***LAKERS -vs- SUNS 5/27 Game 5 Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 154, 155, 156

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: Pau's 4th Q

Cedceb wrote:
Haven't heard much on thoughts on Pau's last few minutes of Game 5.

Nash toying with him in isolation.

Missed dunk (no idea if he was hacked or not).

Ran at JRich on his initial 3 attempt, then failed to get back to him on the rebound kick out.....that shot was on Pau.

Getting molested by Channing Frye under the bucket on the GW shot.

Quietly, he was involved in a lot of plays which could/did effect the outcome of the Game. I'd love to see a 30 / 18 game from him tonite...I'm hoping tonite will be like Game 6's vs Denver/Utah last yr , not Houston last yr or Portland back in 1999-2000 where we just lay down and quit.

Oh, he was hacked. He's been getting hacked all series.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject:

Quote:

The Laker's switched on the PnR instead of recovering back to their man after the show. That left either Pau or Bynum on Nash, who because of his quickness was able to shoot over the top. This defense made it much easier to contain Amare, but gave up good looks to Nash.

I think with a little more effort the bigs can have a better impact on Nash after that switch. I know a healthy Bynum earlier this year definitely did, if he can just put a little more pressure on that sore knee he'll be able to send that shot back air mail special.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Pau's 4th Q

Cedceb wrote:
Haven't heard much on thoughts on Pau's last few minutes of Game 5.

Missed dunk (no idea if he was hacked or not).

Ran at JRich on his initial 3 attempt, then failed to get back to him on the rebound kick out.....that shot was on Pau.

Getting molested by Channing Frye under the bucket on the GW shot.

Quietly, he was involved in a lot of plays which could/did effect the outcome of the Game. I'd love to see a 30 / 18 game from him tonite...I'm hoping tonite will be like Game 6's vs Denver/Utah last yr , not Houston last yr or Portland back in 1999-2000 where we just lay down and quit.

Usually, a big man find it's hard to cover a guard (especially a guard that is great pure shooter and passer like Nash). Nash traveled a lot when Gasol guarded him. And I think Phill's game plan is letting Nash shoot more than passing and stop PnR. So it worked like Phill's wish.

On the dunk, Gasol is HAMMERED FOUL by Amare and Frye. Look at the picture: http://gz.static.photo.sina.com.cn/proxy_mop.php?pic_id=632d358bt87a1379fe9c4&type=orignal&v=690. You can tell it is a slapping wrist and push by Amare and whole body banging from Rye.

On the last shoot attempt by Kobe, Frye bear-hug Pau, pull jersey and dragged Gasol. Do you think that the Suns coaching staff don't know anything about Gasol's put-back after Kobe's miss shots? .

Suns' game plan is CLEARLY about taking Gasol out of the context by double and triple him. That is why this series and, maybe, Final, the chip is all in Kobe and Fisher chip. If Odom and Bynum can contribute to help out, then other team must change and, therefore, release Pau and cover the rest of other players.

Last edited by thurloly on Sat May 29, 2010 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Chef Green
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject:

I like the switching defense better than what they had been doing. Yes - Nash, hit several key jumpers in Pau's face, but I'd rather have Nash shooting jumpers than Amar'e getting dunks.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Once again, phil not fouling nearly cost the lakers

Wags_16 wrote:
eureca wrote:
Wags_16 wrote:
sportsgod wrote:
Up three with time running out and no foul was committed. After two missed three point shots, Richardson miraculously banks one in and only another miracle, from Artest, saved Phil from an off-season of second guessing.

The right play is to foul in that situation and not give the opponent the chance to tie the game.

How can you give a team three chances to tie a game in the final seconds? You have to foul.

Seriously why was this merged into the game thread a day after the game...once again mods proving to be inept around here...it's an off day! People don't want to weed through a 158 page thread to talk about different aspects of the series on an off day...

Its not different aspects of the series its something pertaining to the end of game 5 and this is the game 5 thread. This wasnt something that really needed its own thread in my opinion.

Only problem is it's an offday people. I know personally I don't look at game threads the day after....

Forums with monitors are not controlled by one or two posters dominating the entity. I'm sometimes irritated by merging and deleting but they create a civil atmosphere. IA about game threads, I don't keep up with them anyway. Anything merged into them tends to get lost. It's just about time for the off season insanity to emerge, monitors have their jobs cut out for them for four months.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ClutchShot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject:

If Pau can put up 30 in a game the Lakers are unbeatable
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Pau's 4th Q

thurloly wrote:

On the dunk, Gasol is HAMMERED FOUL by Amare and Frye. Look at the picture: http://gz.static.photo.sina.com.cn/proxy_mop.php?pic_id=632d358bt87a1379fe9c4&type=orignal&v=690. You can tell it is a slapping wrist and push by Amare and whole body banging from Rye.

It doesn't look like Amare's hand is touching Gasol's wrist to me. It looks like Amare's hand is on top of Gasol's hand when it is contact with the ball -- that makes the hand part of the ball according to the rules. From this photo, it looks like a legal block.

We'd need a video to know if Amare's left hand is pushing Gasol off balance -- that would be a foul. I can't tell from the still shot if the other defender is doing anything. Again, a video might tell us more, but I can't see a foul based on this still photo alone.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Pau's 4th Q

activeverb wrote:
thurloly wrote:

It doesn't look like Amare's hand is touching Gasol's wrist to me. It looks like Amare's hand is on top of Gasol's hand when it is contact with the ball -- that makes the hand part of the ball according to the rules. From this photo, it looks like a legal block.

We'd need a video to know if Amare's left hand is pushing Gasol off balance -- that would be a foul. I can't tell from the still shot if the other defender is doing anything. Again, a video might tell us more, but I can't see a foul based on this still photo alone.

Foul or not, that play is proof why you should always finish with two hands. Pau dunks that with two hands he gets an And-1 and that game is probably over at that point.

!...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 154, 155, 156
Page 156 of 156
Jump to: