Jerry West elected to the Hall of Fame as a Contributor

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:01 am    Post subject: Jerry West elected to the Hall of Fame as a Contributor

Well deserved.

Quote:
With five Championships under his belt as a Lakers executive, we congratulate Jerry West on being elected into the @Hoophall Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame as a contributor.

As GM for the Lakers, Jerry West helped build the great Showtime dynasty, won Executive of the Year in '95, and brought in Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal, and Phil Jackson between '96 & '00.

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1776627618835820794?t=0Y_-ujGhrmSUZVy2K14OMA&s=19
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:11 am    Post subject:

CONGRATS to the LOGO!
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:14 am    Post subject:

Well....its Jerry West. What can I say???? GOAT executive. Where Jerry really stands out is the late first round draft picks and second rounders he selected like Vlade Divac, Elden Campbell, Nick Van Exel and Derek Fisher. The Eddie Jones pick was excellent as well when others thought the Lakers would pick either Khalid Reaves or Jalen Rose.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:16 am    Post subject:

It still pisses me off that Jerry isn't a part of the Lakers organization.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:19 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

Man!!! Helped swindled for Zubac, closed the deal on Kawhi… dropping learning steps on Pelinka
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:42 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
CONGRATS to the LOGO!

The man who made me fall in love with basketball and that love is still there for me and so many others who love the sport

Thanks Jerry, for your skill, intensity and brilliant play for so many years. Love ya!

CC44
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Executive of the Year award should be named after Jerry West.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:07 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Executive of the Year award should be named after Jerry West.

And the logo should be Kobe
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

Thank Jeanie Buss for that
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:32 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
danzag wrote:

Man!!! Helped swindled for Zubac, closed the deal on Kawhi… dropping learning steps on Pelinka

That PG13 trade was pretty tremendous as well.. right? That's literally the main reason they'll likely not sniff the Finals especially looking back and seeing what they could have had and will continue to haunt them for awhile still. Pelinka also has more Championships then that Organization has Final appearances as a whole.

He deserves this honor ten fold but there's also a reason he moved around quite a bit after leaving here as he's not the easiest person to get along with and usually wears out his welcome even at his older age with a smaller role. Jeannie deserves plenty of criticism but I think the whole Jerry West thing is way overblown to be all the Lakers FO fault imo. Jerry can be an extraordinarily bitter old man to say the least.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:11 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
governator wrote:
danzag wrote:

That PG13 trade was pretty tremendous as well.. right? That's literally the main reason they'll likely not sniff the Finals especially looking back and seeing what they could have had and will continue to haunt them for awhile still. Pelinka also has more Championships then that Organization has Final appearances as a whole.

He deserves this honor ten fold but there's also a reason he moved around quite a bit after leaving here as he's not the easiest person to get along with and usually wears out his welcome even at his older age with a smaller role. Jeannie deserves plenty of criticism but I think the whole Jerry West thing is way overblown to be all the Lakers FO fault imo. Jerry can be an extraordinarily bitter old man to say the least.

This. West is gone because Dr. Buss got sick of West's act. Major talent - major diva. Love what he did for the P&G and glad he's been gone for 24 years.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: