*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns (03/22/23 @ 7:00 pm PT) Gm#73***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Our first win against phx since game 3 of 2021 series.

Hopefully we get another first win against the clippers later too. Can’t remember if we have won against them since that bubble game.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:06 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Gutsy move by Ham starting Reaves tonight... I think he gave Beasley enough chances to redeem himself. But he was just too inconsistent. I think tonight also showed that they are prioritizing Reaves. They most likely decided that they will bring Reaves back at all cost now.

I expect Ham to tighten up the rotation now and Ham will start giving heavy minutes to people who deserves it. I expect it will most likely be playoffs rotation from now on.

I like the combo of AR and DLO out there. Both guys can get their own shot, work well off others, handle the ball well and set up other guys. I think with Beas you just get a guy that runs the floor and shoots. Good to have when it works, but we need something more dynamic without Lebron
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:06 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
I watched this game on tape delay - I was losing my mind in that stretch where Ham had both Vando and Troy Brown Jr on the bench and Booker was going off on Schroeder. MY LORD what a moron, that type of stuff will cost us if we make the playoffs. Vando had 4 fouls so you could maybe defend that, but to put small guards on Booker is suicide.

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE - great performance from our big three of Reaves, AD, D-Lo. AD was dominating for a stretch there. Vando also was awesome on D, Booker couldn't really do much against him at all.

Big time win, needed it bad

Denis on booker made less sense when you realize Paul gets worn out when pressed now. He could have picked Paul up full court and cut his legs out from him
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:08 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
aiel wrote:
I prefer the lakers to be an average or below-average 3pt shooting team if they can be one of the leaders in free throw attempts, this is how they win a chip.
It relieves the pressure of making 3's, helps stops runs by the other team, and most importantly allows them to set up the defense.

46 free throws tonight is crazy. Don't want to rely on that.

Yeah teams that rely on free throws don’t make it far. Just ask the Embiid sixers or Harden rockets.

You won’t get that volume in the playoffs. You can make the playoffs that way, but won’t win if you depend on it.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Can operation.500 finally succeed Friday?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Gutsy move by Ham starting Reaves tonight... I think he gave Beasley enough chances to redeem himself. But he was just too inconsistent. I think tonight also showed that they are prioritizing Reaves. They most likely decided that they will bring Reaves back at all cost now.

I expect Ham to tighten up the rotation now and Ham will start giving heavy minutes to people who deserves it. I expect it will most likely be playoffs rotation from now on.

I like the combo of AR and DLO out there. Both guys can get their own shot, work well off others, handle the ball well and set up other guys. I think with Beas you just get a guy that runs the floor and shoots. Good to have when it works, but we need something more dynamic without Lebron

My only concern with Reaves starting was that we lose his production off the bench. Also when Lebron comes back he will be somehow limited and won't get the same touches.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:18 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Theseus wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

My only concern with Reaves starting was that we lose his production off the bench. Also when Lebron comes back he will be somehow limited and won't get the same touches.

He will and should go back to the bench when lebron returns
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:20 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Theseus wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Reaves also plays well with Lebron because of his IQ, I feel like they always played extremely well together.

You're right though, not sure about the fit overall with the others.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:21 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Theseus wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

It will be hard to bench him at this point. Specially if he continues to play well. It's already a given that some of the guys will have a drop off in production when Lebron returns.

But the thought of replacing TBJ with Lebron is pretty crazy tbh...
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:25 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Theseus wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

It will be hard to bench him at this point. Specially if he continues to play well. It's already a given that some of the guys will have a drop off in production when Lebron returns.

But the thought of replacing TBJ with Lebron is pretty crazy tbh...

It won’t be because him playing with lebron is not using him properly, he needs the ball in his hand which is a good thing for us. He can finish games, but him coming in as sixth man helps this team a lot
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:25 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Theseus wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Reaves also plays well with Lebron because of his IQ, I feel like they always played extremely well together.

That's big piece coming back and will have a ton of domino effect on the line-up. But Lebron is unselfish which is a good thing. I just hope he gets he's 3 back when he returns.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:31 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Theseus wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

That's big piece coming back and will have a ton of domino effect on the line-up. But Lebron is unselfish which is a good thing. I just hope he gets he's 3 back when he returns.

Lebron not coming back….. maybe first round
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:38 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
aiel wrote:
I prefer the lakers to be an average or below-average 3pt shooting team if they can be one of the leaders in free throw attempts, this is how they win a chip.
It relieves the pressure of making 3's, helps stops runs by the other team, and most importantly allows them to set up the defense.

46 free throws tonight is crazy. Don't want to rely on that.

The Lakers can always rely on tons of free throws. It’s no secret that the Lakers are the cash cow for the league and the refs are currently on the hook for some missed calls against Boston, Dallas, etc that would have the Lakers firmly in the playoffs right now.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:30 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

Based on the past half dozen opportunities, I’m skeptical.

Monty’s go to of free throw discrepancy when his team gets beat, has made me lose respect for him as a coach.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:32 am    Post subject:

GOOD WIN LAKERS!!... Next Game:
      Los Angeles Lakers vs Oklahoma City Thunder
      Crypto Arena | Friday, Mar. 24, 2023 • 7:30 PM PT

Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:32 am    Post subject:

Phoenix better hope Durant comes back strong and healthy. Paul looks cooked.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:49 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Monty’s go to of free throw discrepancy when his team gets beat, has made me lose respect for him as a coach.

especially after the bs whistles booker got
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:16 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

To be honest, I don’t know of a coach who wouldn’t comment on a discrepancy like that.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:36 am    Post subject:

I have angst about the return of Bron. The ball movement has improved 1,000 with a comma, percent without him in the lineup. When he comes back that's going to take the ball out of Dlo and AR's hands. Bron may be the best player on the team but he's a ball stopper.

The team as a whole play better when he's not the go to. They're looser and more confident.

We don't have a Greg Popovich to stand up to him and make him see the game with and without him. Make him see he's a ball stopper. Films tell the tale. To be honest I hope he doesn't come back until the playoffs/ins. Maybe 2,3 games before the playoffs/in start for acclimation purposes.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:11 pm; edited 4 times in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:36 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

To be honest, I don’t know of a coach who wouldn’t comment on a discrepancy like that.

Once in a while or in a playoff series playing the mind games I get it.

It’s Monty’s go to when his team loses. What I saw was some lazy, half ass defense by some of his players who were reaching rather than moving their feet.

DLO is not a speedster by any means and he had some practice layups.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:38 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1638768425895104514?s=20
posted in DLO thread. Personally I will always take the help of the refs. I have no problem winning games
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
Phoenix better hope Durant comes back strong and healthy. Paul looks cooked.

That's true. They need Durant healthy. They don't need much from CP3 anymore though. Durant and Booker are elite.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I have angst about the return of Bron. The ball movement has improved 1,000 with a comma, percent without him in the lineup. When he comes back that's going to take the ball out of Dlo and AR's hands. Bron may be the best player on the team but he's a ball stopper.

Isn't the team 3-0 with LeBron and the new supporting cast?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:52 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Isn't the team 3-0 with LeBron and the new supporting cast?

I'm not sure but that's not what I'm talking about. Bron is on his way out. It's time to look at life after Bron. This young team is developing chemistry, and an identity. We're not winning the Larry O'Brien so let the youngsters learn each other.

I've given thought to his return. I've given in to maybe he should play 2,3 games before the playoffs/ins. I still say he's a ball stopper. I don't like the team to be dependent on him. If they become more of a unit it will take some of the weight off of Bron. They need to find their way. Next season looks promising.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
Page 31 of 31
Jump to: