View previous topic :: View next topic  
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:24 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Once again we built a statue to Rob for getting Dlo, Vander and Beasly for Brick and a 1st. After few games, except Vando, the trade doesn't look that great.

DLo was a plus 6, misses A LOT of shots, but had 11 assists.

Would still rather have him at $25 million then Kyrie’s flakey personality at $40 million.

The trade was great. The coach, however, was a very bad hire.

Without the bad coach, however, do we even make such a great trade?

There is absolutely no way i'd want DLO over Kyrie personality and all. Watched him last playoffs and he was beyond horrendous.

Agree to disagree. Kyrie isn’t my cup of tea. Would have accepted him when we were desperate, but we aren’t anymore.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:25 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Once again we built a statue to Rob for getting Dlo, Vander and Beasly for Brick and a 1st. After few games, except Vando, the trade doesn't look that great.

Would still rather have him at $25 million then Kyrie’s flakey personality at $40 million.

There is absolutely no way i'd want DLO over Kyrie personality and all. Watched him last playoffs and he was beyond horrendous.

It’s not even a matter of that it’s a matter of having a competent point bench actually behind him because you can afford it or just being able to afford one player in a bunch of scrubs

Give me D’Angelo Russell every time because Kyrie is going to cost a ton
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:25 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

It’s only a choice if they cost the same which won’t be the case anyways.

Agree to disagree. Kyrie isn’t my cup of tea. Would have accepted him when we were desperate, but we aren’t anymore.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:26 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Still love our squad despite this horrible loss.

Roger is such a 50/50.
Crazy Lakers fan or just an amazing troll LOL

Do we really need to run Westbrook’s Lakers blooper reel?

I like the squad too. We can improve even more this off-season.

Definitely dislike our head coaching option right now.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

mad55557777 wrote:
Kidd took a timeout after we score 107-102 and take out Powell for Kleber, that was the move of the game…. We failed to counter by sending in Vando for wenyen. Yes, I know wenyen was playing well, but that should’ve been done.

Outside of I think Vanderbilt coming in with under a minute, didnt AD, Wenyen, Schro, Reaves and d'lo basically play entire 4th? Not sure I've seen Lakers roll out 5 guys for an entire period like that in any recent memory.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

rock0100 wrote:
TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

We just lost against a Mavs team without Luka

Lost to a tanking Houston team.

lost to a Knicks team without Brunson

we're 3 games under .500

We're in a great spot right now.

Last edited by TMG on Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
It’s time to evaluate whether Beasley should even be getting minutes

I dunno if we’ll even be able to afford this offseason as Austin and Rui will probably get theirs.

As for tonight he wasn’t too bad.

10 points 5-9. 0-3 from 3

Felt like he didn’t force anything and played with the flow of the team.
Mid range was money
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:27 pm    Post subject:

farzadkavari wrote:
I honestly miss Smush Parker at this point!!

DAMN! Get some help!

That was LOW!

That is like reliving a BAD nightmare.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject:

True story in the West:

From seed 7 on down, the hottest team is...

drum roll...

The Rockets
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject:

There was a time when we went 24-19 with Rudy T... then 10-29 with Frank Hamblen, then 45-37 with Phil when we had a bad squad.

It makes a difference if you have a competent coach.

This team should have won tonight.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

It’s not even a matter of that it’s a matter of having a competent point bench actually behind him because you can afford it or just being able to afford one player in a bunch of scrubs

I agree with that. Kyrie would probably cost a lot. But hypothetically if i had to choose between either one of them im taking Kyrie and im not even flinching. Personality and all. DLO is decent but he doesn't move the needle at all for a team. Maybe as a 3rd guy he can be good but i saw what he did as a 3rd guy in Minny. He was horrendous.

But Kyrie would gut this team with the contract he'd demand.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Just rewatched the last minute. Lakers up 4 with 20 seconds left and 6 seconds left on the shot clock. Despite being unable to hit a shot all 4th, DLo takes a semi-contested three on the wing and misses…Austin was WIDE OPEN at the top of the key and a quick, simple swing pass away. The closest Mav was in the restricted area in the paint. Austin could have taken an open three or attacked. Both options would have been more likely to yield points than a semi-contested DLo three AND it would have shaved another 5-7 seconds off the clock.

The Lakers really made every bad mistake possible from that possession on. Wasted possession. Foul a 3pt shooter. Miss a free throw. Allow an open 3pt shot.

EVERYTHING that could go wrong went wrong.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:32 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Not able to beat Houston and now Dallas a man down just show you were just not good.

Damn here i was thinking team was playing better without Lebron......
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

Hard to fathom how a team supposedly laden with veterans can commit so many stupid mistakes that you normally see from tanking teams.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

Rui only 16 minutes tonight when he was a positive?

Why did they have AD on Klieber when all he does is camp outside which takes AD out of the paint?

Both plays at the end you can see AD trying to cover the paint hard. Just leaving Klieber open on both plays.

Rui would have been better guarding Klieber on those plays, and left AD on Wood who is much slower player.

Or Ham should have put Gabriel on Klieber.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:33 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

I agree with that. Kyrie would probably cost a lot. But hypothetically if i had to choose between either one of them im taking Kyrie and im not even flinching. Personality and all. DLO is decent but he doesn't move the needle at all for a team. Maybe as a 3rd guy he can be good but i saw what he did as a 3rd guy in Minny. He was horrendous.

Can you seriously argue that Kyrie does move the needle for a team? What successful teams has he been a part of since he's left Cleveland?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:34 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
Just rewatched the last minute. Lakers up 4 with 20 seconds left and 6 seconds left on the shot clock. Despite being unable to hit a shot all 4th, DLo takes a semi-contested three on the wing and misses…Austin was WIDE OPEN at the top of the key and a quick, simple swing pass away. The closest Mav was in the restricted area in the paint. Austin could have taken an open three or attacked. Both options would have been more likely to yield points than a semi-contested DLo three AND it would have shaved another 5-7 seconds off the clock.

The Lakers really made every bad mistake possible from that possession on. Wasted possession. Foul a 3pt shooter. Miss a free throw. Allow an open 3pt shot.

EVERYTHING that could go wrong went wrong.

DLo didn’t make a single shot in the 4th, and he kept on taking them. Why are people not blaming him the same way they blame brick? The 2 bad shots by him in the 3rd led mavs to a 8-0 run, how was that any different than what brick did?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

we're 3 games under .500

Even though Kyrie did some goods things defensively tonight leading to almost fouling out, I still would rather have DLO moving forward.

You can’t count on Kyrie to play lockdown defense every night. You can count on him to drop 25-50 points each game.

DLO’s defense has much improved compared to his first stint with the Lakers and I think he’ll continue to thrive off ball with Lebron and AD.
Struggled the last two games but I’m not even worried about it lasting too much longer
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TMG wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Kyrie plays even less than Davis. Over AD's tenure with the Lakers he's played 182 games. Over that same timeframe Kyrie has played 154.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:35 pm    Post subject:

The only good thing about this game is now Cuban's never trading for DLo.

So all this arguing is moot.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

^ Kyrie is simply a polarizing figure. Evidenced by the very discussion you guys are having.

He's not my cup of tea either. Then he rubs it in my face by dropping 38 and going 5/9 from 3.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

we're 3 games under .500

Never said we were in a great spot. I said we aren’t desperate.

If we had this team all year, we are a 4 or 5 seed. If we have this team with a better coach, we are a solid 3 or 4 seed.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

Just another lost opportunity. It is frustrating.

But they have found ways to lose games all season this was just the latest version. Still a lot of teams bunched together but now they lost the tiebreaker with Dallas. Just makes it even more difficult to get out of the play-in games.

Home court would be nice in the play-in games. I have little confidence they can even put themselves in position for that anymore.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

miggz23 wrote:
Rui only 16 minutes tonight when he was a positive?

Why did they have AD on Klieber when all he does is camp outside which takes AD out of the paint?

Both plays at the end you can see AD trying to cover the paint hard. Just leaving Klieber open on both plays.

Rui would have been better guarding Klieber on those plays, and left AD on Wood who is much slower player.

Or Ham should have put Gabriel on Klieber.

Told you Kidd made the right adjustment by taking out Powell down 5, and I believe Ham would make the adjustment if we are still playing now(maybe 3rd OT), slow in game adjustments is the trademark of ham
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
TMG wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
TMG wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Can you seriously argue that Kyrie does move the needle for a team? What successful teams has he been a part of since he's left Cleveland?

Kyrie-AD-Lebron would be considered title favorites.

But like the poster said It would be impossible because of the contract he'd demand. Bench would also be gutted probably.

Im not a fan of DLO's game at all. He's decent. But if his threes aren't falling he is nullified.

Last edited by TMG on Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 37 of 39
Jump to: