JAZZ -at- LAKERS - 5/4 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KBryantisclutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject:

lakefan24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
Did anyone read this quote from Fisher?

Derek Fisher wrote:
"I think probably what confused him was how old I am," the 33-year-old Fisher said, laughing. "When he fakes, I don't go for it because I can't react that fast so I end up stealing it from him."

ESPN

hilarious
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject:

IamaLaker wrote:

did you mean to write "we'll win most games if we can get that from him."

Thanks. Fixed.

Quote:

also, can you PLEASE force flo'z out of retirement? can't you just tell'em that you'll sic the machine, with his "jumpers of death" on him or that you'll ban him if he doesn't comply and do more lakers music NOW, like a round 2 game 1 recap??

Flo'z has to make sure he keeps that passion and it doesn't become a burden. I'm sure he doesn't want to feel the burnout by pushing himself too much. But when the need strikes him, he'll bring some more of that A game of his. You can't contain that purple and gold blood flowing through his veins.

Last edited by DancingBarry on Sun May 04, 2008 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject:

thank god the lakers pulled this one out. you're generally in big, big trouble when you give up 25 offensive rebounds to the opposing team. great win, and my voice is going to be hoarse tomorrow.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

What adjustments do you think that the Jazz will do to address the Lakers' strategy of having DFish go over the top of screens with another Laker giving help. Could Sloan put another shooter to limit the effectiveness - if so, what lineup would it be?

Not sure. You can always set up a sequence that will dare us to leave a shooter. But I think our mobility with our bigmen can recover pretty well if we double and recover. You might see him go to more of that two-man game with Okur and maybe at the wing more. Run some pick and pop to see if they can bleed us more that way. Have Boozer cause some trouble by getting mismatches off the passing out of that if we send help. They've also got to consider how they are going to defend us with whatever lineup they go with.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
What adjustments do you think that the Jazz will do to address the Lakers' strategy of having DFish go over the top of screens with another Laker giving help. Could Sloan put another shooter to limit the effectiveness - if so, what lineup would it be?
Not sure. You can always set up a sequence that will dare us to leave a shooter. But I think our mobility with our bigmen can recover pretty well if we double and recover. You might see him go to more of that two-man game with Okur and maybe at the wing more. Run some pick and pop to see if they can bleed us more that way. Have Boozer cause some trouble by getting mismatches off the passing out of that if we send help. They've also got to consider how they are going to defend us with whatever lineup they go with.
I think our length and mobility will eliminate those alternatives since our "bigs" are - as you have stated - are real mobile. Maybe they will have DWill post-up (instead of driving the paint) DFish or Farmar since he is more physical than they are - ala Mark Jackson. Of course, that will mean that DWill have to work that much harder.

Hmmm
AprilRyan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject:

hi!

the game wasn't shown in our local channels. does anyone know of any site where the game might be downloaded? would appreciate any heads up.

thanks.
genester
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject:

I just signed up, but I've been reading the forums for a while now, and always stay up late to get a glimpse of your thoughts. Your game analysis is unparalleled with anything else out there. I love the way you break down games and explain what happened from a strategic point of view, as most of it goes over my head. Thanks so much for the great work, keep it up!
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject:

You could tell a HUGE difference between playing the Nuggets and the Jazz.

I mean even though we swept the Denver they put up a somewhat fight. All offensively.

Utah actuall plays some defense and they are definetly a brusier type.

HOW MANY SHOVES IS CARLOS BOOZER GOING TO GET AWAY WITH

Other than that we played great. Hopefully players such as Luke,Jordan, and ROnny could have their breakout games on Wednesday.

Great WIN!!!!!!!

GO LAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Prometheus8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Mation wrote:
I don't understand why they have that Korver stat. Where once he was traded their win percentage was really good. Throughout the game, he is such a huge liability on defense. He helped the Lakers out a lot and I hope Sloan plays him even more. Give Sasha more minutes any day!
He is a key to their success that stretches out opposing teams' defense. The Lakers do have to attack him more on offense to take him out of the game cuz the Jazz don't have many long-range and dependable shooters. If he was playing for the Hawks, they might have beaten the Celtics!

I'm sure Korver helps offensively, but I think his impact has been over-rated. Jazz had a very tough schedule before the trade. Before the trade on Dec. 29 Utah had played 18 road games and only 12 home games.

82games.com shows Korver as a very slight plus overall for the Jazz (+0.4). By comparison, Sasha was a +0.6 for us (and on the upswing I think)

"...one of the most valuable players in the league…"– Phil Jackson about Ron Artest in 2005
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB as always!

Great opportunity for the Jazz to literally steal game 1. Too bad for them they will not have an opportunity like that again. When we were up 19, I guess the refs received a text message from ABC telling them the ratings were going down because low and behold they made a "come back." We didn't even play our "A" game and were outrebounded by 17 and still won by double digits.

It's too easy to vote for Kobe so my game ball goes to The Machine. He needed only 17 minutes for a career high 15 points. He was fearless, assertive and very accurate. The plus or minus for adding Korver to his personal fan club is one more game.

Seemingly unnoticed by BSPN is that we are 5-0 v. two count 'em: TWO 50-win teams during these playoffs. That's cool though. Keep giving Boston the pub just the way you gave it to the Patriots.

Go Lakers!
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject:

Nice win. Glad we won even if we were severely outrebounded. Hope we can keep them off the glass on the 2nd game.
KobeJaws
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject:

Good write up as usual DB.

Can't be to picky because we won. But obviously we need to do a better job on the defensive glass if we want to play into June. Getting rebounds is just a matter of effort, our guys can't let Utah out work them.
mefor3
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject:

GO LAKERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

my first post ever!!!
Alpha

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject:

^welcome to LG

thanks DB!
Futuristic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject:

AprilRyan wrote:
hi!

the game wasn't shown in our local channels. does anyone know of any site where the game might be downloaded? would appreciate any heads up.

thanks.

Amen to that. I second the motion. Anybody?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mefor3
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
Did anyone read this quote from Fisher?

Derek Fisher wrote:
"I think probably what confused him was how old I am," the 33-year-old Fisher said, laughing. "When he fakes, I don't go for it because I can't react that fast so I end up stealing it from him."

ESPN

top 10 funny nba quotes of the year
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: