A Beautiful Word - "Sawubona: An African Tribe's Beautiful Greeting"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:29 pm    Post subject: A Beautiful Word - "Sawubona: An African Tribe's Beautiful Greeting"

Was watching Oprah once long long ago and I swear she had some Zulu women on and they told the story of what the punishment is for someone who commits an illegal/improper act in their tribe.. it will blow you away and is good to be reminded of every now and then...

The punishment is in the article below the quoted text

5min read

https://exploringyourmind.com/sawubona-african-tribe-greeting/
Sawubona: An African Tribe's Beautiful Greeting
Quote:
The most common greeting in the Zulu tribe is Sawubona. It literally means “I see you, you are important to me and I value you”. It’s a way to make the other person visible and to accept them as they are with their virtues, nuances, and flaws. In response to this greeting, people usually say with “Shiboka”, which means “I exist for you”.

Natal was one of the four original provinces of South Africa. It included the Bantustan of KwaZulu, or the land of the Zulus. Most people know about it due to its famous war with Britain at the end of the 19th century. However, sometimes history books camouflage or hide things. They can relegate or disregard our cultural, human, and philosophical legacies. This is a shame, as the African culture is so fascinating.

Sawubona: All my attention is with you. I see you and I allow myself to discover your needs, to see your fears, to identify your mistakes and accept them. I accept you for what you are and you are part of me.
Alpha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:04 am    Post subject:

That is beautiful! thanks for sharing!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: