LAKERS -vs- BOBCATS - 10/21 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject:

I think Jordan, based on what he's shown up to now in his career, is probably the third toughest laker -- mentally speaking -- on the squad, trailing only Kobe and Fish. I think Bynum is well on his way to eventually at least equalling Farmar, as he in only behind him by a bit. Of course, this is all subjective. But it just seems that Kobe and Jordan both have that "assassin" mentality and are not afraid to confront, push through, and even dominate the opposition. Pau shoed that kind of toughness in the Olympics, bnut is more reserved in the NBA,. Hopefully, this season he comes to play with more aggression on a consistent basis.

Many of the problems this team has had in recent years is a surplus of "nice guys" (e.g., LO' Luke" Mihm) and not nearly enough guys like Kobe. Basketball is about talent, but with the wrong attitude even great talent is wasted. If the finals showed asnything, it's that (crooked refs notwithstanding), fortune favors the aggressor out on the floor -- on both ends of the court.

Every team needs a balance of personalities. If all the guys were Type A Alpha Dogs you'd have a lot of lockerroom joeckeying for dominance (a la SHaq-Kobe). Seems to me you need a fairly stable pecking order with a good blend of type-A Alphas and nice guy betas to keep things in balance.

I think tghis team finally has some balance with aggressive players like Kobe, Fish, Jordan, Andrew and, to some extent, Pau (when he's focused).

I think Trevor is aggressive as well.

SGH
lakefan24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject:

It's so good to see Farmar play good. I won't be concerned about the point guard position after Fisher leaves the game.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Loved your comments on Farmar DB... he may very well becoming part of our "Big 5." I am nearly as excited about Farmar this season as I was about Bynum last pre-season before the year. Ariza and Farmar off the bench are going to kill people, especially other 2nd units.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Loved your comments on Farmar DB... he may very well becoming part of our "Big 5." I am nearly as excited about Farmar this season as I was about Bynum last pre-season before the year. Ariza and Farmar off the bench are going to kill people, especially other 2nd units.

Actually, Farmer, Ariza and Sasha are going to kill people. We have yet to see those three work together and in my mind, with Farmer and Ariza slashing to the rim, Sasha is going to get a TON of open looks. If his 3 pointer is hitting, the 2nd squad is going to destroy teams. I definately would keep Farmer and Ariza together on the second team, even if it means they don't start. Odom may very well be in the mix at PF which means we would have Mihm-Odom-Ariza-Sasha-Farmer as our backups.

That lineup will do a ton of damage and is very good defensively. So teams will have to pick thier poisons of either playing thier starters much longer in games or face having thier depth destroyed. Either way it is a win situation because by the 4th Quarter we should have all our starters nice and fresh and the opponents will have to hope they have a lead by that time or they will definately fall apart.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: