"This team is really scary"

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerlove123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:48 pm    Post subject: "This team is really scary"

Unexpectedly I got the sheer joy of being able to watch this game on NBA TV, and then the post-game show.

They could NOT shut up about how frightening this Laker team is. I have never heard so many accolades since...like, never?

And I have not been this excited since...like, never.

GO Lakers
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:11 am    Post subject:

Are you in your twenties?
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:27 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Are you in your twenties?

hehe. Perhaps, he wasn't born yet during the Shaq/Kobe and or Kobe/Pau days.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: "This team is really scary"

lakerlove123 wrote:
Unexpectedly I got the sheer joy of being able to watch this game on NBA TV, and then the post-game show.

They could NOT shut up about how frightening this Laker team is. I have never heard so many accolades since...like, never?

GO Lakers

Not sure if you were around for the showtime Lakers, Kobe and Shaq, Kobe and Paul. It feels like those days.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:21 am    Post subject:

OP I agree with...

We have been better, but teams in the playoffs will be scared to play us. If we get in, without injuries, I don't see why we can't win it all
lakerlove123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:18 am    Post subject:

Actually, I'm 32. So yes, I was around during Kobe/Shaq etc. And I haven't felt that thrilled since then.

HOWEVER, this is an even greater thrill because now I'm actually old enough to fully appreciate what is going on around here.

LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:07 am    Post subject:

Was excited when we had our younglings but haven't been into the Lakers like this since the Kobe/Pau days. Getting Dloading back brought back that youth connection. That trade deadline might have been the biggest change in a long time.
lakerlove123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:11 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Getting Dloading back brought back that youth connection.

This exactly. Plus Austin Reaves, who's also home-grown. And other guys, who are still young.

I can't wait to actually grow with this team.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:07 pm    Post subject:

This team is more talented than the championship squad in 2020. That year we didn't have any guards like DLo or Schroder who could create offense for themselves, nor did we have a versatile wing defender like Vando who was also a good rebounder and could run the fast break like a guard.

I can't wait to see what this team will do when whole, especially next season when they have a full training camp together!
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:11 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
This team is more talented than the championship squad in 2020. That year we didn't have any guards like DLo or Schroder who could create offense for themselves, nor did we have a versatile wing defender like Vando who was also a good rebounder and could run the fast break like a guard.

I can't wait to see what this team will do when whole, especially next season when they have a full training camp together!

*Assuming LeBron comes back and is healthy for the playoffs*
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:12 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

But that team had championship experience with Green and Javale.

Wish Mo was available for this run right now...and Bron.

#BannersOverBillboards
Robblake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:26 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

Yep I’m so little words.. it’s the same squad but just upgraded across the board. I really gotta hand it to rob and his patience
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:43 pm    Post subject:

What makes it exciting was we were complete dog sh _at_ t most of the year and have had crazy injury problems yet still have a chance to do something, and I think we all deep down can see it

If Durant had not snaked his way to PHX I would be super confident we would come out of the West and we matchup well with both BOS and MIL
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: "This team is really scary"

Polarbear wrote:
lakerlove123 wrote:

GO Lakers

Not sure if you were around for the showtime Lakers, Kobe and Shaq, Kobe and Paul. It feels like those days.

Blasphemous to even suggest that…we won 10 championships in those eras…and competed for 6 more. I understand what you are trying to say…this feels good…but it feels nothing like that. Not even close…yet lol 😂
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: "This team is really scary"

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
lakerlove123 wrote:

GO Lakers

Blasphemous to even suggest that…we won 10 championships in those eras…and competed for 6 more. I understand what you are trying to say…this feels good…but it feels nothing like that. Not even close…yet lol 😂

💯

Never seen a Laker Team go from guano to great with a complete mid season overhaul.

And I do think this squad has a chance with Bron, AD and the top 10 healthy...but yeah...I've watched 10 championships and we were right there 6 other times.

Recency Bias is a real thing.

#BannersOverBillboards
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:18 am    Post subject:

I think it's just been so long. 2020 didn't feel real because of the pandemic and the bubble taking away some of the joy of it.

This feels akin to 2008, after getting Pau.
SGSD32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:11 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
I think it's just been so long. 2020 didn't feel real because of the pandemic and the bubble taking away some of the joy of it.

This feels akin to 2008, after getting Pau.

Definitely closer to this than anything else.

The energy and the joy transforming so much feels unique, though. This is now a FUN... YOUNG team!! That is playing some excellent ball.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:52 am    Post subject:

Guess who's back? Back again. Lakeshow's back. Tell a friend.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:31 pm    Post subject:

This team is a dream

The team that started the season was scary

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: