What are your most Controversial opinions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 90324
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:00 pm    Post subject:

I like both the floret and stem, but the stem actually tastes better (most people dislike it because of visual and cultural stimuli plus the fact that too many of the woody parts are included).
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17230

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:48 am    Post subject:

Squatters should have zero rights.
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2002
Posts: 7959
Location: Lake Forest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:34 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
governator wrote:
Best part of broccoli is the stem

Less bitter and holds more moisture than the crown.


Sure, if you are some kind of lunatic who has contempt for whatever savory deliciousness is deposited in the FUBA (fresh upper brocolli area)


You've been talking to my friends and family.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2002
Posts: 7959
Location: Lake Forest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:37 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Squatters should have zero rights.


I agree as long as there's a clear delineation between a true squatter and someone who has pissed off the landlord or is in a valid legal conflict with the landlord.

Not as easy as it sounds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 68129
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:07 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Squatters should have zero rights.


I agree as long as there's a clear delineation between a true squatter and someone who has pissed off the landlord or is in a valid legal conflict with the landlord.

Not as easy as it sounds.


In California, for a squatter to claim rights through an adverse possession claim, they must occupy the property continuously and openly for at least five years. Additionally, they must pay property taxes for that duration.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17230

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:35 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Squatters should have zero rights.


I agree as long as there's a clear delineation between a true squatter and someone who has pissed off the landlord or is in a valid legal conflict with the landlord.

Not as easy as it sounds.


In California, for a squatter to claim rights through an adverse possession claim, they must occupy the property continuously and openly for at least five years. Additionally, they must pay property taxes for that duration.

The fact that a property owner can’t remove vagrants from an empty home without going through a process is terrible.
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 25261

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:56 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Squatters should have zero rights.


I agree as long as there's a clear delineation between a true squatter and someone who has pissed off the landlord or is in a valid legal conflict with the landlord.

Not as easy as it sounds.


In California, for a squatter to claim rights through an adverse possession claim, they must occupy the property continuously and openly for at least five years. Additionally, they must pay property taxes for that duration.

The fact that a property owner can’t remove vagrants from an empty home without going through a process is terrible.


5 yrs? U sure? NYC is 30 days to get squatters right
_________________
“The main goal for the Lakers is to win a championship. All I care about, all we care about, is to raise another banner in the rafters.“
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17230

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:24 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Squatters should have zero rights.


I agree as long as there's a clear delineation between a true squatter and someone who has pissed off the landlord or is in a valid legal conflict with the landlord.

Not as easy as it sounds.


In California, for a squatter to claim rights through an adverse possession claim, they must occupy the property continuously and openly for at least five years. Additionally, they must pay property taxes for that duration.

The fact that a property owner can’t remove vagrants from an empty home without going through a process is terrible.


5 yrs? U sure? NYC is 30 days to get squatters right

I read it too. If they occupy an empty house for 5 yrs and pay the property taxes they have a shot at owning it. If you want to get frustrated their is a squatter’s channel on yt where they are being asked to leave.
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 19885
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:43 am    Post subject:

squatters have the right to get bludgeoned to death while they sleep by junkies with nothing to lose, possibly hired by the homeowner but not provable
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 30838

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:14 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
squatters have the right to get bludgeoned to death while they sleep by junkies with nothing to lose, possibly hired by the homeowner but not provable


https://nypost.com/2024/03/21/us-news/two-squatters-sought-in-nyc-murder-of-woman-found-stuffed-in-duffle-bag/

If yah want to get pissed off...

But hey, hopefully the squatters' rights weren't violated and their feelings weren't hurt.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17230

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:07 am    Post subject:

Cena and bautista are better actors than the Rock.
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 90324
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:53 pm    Post subject:

It’s trendy to bash the van haggar years, but Eddie was at the top of his complete musical powers on those albums.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 19885
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Something I never thought I'd say in my lifetime, and definitely a reflection of just how much my life has changed in the past few years:

The best oatmeal raisin cookie beats the best chocolate chip cookie by a lot.
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 12233
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:51 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Something I never thought I'd say in my lifetime, and definitely a reflection of just how much my life has changed in the past few years:

The best oatmeal raisin cookie beats the best chocolate chip cookie by a lot.


I figured this out decades ago. Glad you came around. #teamoat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 19885
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
C M B wrote:
Something I never thought I'd say in my lifetime, and definitely a reflection of just how much my life has changed in the past few years:

The best oatmeal raisin cookie beats the best chocolate chip cookie by a lot.


I figured this out decades ago. Glad you came around. #teamoat


Of course you did, gentry.

Craving and being satiated by plain oatmeal and plain shredded wheat is a superpower.
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Robblake
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Aug 2020
Posts: 1051

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:51 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Something I never thought I'd say in my lifetime, and definitely a reflection of just how much my life has changed in the past few years:

The best oatmeal raisin cookie beats the best chocolate chip cookie by a lot.


It doesn’t but it’s hard to deny dark choco oatmeal cookies
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Robblake
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Aug 2020
Posts: 1051

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:52 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Cena and bautista are better actors than the Rock.


I’d argue they are actually equal but they just choose better roles than he does
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 19885
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Chiropractors are less respectable than whores.
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 52725
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:46 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Chiropractors are less respectable than whores.


But where do they lie in regards to acupuncturists?
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 19885
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:26 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
C M B wrote:
Chiropractors are less respectable than whores.


But where do they lie in regards to acupuncturists?


Usually next door. Often, all 3 businesses are in one strip mall office run by the same person.
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 8471
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:39 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Chiropractors are less respectable than whores.

Speaking of whores, I think prostitution should be legal. Of course, it has to be tightly regulated, but if the whores, I mean women, are doing it on their own free will and are free of STIs, then there shouldn't be a problem as long as the industry has the right regulations.

In all seriousness, it would be another step toward female empowerment. Wages haven't kept up with the cost of living for the past 40+ years, especially the cost of college. If a woman in college has what it takes, imagine the money she could make being a prostitute just part time. It would also create more business opportunities for those who are right for entrepreneurship.
_________________
Lakers 49ers Chargers Dodgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80
Page 80 of 80
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB