just doesn't seem comfortable out there. Everything looks forced from him. With Farmar and Critt on the floor, the offense just looks out of sync.

Yeah, he does not look at all comfortable running the offense. You can tell he's trying, because he's trying to read, but the ball just stops dead when it hits his hands. It's one of the reasons Phil was trotting Sasha out there so frequently when he was healthy. I think Critt will get it eventually and its good that he's getting time.

They did it with Farmar last year, Karl this year. Is there no talk of perhaps sending Critt down to the D-League for some play this year? Maybe when Sasha gets back? Or is it like Bynum last year and the best place for him to learn is with the team on game nights on the bench?

They must really like this kid if they are throwing him out to the wolves like this.

I think I recall Phil mentioning it within the last two weeks that there is the possibility. I really hope they send him there over the long road stretch coming up. There is a few problems with Critt: as noted when drafted he needs some develoment time before running an nba team, also I think another part of the problem is that he is playing the off guard mostly when he is in. It just doesn't look natural for him. He likes to bring the ball up and create or set up the offense, having the ball in his hands is part of his game. Third he just looks like he has the rookie jitters out there, IMO Phil is testing him on shot selection, turnovers, defensive reads, etc. It's all a process and hopefully Critt processes the info and learns what he needs to do to take his game to another level.

I'd like to see him play pg for the d-league team over the long road stretch. He needs minutes, and that is the best place for them right now. That way he gets alot of time playing but will only be gone from the team for one stretch.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject:

Mation wrote:
Thanks DB.

Can see why a lot of people liked Mo Williams during the off-season. Wasn't too impressed with Yi though.

Come on Vlad, Sasha and Mihm, get healthy.

Whew - I was. He's long, quick, fluid (and possessed of a few nice moves that he displayed with surprising agility.) I think he has a terrific upside and is a unique and interesting player.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject:

Good work DB.

I suspected D-Fish was due for cold shooting hand. I'm glad Phil let Farmar finish the game. That's called, "knowing when to hold them," and knowing when to fold them."

Kobe had a great game, maybe we should hope he gets sick during the playoffs. I liked how he played in the second half, he mixed it up well.

I thought it was funny after Kwame made a brilliant move to the basket and missed when Stu said: "that was a million dollar move and a nickel finish." I like seeing Kwame loose, but man, when your that close to the basket with that much time, and your name is Kwame Brown, you've got slam it! If we really want to get to the next level we've got to be mentally tougher around the rim, too many missed layups.

We've got two starters each with the same two bad habits: Luke Walton and LO. Both of these guys have confidence issues with their outside shooting, and each of them consistently have moments where they'll pass up an open jumper, dribble into traffic and either commit a charge, turn the ball over, or get a shot blocked or pass to someone who isn't open. Somebody on the coaching staff needs to pound this point home to them. Maybe Phil should pin a note on their jersey's during practice, to remind them. They need to demonstrate they can learn from their mistakes. If their shot is really that suspect then they should get their lazy butts in the gym and work on it until it's automatic.

Kwame use to be our best help defender, but now it's AB by a landslide. He uses his freakishly long arms well.

Crittenton is trying too hard. The first thing he needs to do is to stop worrying about whether he gets any minutes or not. Take that pressure away and that will be one giant step forward in his development.

I was looking forward to payback this game, I wanted AB to pay back Andrew Bogut for the last game. I could of never imagined he would have come back this strong, this fast.

If Luke and LO ever learn how to break that bad habit they have, and if we get tougher around the rim, that will improve our defense as those mistakes by them generally lead to easy fast break points for the opposition. Breaking those bad habits and getting competent with the jumper will move us up another notch toward elite status, IMO.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB. who needs a big 3 when you have a 1-2 punch? especially one that can survive poor shooting nights from Lamar and Fish?

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject:

I actually was pleased with what LO was doing, for the most part. His shot wasn't falling (okay, his layup wasn't falling) but he was cleaning up on the glass and got some nice put backs and hustle plays.

Farmar cannot be shooting 65% at the FT line. If he is a gym rat then he needs to live at the line until he cleans that up.

Bynum was a monster. Take a look at the Bucks game threads and see how they compare their #1 pick in that draft to our 20 year old. Last night a poster there wondered if the Bucks had put as much patience, coaching, mentoring, and instruction into Bogut as we put into Bynum these past years if they would have seen the huge leap that we have. My guess is no. Whoever saw the potential in this kid to be what he is promising today needs to be appreciated for his eye for talent. I know Jim Buss was one of them but certainly others on the Lakers staff agreed to put the resources toward his development.

Was anyone else getting annoyed with Van Gundy implying that Kobe wasn't sick? Kobe's eyes looked crummy and he was sweating up a storm very early in the game. To be a commentator you should at least try to hide your disdain. Between him and the game thread on these boards it was hard to enjoy the game. Finally went back to Stu and Joel, who enjoyed what they watched.

Can someone make a sticky of Ariza's "spark of the game" moments? I swear he is providing something to talk about everytime he plays. LOVE that trade!
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject:

froesel wrote:
DB you are the best. I read your commentary and it was like I was at the game last nite. Regardless what I do, LG and DB is first on my list after a game.

Many thanks DB.
Me too man!!! props to DB!!!!!!
WSU WILLIE
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Thanks DB

Living here in Ohio, it's tough to see the Lakers live...but your recaps are GREAT!

Just wanted to say THANKS!

30 posts in nearly 6 years and 2 of them today...oh well.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject:

why does john ireland and patrick oneil love interviewing L.O. before/after the game? am I the only one that feels uncomfortable watching those interviews? he sways back and forth, never looks at the camera or the reporter and just spews a bunch of cliches. he always seems like a guy on edge when being interviewed. Columbine L.O.
toogyc
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject:

db - i've been reading lg.net for a long time now and thanks on all your post game analysis.

this performance by bynum gives laker fans something to be more excited about his game. he mixed up his arsenal. the spin move was very shaqqy. it looks like he elevated his game a bit more.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject:

Thanks, toogyc (post more!). Sure looks like he's elevated his game. One of the more impressive things to me of late has been his working for low position. He seems to be coming weak to strong a little more and he's planting himself in front of the rim and making himself a target for the ball. Even the repost the other night where he fought for position after kicking it back out. He may have off and on games sometimes, but all of that stuff will give him more and better opportunities...and there is no reason for it disappear.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject:

DB, it is too early to tell, but what do you think, based on what you have seen, Bynum needs to work on this off-season? Strength? Endurance? Skyhook? Of course those can always be improved, but is there any one facet of his game you think he really needs to concentrate on? If Mike wants to chime in as well, by all means please do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Continue to work on more power and more consistency to his finesse game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: