LAKERS -at- CLIPPERS - 1/21 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Bynum is ranked 12th in blocks per game (1.7) and 12th in field goal percentage (.528)

DanicngBarry wrote:
He scored 42 points on 17-24 shooting (8-11 from the line) to go with 15 boards

OK, so Bynum had a good game, but I am going to criticize that Bynum is still not getting enough rebounds. 15 rebounds is good...against the Spurs or Magic. But for a team like the Clippers, he should be getting 20-25 easily.

And I'm going to criticize YOUR inability to assimilate all of the facts surrounding his work this year.

7 month rest from injury. NOT ASSIMILATED.
1-1/2 months to regain all that he lost before TC. NOT ASSIMILATED
Bynum's positions on the court being according to plan, but as a consequence often places him out of position. NOT ASSIMILATED
Players inability to rotate to his guy when he helps others. NOT ASSIMILATED

What part of considering all the facts do you not understand?
mefor3
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Bynumaniac!!!

love the fact that even though a lot of players were missing shots, Kobe was still feeding them the ball...that was rewarded with a huge game by Bynumaniac and Lamar. Couple of years ago Kobe would've said ..."ok team sucks tonight i gotta keep shooting and score at least 60 to win"

Was Stu kidding about the story with Shaq and the Clipper tickets? don't remember that game...
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject:

I'm glad the Lakers won, but it was totally expected. They didn't take the business-like precision approach and totally wipe the floor with the wreck-league team, perfect their defensive lapses or get Kobe some 4th Q rest. Instead, they treated the game like a whimsical track meet.

Bynum's career night is a reminder of what he is capable of doing. But I gotta say, doing it against an undermanned, undersized group like the Clips, makes me yawn. To see that he also gave up a career night to a 2nd rounder, makes me yawn even more because it's more of a negative than a positive.

Why did Kobe play 40 minutes when there's another game tonight? I understand they weren't hard minutes, but really, is it necessary against the Clips?

LO was active. Pau shut it down. Ariza no impact. The Machine sputtered.
Arizona
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
LO and Novak jawing back and forth pissed LO off and made him be aggressive.

The one thing I have liked about LO coming off the bench is that for half of his minutes (around 12-14 of his 26 average) he gets to match up with 2nd unit players.

This is the whole point of having a 6th man of the quality of LO. You get to exploit that matchup.

Lamar atleast IMO this year, when he has recognized that mismatch, has gone right at them.

What I think Lamar does is he surveys who is on him. If he sees a scrub that can't defend a chair, Lamar will attack. If he sees a guy that can match up with him and defend, he tries to play more passively and get the ball to other scorers.

This is in part the shift in LO from aggressive to passive this year. I don't think its about his feelings or attitude that night. Been noticing its more about match up. They put a nobody on him, he wants to make them pay. Otherwise, prefers to run the Triangle/offense to get the stronger options going.
Solid take, I agree. I just enjoyed the little back and forth, it added to the game.

“You’ve got to play with pride and guts.” -LO
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Bynumaniac!!!

mefor3 wrote:

Was Stu kidding about the story with Shaq and the Clipper tickets? don't remember that game...

No, I believe that is true. It was Shaq's birthday. He couldn't get all the tickets he wanted. The Lakers spend most of the game setting him up for his career high.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Some cranky folks in this thread today.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
PS - Your epitaph reminded me of a scene in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

Agreed. I was thinking the same thing (scene with the Inferi).

And, great job as always, DB.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Rick12322 wrote:
encina1 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Bynum is ranked 12th in blocks per game (1.7) and 12th in field goal percentage (.528)

DanicngBarry wrote:
He scored 42 points on 17-24 shooting (8-11 from the line) to go with 15 boards

OK, so Bynum had a good game, but I am going to criticize that Bynum is still not getting enough rebounds. 15 rebounds is good...against the Spurs or Magic. But for a team like the Clippers, he should be getting 20-25 easily.

And I'm going to criticize YOUR inability to assimilate all of the facts surrounding his work this year.

7 month rest from injury. NOT ASSIMILATED.
1-1/2 months to regain all that he lost before TC. NOT ASSIMILATED
Bynum's positions on the court being according to plan, but as a consequence often places him out of position. NOT ASSIMILATED
Players inability to rotate to his guy when he helps others. NOT ASSIMILATED

What part of considering all the facts do you not understand?

Interesting. Have I insulted you personally somehow?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Some cranky folks in this thread today.

Seriously.

Brought this up last night, too.

For a game as exciting as this, I can't understand the reactions. Its not like we saw anything worse than what has gone on all season. Lakers play great offense, defense for about 8 minutes, and blow open the lead. Then they lose some focus and allow the opponents back in it. Drop daggers late. Game over.

Been our MO all year. Only with Bynum's game, I thought there'd be more excitement. I wasn't happy with our D, but haven't been almost all year. Last night IMO was one of the more exciting games because we got the big baby finally going again. Haven't seen him have a game like that since last year's against Milwaukee.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Bas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB!!!
"Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved, for the exact same reasons." - Kobe Bryant
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: