******** 2022 NBA Playoffs Thread ********
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 175, 176, 177 ... 297, 298, 299  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

…….

I hate the Celtics forever.

Quote:
You are a person of upstanding character.

BUCK FOSTON!

Co-sign!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 10:13 pm    Post subject:

That CP3 contract ain't looking so hot anymore after Suns got eliminated in the western conference semifinals this year.
mixtim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Just CP3 being CP3

If your born square you don't die round

That said,let's go Heat!!!!!
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 10:36 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
The worst thing that happened to CP3 was not getting to play with Kobe because of “basketball reasons.”

Man that forever changed the outlook on his career. He at least gets one chip with Kobe if it goes through.

Meh not sure. Paul’s choking habits have collapsed several of his talented teams. He always finds a way to lose when he shouldn’t
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 10:42 pm    Post subject:

It was stunning to see how badly the Suns got not just beaten, but humiliated. Down 30pts at the half? Couldn’t have happened to more deserving group of arrogant players.

Credit to the Mavs for earning that win though. Luke and Dinwiddie were dominant. Overall the Mavs just outworked the Suns and hit shots. Going to be a fun series with GS.

Dallas came close to having a spectacular sports day. Stars lost game 7 on the road in overtime. Entertaining game… spectacular goal to win it!

I guess one game 7 out of two isn’t bad.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 10:45 pm    Post subject:

This was similar to last years G6 at staples, Booker and crowder came in hot and made everything, lakers were down 20 after quarter, but even that injury laden lakers team played with more fire than these suns, that was flat out embarrassing
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 10:57 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
This was similar to last years G6 at staples, Booker and crowder came in hot and made everything, lakers were down 20 after quarter, but even that injury laden lakers team played with more fire than these suns, that was flat out embarrassing

Yeah, kind of crazy seeing the home crowd booing there team at Halftime of a Game 7.. That's roughhhh.. They def. deserved it though.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 10:58 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
The worst thing that happened to CP3 was not getting to play with Kobe because of “basketball reasons.”

Man that forever changed the outlook on his career. He at least gets one chip with Kobe if it goes through.

CP3 + Kobe + D12?

CP3's legacy would have been changed forever if he and Kobe got to play together. Add D12 to that and Kobe likely retires with 6 or 7 rings.

Having Kobe and not Harden or Booker, would have changed CP3s Playoff Outcomes.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 11:00 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/GuruLakers/status/1526016867705290752

https://twitter.com/GuruLakers/status/1526086022517231617

This... was what the Suns were doing before running there out to lose by 40.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 12:12 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Meh not sure. Paul’s choking habits have collapsed several of his talented teams. He always finds a way to lose when he shouldn’t

Fisher, Kobe, and Artest is enough to help him win when he wasn’t ready, as well as Bynum, Barnes, Luke, and Blake.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 1:20 am    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

…….

I hate the Celtics forever.

Quote:
You are a person of upstanding character.

BUCK FOSTON!

Co-sign!

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 2:22 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Need a strong leader to get their heads in the game.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 2:54 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Seems like many teams do these dances as a pregame ritual, although I get the point about looking like total clowns. They spent more energy dancing than playing defense in the game.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 3:10 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Seems like many teams do these dances as a pregame ritual, although I get the point about looking like total clowns. They spent more energy dancing than playing defense in the game.

If they would actually do a good dance, but they are just clowning around like kindergarten kids. This won't give you team chemistry or wins. Maybe they should take a look at the rugby players pregame routines...

Go Heat!
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 3:26 am    Post subject:

Aaron Holiday tries to injure Jalen Brunson on the sidelines: https://twitter.com/sluggahjells/status/1526020914697183232

How does a team accumulate so many floppers, whiners and classless losers? I guess it starts at the top with CP3. When he retires, the NBA fans can breathe a sigh of relief, cause they don't have to worry about his dirty (bleep). Modern day Karl Malone.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 3:31 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Eh. Not everyone is invested in the whole Lakers vs. Celtics thing. The '80s ended 32 years ago. We really haven't had a genuine rivalry since then. Except for the fact that Boston fans get really obnoxious about the Lakers, I might not give a damn about the Celtics any more than I give a damn about the Heat.

The Celtics have won one title in 36 years. We've won eight in the same time period. The only way this is even a contest is if you count all of the Russell-era titles from the pre-modern era, then throw in the ancient titles from Minneapolis to create the illusion of a rivalry. For the most part, the Celtics have been a team we play twice in the regular season. Even in the '80s, we met them in the Finals only three times. Since then, they've been watching our trophy ceremonies and talking about the good old days when the league had 8 teams.

If you have fun hating the Celtics, go for it. This is sports. Hating on another team can be fun. But don't be offended if some of us could really give a rat's ass about the Celtics. If the Celtics win the title this year, the worst thing about it from my perspective will be seeing so many of you freaking out and talking about #18, as if that really meant something. I'd hate to see you unhappy. Really.

Clearly. And it's bizarre.

It's really not about the 80s it's about being on top of the mountain so hell yeah I want to get to 19 before they do. Most of these people that get trumped up as rivals aren't rivals. They aren't winning anything, they haven't won anything, they're just "hot team X" of the moment.

It's extraordinarily strange for me to see a segment of the Lakers fan base who don't care and/or who are actually rooting for the Celtics. I'll never get that.

Eh. I understand that it's fun to have an arch-enemy in sports. But the Celtics have beaten us in the playoffs twice in the last half century. I see people justifying this stuff by talking about 17 titles. If that's really a big deal to you, okay. I mean, if we hadn't been upset by Rochester in the '51 playoffs, we'd already be ahead of the Celtics.

Back here in 2022, I can't manage much venom for the Celtics. Over the past 30 years, our actual rivals have been the Spurs and now the Warriors. The Celtics would be just another team to me, except that their fans have so much venom for us, and so many of you are so invested in the so-called rivalry.

Well see, in my version of 2022 we aren't the Warriors rivals at all. Were we even a playoff team when they were running back to back to back? One team winning and another team being completely irrelevant is not a rivalry to me.

Then why are the Celtics our rivals? They haven't made the Finals since 2010. We have met them in the playoffs a total of six times in the last half century. For that matter, why is anyone our rival? Other than the bubble title, we haven't been past the first round of the playoffs in a decade.

Look, I get the whole tradition thing. The Lakers and Celtics had a one-sided rivalry in the '60s and a more even rivalry in the '80s. The media loved it. Some of you dearly love to hate the Celtics. If it's fun for you, that's cool with me. But you say that you find it extraordinarily strange that some Laker fans don't care much. I'm telling you why. In 2022, hating the Celtics is more of a ritual of fanhood than anything of substance.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 3:43 am    Post subject:

Was it the worst G7 of all time?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 3:44 am    Post subject:

BUCK FOSTON

Let's go Pat Riley!!!!!!!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 4:05 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
epic_ wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

CP3 + Kobe + D12?

CP3's legacy would have been changed forever if he and Kobe got to play together. Add D12 to that and Kobe likely retires with 6 or 7 rings.

Adam Spolane: This is the 6th time a Chris Paul team has blown a 2-0 or 3-1 series lead 2008 vs San Antonio (2-0) 2013 vs Memphis (2-0) 2015 vs Houston (3-1) 2016 vs Portland (2-0) 2021 vs Milwaukee (2-0) 2022 vs Dallas (2-0) He has never won a series after trailing 2-0 or 3-1 – via Twitter AdamSpolane
Chris Paul, Dallas Mavericks, Phoenix Suns

StatMuse: Chris Paul is the first player ever to blow five 2-0 leads in a best-of-7 series. 2-0 vs Spurs in 2008 2-0 vs Grizzlies in 2013 2-0 vs Blazers in 2016 2-0 vs Bucks in 2021 2-0 vs Mavs in 2022 He is also the only player to blow four 2-0 leads. pic.twitter.com/Y6yXcKVT66 – via Twitter statmuse
Chris Paul, Phoenix Suns

StatMuse: Chris Paul has lost 4 straight Game 7s. He is 3-5 in his career. pic.twitter.com/6n7V2fxcQ2 – via Twitter statmuse
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 4:17 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
MJST wrote:
epic_ wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

CP3 + Kobe + D12?

Adam Spolane: This is the 6th time a Chris Paul team has blown a 2-0 or 3-1 series lead 2008 vs San Antonio (2-0) 2013 vs Memphis (2-0) 2015 vs Houston (3-1) 2016 vs Portland (2-0) 2021 vs Milwaukee (2-0) 2022 vs Dallas (2-0) He has never won a series after trailing 2-0 or 3-1 – via Twitter AdamSpolane
Chris Paul, Dallas Mavericks, Phoenix Suns

StatMuse: Chris Paul is the first player ever to blow five 2-0 leads in a best-of-7 series. 2-0 vs Spurs in 2008 2-0 vs Grizzlies in 2013 2-0 vs Blazers in 2016 2-0 vs Bucks in 2021 2-0 vs Mavs in 2022 He is also the only player to blow four 2-0 leads. pic.twitter.com/Y6yXcKVT66 – via Twitter statmuse
Chris Paul, Phoenix Suns

StatMuse: Chris Paul has lost 4 straight Game 7s. He is 3-5 in his career. pic.twitter.com/6n7V2fxcQ2 – via Twitter statmuse

And people have the audacity of calling this man Point God
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 4:45 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Devin Booker poked the bear and is paying for it dearly

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1526014026010046468

Ever since Devin Booker's "The Luka special" and Luka saying "Everyone likes to talk when they're up." Luka is having his "And I took that personally." moment on a cocky Suns team that hasn't won anything but was walking around like they were already the Uncrowned Champions.

Luka is my favorite player in the NBA, and that includes anybody on this current Laker squad. Larry Bird-like deadly shooter, smart, good sizes, talks (bleep) and backs it up. And honestly, if not for Mark Cuban, I'd really like the Dallas Mavs as a team. Forever grateful for beating the hated Miami Heat Big 3 back in the day.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 4:54 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
That CP3 contract ain't looking so hot anymore after Suns got eliminated in the western conference semifinals this year.

I actually feel bad for CP3. Was almost a laker once, I don't blame him.
This was his last and best chance to win a ring. Gonna be 38 next season, and like the Clippers, the Suns have peaked without winning an NBA Finals.

Suns are Done!! And by the way...

F you Devin Booker - Talking (bleep) to the Lakers, arrogant ass, always trying to act like a tough guy, talking about how much you're looking forward to game 7 and you come out and stink it up. No ring for you, Mr. Kardashian.

F you Camron Payne - clowning the Lakers on podcasts, talking about how we're the worst team in the West. We got a ring, you couldn't even get off the bench. Like Lebron said, stay humble, you were out of the league a few seasons ago and may be headed out again.

F you Jae Crowder - plenty of time to practice your salsa dancing now. Yep, I don't forget nothing.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 4:56 am    Post subject:

Surgical Suns with the most pathetic game 7 clown show in half a century. Pure comedy, although I appear to like CP3 more than most around here.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 5:10 am    Post subject:

hate to see headlines like this

Boston Celtics look like championship favorites after two NBA playoff rounds

https://sports.yahoo.com/boston-celtics-look-like-nba-championship-favorites-after-two-playoff-rounds-034427903.html
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 5:57 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

CP3 + Kobe + D12?

Lebron probably ends up with only 1 ring by the time he comes to the Lakers if the trade didn’t get vetoed.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 175, 176, 177 ... 297, 298, 299  Next
Page 176 of 299
Jump to: