Ime Udoka Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Great signing!

I was wondering what you thought of this.

I do think it's a better fit for him personally than Boston for obvious reasons.

Yup. These kids need some guidance and anything but Silas is an improvement.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Great signing!

I was wondering what you thought of this.

I do think it's a better fit for him personally than Boston for obvious reasons.

Yup. These kids need some guidance and anything but Silas is an improvement.

I think if they just make the playoffs they would be content with it(well Ime may not be but the fanbase I think would).
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 5:01 am    Post subject:

This is an interesting choice.

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/2023/05/11/ime-udoka-to-represent-rockets-on-2023-nba-draft-lottery-stage/?taid=645f4397abb6ba0001f0a4cf&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

Quote:
Ime Udoka to represent Rockets on 2023 NBA draft lottery stage

In what could be a symbolic move, new Rockets coach Ime Udoka will be the team’s on-stage representative at the 2023 NBA draft lottery on May 16, per Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle.

General manager Rafael Stone served in that ceremonial role last year when Houston landed the No. 3 pick (Jabari Smith Jr.) in the 2022 first round. But Udoka carries a much higher profile than former head coach Stephen Silas, which may make him more of a natural fit to represent the Rockets in such settings.

Each year, the NBA allows teams owning the 14 non-playoff draft slots to choose who represents them as the order is counted down. Coaches, executives, owners, current players and former players are among the frequently used options, depending on the team.

General counsel Clay Allen will serve as Houston’s representative in the backstage room where the lottery is actually conducted, just as he has in each of the previous two years.

The prize of the lottery is 7-foot-4 French big man Victor Wembanyama, who is widely expected to be drafted No. 1.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:37 am    Post subject:

I have thought this all along he only got the Rockets job to prevent the lawsuit.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: