KNICKS -at- LAKERS -- 1/29 -- Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Beat Up, But Not Beat Down...

This should be our slogan till March
BigEvil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject:

So does this mean that Renaldo Balkman is a member of the "You've Been Sasha-tized" club now?

Another game, another violent act from the guy he's guarding. Another enemy for life.

Sasha's gonna' have more people gunning for him than a Soprano by the time his career's over.
Alpha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Mr. EiGhTy-OnE wrote:
-great effort from turiaf, can we give the dancing banana emoticon a
turiaf hair-do?

ronny ain't no banana...
Orestes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Alpha wrote:
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE wrote:
-great effort from turiaf, can we give the dancing banana emoticon a
turiaf hair-do?

ronny ain't no banana...

Think we'd need a dancing pirate emoticon, cause that's what Ronny reminds me of
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject:

I always respect Sasha because i knew he worked he put 100% effort. Now i like him because he is producing.

Perfect music.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
Spot on recap, DB.

I actually enjoy watching Sasha play this year whereas in years past, I used to cringe because he was unable to come through regularly.

As another poster noted, you can tell Sashsa loves to play the game.

SGH

True. You can also tell that the added strength has been a good factor for him, and his improved handles and willingness to attack the paint, has opened up his game. I actually expect every shot he takes to drop and am surprised when he misses.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Mr. EiGhTy-OnE wrote:
^once mihm comes back, id rather sign ruben patterson for the rest of the year.

Not me. Mihm will probably play 3 games, have soreness and swelling, and miss another month. The fact is that we cannot count on him period and anything we do get from him, is icing on the cake.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Only in an emergency... Your perimeter D would have to be extremely strong to not give up penetration. Lamar can't anchor. And the other team would have to have someone inept in the post.
Upon reconideration, agree with your assessment. Maybe this will work only against teams like Suns - even with Amare (really a PF) playing center, Warriors (w/Nellie's "Small Ball" lineup) and/or when teams are playing small.

Considering how short-handed we are, could a LO/Vlad/Kobe/Sasha/Farmar force teams to play small?
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE wrote:

Not me. Mihm will probably play 3 games, have soreness and swelling, and miss another month. The fact is that we cannot count on him period and anything we do get from him, is icing on the cake.

is DJ contributing though? why not sign a guy that plays great perimeter D? could you imagine the defense with Kobe, Ariza, Patterson on the floor at once?especially once bynum returns to guard the paint. Im pretty sure Mihm can be as effective as dj has been (which isnt saying much) a big body with six fouls.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Having Sasha out there on the perimeter instead of Luke really opened things up for Lamar inside.

Because Luke is so ineffective from the perimeter, he has to stay free-throw line and below and this pushes LO out to the arc, where he has struggled.

But using Fish/Farmar, Kobe, and Sasha - all capable 3 point shooters - allowed Lamar to set up shop in his comfort zone last night.

It will be interesting to see how that continues to play out if Luke is out for any significant amount of time.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
Having Sasha out there on the perimeter instead of Luke really opened things up for Lamar inside.
What might help even more if they would continue using Kwame on the high post for P&Rs while providing space for LO on the low block.
yanyon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject:

glad to see the lakers winning the game last nite. although they still lack the rebounding presence we desparately need. still a good game from everyone.

NOTE: ruben patterson isnt the answer to this short handed lakers squad. what we need is a defensive presence in the paint like a center/power forward who can rebound and box out and block. mihm is still recovering from the injuries that has plauged him the last couple of seasons. mr. ruben (aka: the kobe stopper) patterson isnt what the lakers need. besides, he will want more money rather than a 10 day contract.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

Considering how short-handed we are, could a LO/Vlad/Kobe/Sasha/Farmar force teams to play small?

Would LO be taking advantage of his speed to the point that a team might match up? I don't know. He doesn't seem to consistently take advantage of the areas he has mismatches. You might get some teams since the league is weak in general in the big man dept., but I don't think we could live by it for any stretch. To me, the effective small ball teams have guys who can play bigger defensively and someone who can swat shots and board. I don't see us getting that same thing.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Mr. EiGhTy-OnE wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE wrote:

is DJ contributing though? why not sign a guy that plays great perimeter D? could you imagine the defense with Kobe, Ariza, Patterson on the floor at once?especially once bynum returns to guard the paint. Im pretty sure Mihm can be as effective as dj has been (which isnt saying much) a big body with six fouls.

I feel you man, but you have to remember Phil really doesn't play perimeter players he feels don't have the offensive system down well enough not to mess things up. The only acquisition we've had after training camp since Phil got here that has played is Ariza. Why? He is a slasher and cutter and the system comes natural to him.

On the flip side the easiest part of the system to learn is the C position and that's why DJ could come in and play so fast. What's the use of getting someone Phil won't use?

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: