*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (05/16/23 @ 5:30 PM PT) Western Conference Finals / Gm#1 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Positive takeaways:
Jokic crazy stat game...
Murry/KCP/Brown performed way above average.
Still only loss by 6 (2 haymakers by Jokic/Murray)

For next game:
- Go back to usual starting line-up.
- Schro off the bench
- Rebound better
- Have to limit one of Jokic/Murray

Last edited by miggz23 on Tue May 16, 2023 8:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Luis5150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:22 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
KCP sounds dumb in this press conference.

Reporter: “Do you feel like you have an advantage since you were on the 2020 team?”

KCP: “No. It’s a whole new team… But having played with those guy for 4-5 years, knowing them, I have an advantage. I love our team and its toughness.”

Meh... it is KCPoop afterall. He was getting cooked by Booker last series until he ran out of gas.... he had a good game, don't think it is sustainable
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Luis5150 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Reporter: “Do you feel like you have an advantage since you were on the 2020 team?”

KCP: “No. It’s a whole new team… But having played with those guy for 4-5 years, knowing them, I have an advantage. I love our team and its toughness.”

Meh... it is KCPoop afterall. He was getting cooked by Booker last series until he ran out of gas.... he had a good game, don't think it is sustainable

KCP always been up/down. Honestly I think they need to get into his head a tad, he's always been a guy who can start doubting his shot and go into a funk for awhile.
james5000
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:23 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
james5000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
james5000 wrote:
If this a series about Joker vs AD

Game 1: JOKER > AD, nuggets win ✓

Can't see AD out playing Joker 4x tbh

Jokic plays horrific defense. If Lakers can exploit that they are good. His defense is like the inverse of his offense...whereas he is a savant on offense, he is literally shrek on D. Just a lumbering oaf.

Joker can't defend, doubles AD in rebounds

Are you associating getting more rebounds as him being a better defender than AD?

A lumbering oaf gets 21 rebounds and 2 blocks,

Where has AD come in the last 3 years MVP voting
Luis5150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:25 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Luis5150 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

KCP always been up/down. Honestly I think they need to get into his head a tad, he's always been a guy who can start doubting his shot and go into a funk for awhile.

that's what I was getting at.... whatever! let him talk
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:27 pm    Post subject:

james5000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
james5000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
james5000 wrote:

Jokic plays horrific defense. If Lakers can exploit that they are good. His defense is like the inverse of his offense...whereas he is a savant on offense, he is literally shrek on D. Just a lumbering oaf.

Are you associating getting more rebounds as him being a better defender than AD?

Ok Denver fan, you got me. Your all world lumbering oaf on D (but one heck of an offensive player) is 1st team all nba defense material for sure. Ayup. All the talking heads shower adoration on his amazing defense capabilities. I mean, absolutely, a guy who gets lots of rebounds MUST be a great defender. Yes sir.
james5000
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:30 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
james5000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
james5000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
james5000 wrote:

Ok Denver fan, you got me. Your all world lumbering oaf on D (but one heck of an offensive player) is 1st team all nba defense material for sure. Ayup. All the talking heads shower adoration on his amazing defense capabilities. I mean, absolutely, a guy who gets lots of rebounds MUST be a great defender. Yes sir.

He sure as heck isn't a horrific defender lol
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:32 pm    Post subject:

james5000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
james5000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
james5000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
james5000 wrote:

I suppose if you think hard enough, and wish long enough, indeed, he may no longer be a lumbering oaf on D.

Your team has 2 really good defenders (Gordon, KCP). Porter seems ok. Murray is whatever. Jokic is pure hot garbage on D.

He makes up alot for that on offense, however. Much respect for triple doubles.
james5000
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:35 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
james5000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
james5000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
james5000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
james5000 wrote:

I suppose if you think hard enough, and wish long enough, indeed, he may no longer be a lumbering oaf on D.

Your team has 2 really good defenders (Gordon, KCP). Porter seems ok. Murray is whatever. Jokic is pure hot garbage on D.

Would you say Jokic had a better game than AD or was it even?
Robblake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:36 pm    Post subject:

I have nothing and to say about jokic offense or defense. Dude is an absolute unit. Actually, underrated despite recent mvp wins. He can win a. Ring after we win two in a row tho 😅
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:39 pm    Post subject:

james5000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
james5000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
james5000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
james5000 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
james5000 wrote:

Would you say Jokic had a better game than AD or was it even?

The loss jades my view. Jokic's imprint was all over the offense for first 30 minutes of the game. His 3 to end the third was lucky and clutch at the same time, he was feeling it. He had the better first 3 quarters.

4th quarter Lakers may have found something or did Denver get lax (I doubt the latter, your coach I think is really on his guys to keep at it), and game became more of an AD factor type of game.

Based on that, numbers aside, Jokic had the better game. But its honestly not about that. If Murray, KCP and rest of your guys arent hitting 3s it wouldnt matter.

Tip of the old cap to your guys hitting the big shots when needed, Mark of a really good team.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Lakers take game 2
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:40 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Lakers take game 2
CO-SIGN!
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Nuggets are the #1 seed for a reason.

I mentioned a couple days ago that this would be Jokic’s coming out party for those that do not watch the Nuggets or rely on highlight reels. Jokic is not going to wow you with athleticism. He just uses positioning, footwork and skill. The rest of the team feeds off his simply making the right play at the right time.

Lakers have to make adjustments and find a way to slow down the Nuggets offense. Not going to beat them allowing 130 pts. Lakers have to be more consistent for an entire 48 mins. Any lapses lead to Nuggets advantage.

On to game 2. Up to them to find a way to win against a better overall team.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Lakers would have been much higher in the seeding with the current roster. Reaves said it was Nuggets effort that got them the big lead and more effort by Lakers in second half is why they almost made up the deficit. In that case great chance to win in Denver in game 2.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 7:47 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Lakers would have been much higher in the seeding with the current roster. Reaves said it was Nuggets effort that got them the big lead and more effort by Lakers in second half is why they almost made up the deficit. In that case great chance to win in Denver in game 2.

Most likely but bron missed a ton, ad missed and DLos first week here he missed a couple weeks. The expectation is we don’t go 2-10 but our record post trade though good didn’t have many impressive wins. Our schedule was easy.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 9:08 am    Post subject:

I was posting in the game thread when the Lakers went down 21. I decided to lie down to watch the rest of the game and fell asleep. When I woke up the Lakers were down 3. I wanted to kick myself for missing a hard charging Laker comeback. I gonna see if I can find a replay. Listening to FirstTake SAS said Ham made the right in-game adjustments by putting Rui Hachimura on Jokic leaving AD to roam. Pundits say he's been making great adjustments all season.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
ducasse wrote:

Most likely but bron missed a ton, ad missed and DLos first week here he missed a couple weeks. The expectation is we don’t go 2-10 but our record post trade though good didn’t have many impressive wins. Our schedule was easy.

I see your point but 53-29 and a +3.3 differential is not exactly a dominant season by the Nuggets either. I think Lakers could win 53 games with their roster as constructed. These teams are pretty evenly matched. Nuggets have the advantage because they have home court. If Lakers had home court I think they'd be favored.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68
Page 68 of 68
Jump to: