LAKERS -at- SONICS - 1/14 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Prometheus8 wrote:
Word. If Kobe had taken half as many shots we would have lost by 10 points. Almost nobody else (only Farmar) was stepping up offensively.

Except for the a minute stretch when Kobe didn't shoot after coming back in in the fourth, he took over 54% of our shot attempts. Well over half. We were outscored by 10 points during those stretches.... In the rest of the game we outscored our opponents by 12, and Kobe didn't take a single shot (and wasn't on the court for all but two minutes and some change of it).

Noone doubts Kobe's willpower in a game like this, he was bringing it on both ends of the court. But he didn't play smart basketball, and he certainly didn't play team basketball. He needs his teammates, and to get the most of out them, he needs to let them have a slice of the pie.
During the ascribed stretch DFish, Odom, Walton and Kwame were non existent. The young horses and Kobe pulled the game out. You have non existent veterans and young bucks. I ask you, put yourself in Kobe's place and answer honestly, what would you have done?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LongtimeLakerLover
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Prometheus8 wrote:
Word. If Kobe had taken half as many shots we would have lost by 10 points. Almost nobody else (only Farmar) was stepping up offensively.

Except for the a minute stretch when Kobe didn't shoot after coming back in in the fourth, he took over 54% of our shot attempts. Well over half. We were outscored by 10 points during those stretches.... In the rest of the game we outscored our opponents by 12, and Kobe didn't take a single shot (and wasn't on the court for all but two minutes and some change of it).

Noone doubts Kobe's willpower in a game like this, he was bringing it on both ends of the court. But he didn't play smart basketball, and he certainly didn't play team basketball. He needs his teammates, and to get the most of out them, he needs to let them have a slice of the pie.

Kobe said after the game that he tried to read his team's state of mind and they seemed deflated after hearing the news about Bynum, not to mention they were playing a back-to-back game on the road after traveling the width of the country (LAX to SEA). He felt he HAD to take over the game for us to have any chance at winning. He gave up the ball twice to start OT and Luke missed both (open) shots. Kobe had to go against his inclination to play team ball last night, and I for one, am glad he did.

Hear, hear.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Two disagreements here.... First I thought that although Kobe shot well, he shot way too often. I mean 44 shots, noone else ever had an opportunity to get involved. Then late in the game they start doubling and tripling Kobe and you have these guys who have barely touched the ball all game being expected to make big plays. We got the win tonight, but I can't see us winning more than 50% of our games while Bynum is out if Kobe doesn't share the rock.

Odom was pretty god awful offensively, but he did have 14 rebounds and 7 assists, and got two aggressive rebounds late in the game when the game was in the balance. One where he kept an offensive rebound alive and we maintained possession out of bounds, and another where he wrestled away a tough rebound. Definitely not his best game, certainly not on the offensive end, but thought it should be noted.

I don't see any disagreements. I said we had to have Odom in there for rebounding and that we can't live with Kobe taking all those shots.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Plucked this off the other site. Thanks Punk-101

Quote:
1st quarter
Odom Jump Shot: Missed 11:28
Odom Tip Shot: Missed 11:24
Odom Tip Shot: Made (2 PTS) 11:21
Odom Layup Shot: Missed 5:12
Odom Jump Shot: Made (4 PTS)
Odom Layup Shot: Made (6 PTS) 2:40
2nd Quater
Odom 3pt Shot: Missed
3rd quarter
Odom Layup Shot: Missed Block: Thomas (3 BLK) 7:09
Odom Layup Shot: Missed 6:14

4th quarter
Odom Layup Shot: Missed 10:40
Odom Layup Shot: Missed 8:54

Odom Jump Shot: Missed 5:24
Odom 3pt Shot: Missed 4:37
Odom Jump Shot: Missed Block: Collison (2 BLK) 3:22
OT
Odom 3pt Shot: Missed 0:46

5 blown Layups. FIVE!!!!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject:

CorkyTomjanovich wrote:
Wally was an all star at one time. He can get it going. I don't think Ariza or anyone would have made a difference on most of those shots.

Any idea why Fisher on back-to-back nights has overplayed a quick pg 40+ feet away from the basket? Both at crucial times. He was burned big time, giving each guard a clear path into the paint. Did I mention at a crucial time in the game?

I was just reading John Hollinger's chat from today and he pointed out that Wally and Ray Allen (who were basically traded for one another) both have the same PER this season. Kinda ironic, huh?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Plucked this off the other site. Thanks Punk-101

Quote:
1st quarter
Odom Jump Shot: Missed 11:28
Odom Tip Shot: Missed 11:24
Odom Tip Shot: Made (2 PTS) 11:21
Odom Layup Shot: Missed 5:12
Odom Jump Shot: Made (4 PTS)
Odom Layup Shot: Made (6 PTS) 2:40
2nd Quater
Odom 3pt Shot: Missed
3rd quarter
Odom Layup Shot: Missed Block: Thomas (3 BLK) 7:09
Odom Layup Shot: Missed 6:14

4th quarter
Odom Layup Shot: Missed 10:40
Odom Layup Shot: Missed 8:54

Odom Jump Shot: Missed 5:24
Odom 3pt Shot: Missed 4:37
Odom Jump Shot: Missed Block: Collison (2 BLK) 3:22
OT
Odom 3pt Shot: Missed 0:46

5 blown Layups. FIVE!!!!

It was Kobe's fault. If he had just given Lamar more touches then Lamar's rhythm would have been better and he would have made them.

A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Two disagreements here.... First I thought that although Kobe shot well, he shot way too often. I mean 44 shots, noone else ever had an opportunity to get involved. Then late in the game they start doubling and tripling Kobe and you have these guys who have barely touched the ball all game being expected to make big plays. We got the win tonight, but I can't see us winning more than 50% of our games while Bynum is out if Kobe doesn't share the rock.

Odom was pretty god awful offensively, but he did have 14 rebounds and 7 assists, and got two aggressive rebounds late in the game when the game was in the balance. One where he kept an offensive rebound alive and we maintained possession out of bounds, and another where he wrestled away a tough rebound. Definitely not his best game, certainly not on the offensive end, but thought it should be noted.
I don't see any disagreements. I said we had to have Odom in there for rebounding and that we can't live with Kobe taking all those shots.
One would have thought that LO would have more points just on garbage points/put-backs/offensive boards/etc.?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: