*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies (04/12/24) Gm#81 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 May 2017
Posts: 3511

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:41 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DLO picking the wrong time to go on his usual season slump...

Just a honest question....
As a coach and As a rhythm shooter what would you do to increase his shooting success?


You can blame Ham for a lot of stuff... But shooting the ball is not one of them.

Fact is when DLO goes on his slump, he becomes less aggressive and more passive.


Im not asking about Ham..Im asking you. What would you do instead of what ham is doing to get a rhythm Shooter like DLO more success and out of the slump? What suggestions or type offense would you run?


There's not much you can do, when you're in a shooting slump... They can run any plays you want but if he's not hitting his shots. Then he's just not hitting them at all. Calls a slump for a reason. Last thing you want is to keep drawing plays for him and he shoots you out of the game.

It's also up to DLO to get himself out of it... But by being less aggressive and passive does not help him at all.


I kind of disagree. Its the same what Kobe says ..you got to keep shooting..but what he didnt say was what type of shots you shoot. At the begining he had 1/4. At that point he should have been told to move deeper inside and start with his midrange game.

No he is not the most atheletic guard but he has a herk and jerk way to penatrate the inside. The move should be played with Ad in a pick and roll slot...either he can continue to shoot his way out with midrange shots and swing to AD. He is a PG so even passing more and getting others looks helps with his rythm of the game. He should be told to not go so much for the three.

However the trick is not to show the opposnent that he is intentionaly not trying to hit the three or they will start to sag off and pack the paint and dare him to shoot the 3 like WB. I would tell him to go inside pick and roll atleast 5 times before trying another catch and shoot three. I would also continue to run the pick and pop until the defense stops the play. I would also shift him in and out of the rotation with Spence and LBJ and let spence control the rock and setup the offense as he is a PG and he can def pressure the inside of the opps defense.


The only way out of a slump is to shoot but that doesnt mean shoot long range shots..It would be better if he was faster to get to the basket but thats not going to happen because he not that atheltic but he can still get inside with help from picks of AD or LBJ and putting the ball in his hand to make plays will also help. Even if he start making assists he will start getting him out of the slump.


Lakers just need him to snap out of it... Whatever it takes. He had 9 assists tonight.

But we're in the crucial part of the season that we can't really afford for him to just keep shooting the ball to snap out of it... Or he will eventually shoot you out of the game.

Some times all it takes is rhythm. But also most of the time the pressure gets to you.


You cant snap out of it without taking shots..would you say closer to the basket shots are better than logo shots?

Also if there is this pressure then how do you prevent the build up of pressure? You find a release valve. To me the release valve is to pick and roll and get to the basket. Allowing him to control the offense and setting him up for the midrange till he has a rhythm. Hint it wont happen with that crap 3 gaurd lineup..that stuff is trash. a good rotation of

DLO
AR(Playing SF/SG not PG)
Christie/ Gabe (anyone that can play defense)
AD/RUI (shooters/scorers)
Hayes (Center)


advantages of rotation:
Dlo has a corner three shooter in Christi and Rui or with AD the pick and roll setup
He has AR also for the 3 as AR slump is ending..strange they both have slumps if one is shooting good then the other not so much..lol.
He has Hayes as his lob catcher and driving quick PGs into hayes for a block or last line of defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
zambia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 1339

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Bron The Thief of Bagdag


Chick gave that nickname to Eddie Jordan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 24004

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:51 pm    Post subject:

So embarrassing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 68678
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Squeeking by a squad 13 men down is unacceptable.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 7674

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:10 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DLO picking the wrong time to go on his usual season slump...

Just a honest question....
As a coach and As a rhythm shooter what would you do to increase his shooting success?


You can blame Ham for a lot of stuff... But shooting the ball is not one of them.

Fact is when DLO goes on his slump, he becomes less aggressive and more passive.


Im not asking about Ham..Im asking you. What would you do instead of what ham is doing to get a rhythm Shooter like DLO more success and out of the slump? What suggestions or type offense would you run?


There's not much you can do, when you're in a shooting slump... They can run any plays you want but if he's not hitting his shots. Then he's just not hitting them at all. Calls a slump for a reason. Last thing you want is to keep drawing plays for him and he shoots you out of the game.

It's also up to DLO to get himself out of it... But by being less aggressive and passive does not help him at all.


I kind of disagree. Its the same what Kobe says ..you got to keep shooting..but what he didnt say was what type of shots you shoot. At the begining he had 1/4. At that point he should have been told to move deeper inside and start with his midrange game.

No he is not the most atheletic guard but he has a herk and jerk way to penatrate the inside. The move should be played with Ad in a pick and roll slot...either he can continue to shoot his way out with midrange shots and swing to AD. He is a PG so even passing more and getting others looks helps with his rythm of the game. He should be told to not go so much for the three.

However the trick is not to show the opposnent that he is intentionaly not trying to hit the three or they will start to sag off and pack the paint and dare him to shoot the 3 like WB. I would tell him to go inside pick and roll atleast 5 times before trying another catch and shoot three. I would also continue to run the pick and pop until the defense stops the play. I would also shift him in and out of the rotation with Spence and LBJ and let spence control the rock and setup the offense as he is a PG and he can def pressure the inside of the opps defense.


The only way out of a slump is to shoot but that doesnt mean shoot long range shots..It would be better if he was faster to get to the basket but thats not going to happen because he not that atheltic but he can still get inside with help from picks of AD or LBJ and putting the ball in his hand to make plays will also help. Even if he start making assists he will start getting him out of the slump.


Lakers just need him to snap out of it... Whatever it takes. He had 9 assists tonight.

But we're in the crucial part of the season that we can't really afford for him to just keep shooting the ball to snap out of it... Or he will eventually shoot you out of the game.

Some times all it takes is rhythm. But also most of the time the pressure gets to you.


You cant snap out of it without taking shots..would you say closer to the basket shots are better than logo shots?

Also if there is this pressure then how do you prevent the build up of pressure? You find a release valve. To me the release valve is to pick and roll and get to the basket. Allowing him to control the offense and setting him up for the midrange till he has a rhythm. Hint it wont happen with that crap 3 gaurd lineup..that stuff is trash. a good rotation of

DLO
AR(Playing SF/SG not PG)
Christie/ Gabe (anyone that can play defense)
AD/RUI (shooters/scorers)
Hayes (Center)


advantages of rotation:
Dlo has a corner three shooter in Christi and Rui or with AD the pick and roll setup
He has AR also for the 3 as AR slump is ending..strange they both have slumps if one is shooting good then the other not so much..lol.
He has Hayes as his lob catcher and driving quick PGs into hayes for a block or last line of defense.


No need to go back and forth... Your boy in a slump for 3 games now.

We need him if were going to make the playoffs plain and simple. So just snap out of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Oct 2008
Posts: 1424

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Someone needs to explain to the fans why the FO were so quick to get rid of Scottie Pippen Jr his game is so smooth, he’s gonna be a real solid player in this league



He is a garbage player on a garbage team. All teams suit up for the lakers. It has been proven time after time if you are not mentally competent you should not be a lakers.

Lakers is the NBA period
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jul 2004
Posts: 2872

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:33 pm    Post subject:

This team and it’s so called coach
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 May 2017
Posts: 3511

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:48 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DLO picking the wrong time to go on his usual season slump...

Just a honest question....
As a coach and As a rhythm shooter what would you do to increase his shooting success?


You can blame Ham for a lot of stuff... But shooting the ball is not one of them.

Fact is when DLO goes on his slump, he becomes less aggressive and more passive.


Im not asking about Ham..Im asking you. What would you do instead of what ham is doing to get a rhythm Shooter like DLO more success and out of the slump? What suggestions or type offense would you run?


There's not much you can do, when you're in a shooting slump... They can run any plays you want but if he's not hitting his shots. Then he's just not hitting them at all. Calls a slump for a reason. Last thing you want is to keep drawing plays for him and he shoots you out of the game.

It's also up to DLO to get himself out of it... But by being less aggressive and passive does not help him at all.


I kind of disagree. Its the same what Kobe says ..you got to keep shooting..but what he didnt say was what type of shots you shoot. At the begining he had 1/4. At that point he should have been told to move deeper inside and start with his midrange game.

No he is not the most atheletic guard but he has a herk and jerk way to penatrate the inside. The move should be played with Ad in a pick and roll slot...either he can continue to shoot his way out with midrange shots and swing to AD. He is a PG so even passing more and getting others looks helps with his rythm of the game. He should be told to not go so much for the three.

However the trick is not to show the opposnent that he is intentionaly not trying to hit the three or they will start to sag off and pack the paint and dare him to shoot the 3 like WB. I would tell him to go inside pick and roll atleast 5 times before trying another catch and shoot three. I would also continue to run the pick and pop until the defense stops the play. I would also shift him in and out of the rotation with Spence and LBJ and let spence control the rock and setup the offense as he is a PG and he can def pressure the inside of the opps defense.


The only way out of a slump is to shoot but that doesnt mean shoot long range shots..It would be better if he was faster to get to the basket but thats not going to happen because he not that atheltic but he can still get inside with help from picks of AD or LBJ and putting the ball in his hand to make plays will also help. Even if he start making assists he will start getting him out of the slump.


Lakers just need him to snap out of it... Whatever it takes. He had 9 assists tonight.

But we're in the crucial part of the season that we can't really afford for him to just keep shooting the ball to snap out of it... Or he will eventually shoot you out of the game.

Some times all it takes is rhythm. But also most of the time the pressure gets to you.


You cant snap out of it without taking shots..would you say closer to the basket shots are better than logo shots?

Also if there is this pressure then how do you prevent the build up of pressure? You find a release valve. To me the release valve is to pick and roll and get to the basket. Allowing him to control the offense and setting him up for the midrange till he has a rhythm. Hint it wont happen with that crap 3 gaurd lineup..that stuff is trash. a good rotation of

DLO
AR(Playing SF/SG not PG)
Christie/ Gabe (anyone that can play defense)
AD/RUI (shooters/scorers)
Hayes (Center)


advantages of rotation:
Dlo has a corner three shooter in Christi and Rui or with AD the pick and roll setup
He has AR also for the 3 as AR slump is ending..strange they both have slumps if one is shooting good then the other not so much..lol.
He has Hayes as his lob catcher and driving quick PGs into hayes for a block or last line of defense.


No need to go back and forth... Your boy in a slump for 3 games now.

We need him if were going to make the playoffs plain and simple. So just snap out of it.


smh...that sounds like Ham saying...
"Just get to your man quicker and play harder and my defensive scheme will work"...

smh..no consideration of the players you working with.."just snap out of it" will not do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 8888

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:29 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DLO picking the wrong time to go on his usual season slump...

Just a honest question....
As a coach and As a rhythm shooter what would you do to increase his shooting success?


You can blame Ham for a lot of stuff... But shooting the ball is not one of them.

Fact is when DLO goes on his slump, he becomes less aggressive and more passive.


Im not asking about Ham..Im asking you. What would you do instead of what ham is doing to get a rhythm Shooter like DLO more success and out of the slump? What suggestions or type offense would you run?


There's not much you can do, when you're in a shooting slump... They can run any plays you want but if he's not hitting his shots. Then he's just not hitting them at all. Calls a slump for a reason. Last thing you want is to keep drawing plays for him and he shoots you out of the game.

It's also up to DLO to get himself out of it... But by being less aggressive and passive does not help him at all.


I kind of disagree. Its the same what Kobe says ..you got to keep shooting..but what he didnt say was what type of shots you shoot. At the begining he had 1/4. At that point he should have been told to move deeper inside and start with his midrange game.

No he is not the most atheletic guard but he has a herk and jerk way to penatrate the inside. The move should be played with Ad in a pick and roll slot...either he can continue to shoot his way out with midrange shots and swing to AD. He is a PG so even passing more and getting others looks helps with his rythm of the game. He should be told to not go so much for the three.

However the trick is not to show the opposnent that he is intentionaly not trying to hit the three or they will start to sag off and pack the paint and dare him to shoot the 3 like WB. I would tell him to go inside pick and roll atleast 5 times before trying another catch and shoot three. I would also continue to run the pick and pop until the defense stops the play. I would also shift him in and out of the rotation with Spence and LBJ and let spence control the rock and setup the offense as he is a PG and he can def pressure the inside of the opps defense.


The only way out of a slump is to shoot but that doesnt mean shoot long range shots..It would be better if he was faster to get to the basket but thats not going to happen because he not that atheltic but he can still get inside with help from picks of AD or LBJ and putting the ball in his hand to make plays will also help. Even if he start making assists he will start getting him out of the slump.


Lakers just need him to snap out of it... Whatever it takes. He had 9 assists tonight.

But we're in the crucial part of the season that we can't really afford for him to just keep shooting the ball to snap out of it... Or he will eventually shoot you out of the game.

Some times all it takes is rhythm. But also most of the time the pressure gets to you.


You cant snap out of it without taking shots..would you say closer to the basket shots are better than logo shots?

Also if there is this pressure then how do you prevent the build up of pressure? You find a release valve. To me the release valve is to pick and roll and get to the basket. Allowing him to control the offense and setting him up for the midrange till he has a rhythm. Hint it wont happen with that crap 3 gaurd lineup..that stuff is trash. a good rotation of

DLO
AR(Playing SF/SG not PG)
Christie/ Gabe (anyone that can play defense)
AD/RUI (shooters/scorers)
Hayes (Center)


advantages of rotation:
Dlo has a corner three shooter in Christi and Rui or with AD the pick and roll setup
He has AR also for the 3 as AR slump is ending..strange they both have slumps if one is shooting good then the other not so much..lol.
He has Hayes as his lob catcher and driving quick PGs into hayes for a block or last line of defense.


No need to go back and forth... Your boy in a slump for 3 games now.

We need him if were going to make the playoffs plain and simple. So just snap out of it.


smh...that sounds like Ham saying...
"Just get to your man quicker and play harder and my defensive scheme will work"...

smh..no consideration of the players you working with.."just snap out of it" will not do.


Just stfu bro. Nobody cares
_________________
Previously CamReddish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Feb 2022
Posts: 1375

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:46 am    Post subject:

Just looking at the stats:

Jordan Goodwin is 6’3.
He had 23 pts/17 rebounds.
His last game he had 10 pts/19 rebounds.

He has to be the shortest NBA player in a long long long time to get 17+ rebounds in consecutive games. That’s really incredible.

He’s a dog in that Tony Allen role. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Lakers get him for next year. GG Jackson also looks like a good pick for Memphis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2002
Posts: 8019
Location: Lake Forest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Pretty lackluster 49 minute game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB