CAVS -at- LAKERS - 1/28 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject:

LS - Kobe seems more MJ-like to me lately in picking his spots. Is that a bad thing? Is that regressing? I don't think so. He's playing the game differently than last year and trusts guys more. (Maybe not Luke anymore, heh, but in general). If we need him to go on a spree of 40- and 50-point games, I don't see any reason he can't. I still see the greatest scorer currently in the game out there. His skills are still there. He won't always come up big in crunch time, but it was only a few games back against Seattle where he carried us.

And, dang, the refs call a foul on that steal we had where he was trying to score, we might be talking about a W right now with Kobe hitting both.

IF Bynum didn't go down, I think we take a good chunk of these last L's and Kobe has even more MVP talk than he does now. We were really getting to the next level of Bynum's game the last two games before he went down. It's a damn shame. Somehow, we've got to keep it together...but all these injuries expose player's flaws even more. Going to be very tough to do.
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject:

DB, any clue whats going on with LO? everyone expected him to step up when Bynum went down hes been a huge disappointment. it seems like he has no pride to give us what we need. so much talent yet so much wasted.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
LS - Kobe seems more MJ-like to me lately in picking his spots. Is that a bad thing? Is that regressing? I don't think so. He's playing the game differently than last year and trusts guys more. (Maybe not Luke anymore, heh, but in general). If we need him to go on a spree of 40- and 50-point games, I don't see any reason he can't. I still see the greatest scorer currently in the game out there. His skills are still there. He won't always come up big in crunch time, but it was only a few games back against Seattle where he carried us.

And, dang, the refs call a foul on that steal we had where he was trying to score, we might be talking about a W right now with Kobe hitting both.

IF Bynum didn't go down, I think we take a good chunk of these last L's and Kobe has even more MVP talk than he does now. We were really getting to the next level of Bynum's game the last two games before he went down. It's a damn shame. Somehow, we've got to keep it together...but all these injuries expose player's flaws even more. Going to be very tough to do.

I don't think Kobe is regressing. But people have to understand that when Kobe goes into vortex mode, he locks and loads pretty early. He is having to work overtime to get these guys going. And for all his work, you look at the lines of the other players, they really didn't do much. I think if Kobe locks and loads early, they win that game.

Yesterday's game, he neutered himself. 25 shots for Bron after 3 quarters as opposed to Kobe's 14. He's trying to play the game the so-called 'right way,' but it's costing us because the so-called 'wrong way' is what we need to win games right now.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject:

It's strange that Phil's last shot call seemed hardly to work out well. Most of the game winners made by Kobe came when no timeouts were called.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

Refs were horrible throughout. I saw more 3 second violations, travels, no-calls, so many "unforced" turnovers, than I've seen in a lot of Laker games. But that's the trend when playing the Spurs and Cavaliers as of late. Obviously we lost because of mental mistakes.
maddprophet
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject:

soon enough, these guys will have to look eachother in the face 24/7 for 2 weeks. before, during, and after games it's gonna be just them.

hopefully, this time will help this current group come together and figure out a way to get back on track.

i'm really hoping this road trip brings some chemistry and cohesiveness to this team. they can't go home and pout after a loss, they gotta look eachother in the eye, and figure out a way.

maybe phil will give lamar and luke the wizard of oz to read. lamar has gotta get some heart and a brain, and luke could really use some courage and heart as well. somethings gotta give.

hoping vlad and mihm can help stem the tide, we need some kinda infusion of life. lets hope they bring it.

AND LET SASHA RUN DAMMITT!! we need him getting more minutes right now.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject:

Kobe should just go vortex already...just go (bleep) nuclear already. Shoot shoot shoot...why don't you?

stop trying to be an alchemist, Odom/Walton are copper, they won't turn to gold magically.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

I don't think Kobe is regressing. But people have to understand that when Kobe goes into vortex mode, he locks and loads pretty early. He is having to work overtime to get these guys going. And for all his work, you look at the lines of the other players, they really didn't do much. I think if Kobe locks and loads early, they win that game.

Yesterday's game, he neutered himself. 25 shots for Bron after 3 quarters as opposed to Kobe's 14. He's trying to play the game the so-called 'right way,' but it's costing us because the so-called 'wrong way' is what we need to win games right now.

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

I never doubted he was intentionally picking his spots more... but I also thought he might have a little more motivation to do so given that it was becoming harder and harder for him to tap into his talent and just take over a game. Although he did do well in that Seattle game overtime, he didn't do so well in the 4th of that game or a few other 4th quarters this year. He used to lead the league in scoring in the 4th, now he leads the league in scoring in the 1st I believe.

However, you did answer my question... I wanted to bounce it off you as sort of a reality check. Maybe my fears are for naught. Make no mistake though, I don't want to see Kobe taking over games because team ball is the way to go... but I do want him to have that ability he has always had to switch into another gear in the 4th to win us a close game. Often having that one player in the playoffs who is capable of that is the difference.

We all miss Bynum... particularly on defense and on the boards.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
but all these injuries expose player's flaws even more. Going to be very tough to do.
Accurate Assessment!

Starting players now receiving LO's passes are now Kwame (OMG?!?!) and Luke (who doesn't shoot). Now we know why the frontcourt never scores very much. If Luke/LO are team players, they must realize that not shooting the ball closes many of the available passing lanes (translation: turnovers).
Heir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject:

http://www.kb24.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=19023&p=1
We are earth people on a spiritual journey to the stars. Our quest, our earth walk, is to look within, to know who we are, to see that we are connected to all things, that there is no separation, only in the mind.
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject:

It seems like it's been a while since we last won a game. Hope we can get the next one.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: