Elon Musk bought Twitter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Elon Musk is the narcissistic low-class juvinille troll who posted this to a US Senator:

Quote:
Elon Musk @elonmusk Nov 6, 2021
Much is made lately of unrealized gains being a means of tax avoidance, so I propose selling 10% of my Tesla stock.

Do you support this? [Show this poll]

Quote:
Ron Wyden @RonWyden ·Nov 6, 2021
Whether or not the world’s wealthiest man pays any taxes at all shouldn’t depend on the results of a Twitter poll. It’s time for the Billionaires Income Tax

Quote:
Elon Musk @elonmusk Replying to @RonWyden
Why does ur pp look like u just came?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:51 pm    Post subject:

As I've said in the past I'm an advocate for freedom of speech but some forms of speech should not be allowed. Racial slurs are some of the ones of which I speak.

I have Twitter and Facebook accounts. I don't post in either. I seldom go to either. When I do I'm usually nudged by an LG post. I don't follow anyone. How do I watch what's being posted on Twitter as a whole?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
As I've said in the past I'm an advocate for freedom of speech but some forms of speech should not be allowed. Racial slurs are some of the ones of which I speak.

I have Twitter and Facebook accounts. I don't post in either. I seldom go to either. When I do I'm usually nudged by an LG post. I don't follow anyone. How do I watch what's being posted on Twitter as a whole?

You have to follow people to see their posts -- that's the way to see content on Twitter.

Twitter can suggest people by category: sports, politics, news, arts, entertainment, etc.

My favorite person on Twitter to follow is Mark Hamill @MarkHamill.

You can find someone by using Google search: "LeBron James twitter account" and it will pop up. You can click the link to take you twitter then hit the Follow button.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You have to follow people to see their posts -- that's the way to see content on Twitter.

Twitter can suggest people by category: sports, politics, news, arts, entertainment, etc.

My favorite person on Twitter to follow is Mark Hamill @MarkHamill.

You can find someone by using Google search: "LeBron James twitter account" and it will pop up. You can click the link to take you twitter then hit the Follow button.

Thank you CL. I plugged into Musk's account. Advertisers threatening to pull ads may have some sting though I don't think Musk will care. Having said that I don't think he bought Twitter to lose money.

I'll choose who to watch using Google search

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:38 pm    Post subject: https://www.firstpost.com/tech/news-analysis/twitter-introduces-blue-line-to-highlight-timeline-conversations-3635253.html#:~:text=Twitter%20is%20attempting%20to%20simplify,line%20between%20their%20profile%20photos.

This seems to be a way to catergorize posters' thoughts and form allegiances. Those with agendas will have templates. Am I being overly cautious?

TWITTER INTRODUCES 'BLUE LINE' TO HIGHLIGHT TIMELINE CONVERSATIONS

LINK

trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:18 am    Post subject:

Crazy how fast this is going off the rails. Like I knew this megalomaniac buying Twitter would be a (bleep) show, but this is exceeding my expectations.

Similar to the Trump presidency. We all knew it would be a mess but it was a bigger mess than any of us could fathom.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:08 am    Post subject:

I can't decide if he's intentionally destroying the company or his ego is just so big that he believes he's doing what's best? Either way, he has now become the world's biggest message board troll. lol

From a small user perspective, like me, my experience hasn't really changed all that much except the attention Musk draws to himself. But the daily exchange of news and information among my progressive follows and followers hasn't really changed. The good part on my end is that I stopped seeing any ads completely! I suspect the kinds of advertisers that would normally match up with my demographics have left.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject:

Elon Musk's Twitter Lays Off Half its Workforce, Blames Activists for 'Massive' Ad Revenue Drop

LINK

Quote:
Musk blamed the losses on a coalition of civil rights groups that has been pressing Twitter's top advertisers to take action if he did not protect content moderation – concerns heightened ahead of potential pivotal congressional elections on Tuesday.13 hours agosks-twitter-lays-off-half-its-workforce-blames-activists-for-massive-ad-revenue-drop

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Welcome To Hell, Elon
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:35 pm    Post subject:

So far, OJ Simpson is the only person who is happy about Musk buying Twitter. Not a good sign.

https://twitter.com/therealoj32/status/1586022987844661249?s=46&t=LYxqwqTN-r7NE7sDB59mjQ
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:27 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
So far, OJ Simpson is the only person who is happy about Musk buying Twitter. Not a good sign.

https://twitter.com/therealoj32/status/1586022987844661249?s=46&t=LYxqwqTN-r7NE7sDB59mjQ

There is a whole mess of unsavory characters who are pleased.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:27 pm    Post subject:

I can't make heads or tails of twitter. Only tweets I see are links people post. Layout is ass.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:40 am    Post subject:

Valerie Bertinelli pointed out one of the flaws in Elon's thinking in a very clever way. She changed her name to Elon Musk, and then started retweeting Dem candidate tweets.

And one of her other tweets (presumably to Elon):

Quote:
Elon Musk
@Wolfiesmom
·
19h
The blue checkmark simply meant your identity was verified.
Scammers would have a harder time impersonating you.
That no longer applies. Good luck out there!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:37 am    Post subject:

Elon basically said: impersonate me and bad mouth me all you want, but it will cost $8.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:31 am    Post subject:

^
Kathy Griffin was suspended from twitter for impersonating him.

He also said that we should all vote Republican for Congress since there's a Democrat in the White House.

So the agenda is clear.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject:

EFF Musk.

Robblake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:05 am    Post subject:

Let it fail. Let people expose their true colors. Let their philosophies be on proud display and let’s move on to better platforms for healthy communication
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject:

Robblake wrote:
Let it fail. Let people expose their true colors. Let their philosophies be on proud display and let’s move on to better platforms for healthy communication

How do we do that though?
Robblake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:18 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Robblake wrote:

How do we do that though?
that’s the golden question. It’s def beyond my scope, but the start is we can stop patronizing these apps that only seem to be poison and promotes it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Musk paid $44 billion for Twitter. He finally told us why. To try to put a party in place. A party that favors persons of his ilk, the haves. He's boldly posted on Twitter "Vote Republican."His reason for voting for a Republican Congress is that the Presidency is Democratic makes no sense.

He's losing money on this venture but $44 billion is a drop in the bucket to a thing worth 208.3 billion USD. Midterms will likely have an effect on what he does in the future. If things keep going downhill dollarwise I think Twitter will be for sale unless he finds a way to subsidize.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Musk paid $44 billion for Twitter. He finally told us why. To try to put a party in place. A party that favors persons of his ilk, the haves. He's boldly posted on Twitter "Vote Republican."His reason for voting for a Republican Congress is that the Presidency is Democratic makes no sense.

It makes sense in that he wants debate and consensus about bills instead of one party ramming things through without opposition. He expects a Republican Senate and Biden to have to work together for accomplishments. In reality I don’t see a Republican Senate working with Biden nor do I expect Biden to work with a Republican Senate. Unfortunately the days of Tip and Newt putting their differences aside to accomplish things are long gone.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It makes sense in that he wants debate and consensus about bills instead of one party ramming things through without opposition. He expects a Republican Senate and Biden to have to work together for accomplishments. In reality I don’t see a Republican Senate working with Biden nor do I expect Biden to work with a Republican Senate. Unfortunately the days of Tip and Newt putting their differences aside to accomplish things are long gone.

There's always been and always will be debate and consensus about bills. That's the means to keep one party ramming things through without opposition.

I don't think Musk expects Biden and a Republican Senate to work together. I don't think he GAD.
IMO Elon is about Elon.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

He's losing money on this venture but $44 billion is a drop in the bucket to a thing worth 208.3 billion USD. Midterms will likely have an effect on what he does in the future. If things keep going downhill dollarwise I think Twitter will be for sale unless he finds a way to subsidize.

He was forced to buy it. If he could do it all over again he would've never offered to buy it for 2x what it was worth. The shareholders wanted him to buy it because they could walk away with huge profits no matter the implications for the site.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:28 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

He was forced to buy it. If he could do it all over again he would've never offered to buy it for 2x what it was worth. The shareholders wanted him to buy it because they could walk away with huge profits no matter the implications for the site.

I forgot he tried to pay a $1 billion breakup fee. I still think after the midterms he'll put it on the market if it continues to suck money.

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Just had one of our biggest clients (a govt agency) pull advertising from Twitter to spend it on other platforms.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13
Jump to: