Welcome Taurean Prince (1 yr $4.5M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:57 pm    Post subject:

TP is normally a walking negative but one thing he isn't is mentally weak. I remember guys like Troy Brown Jr and whenever it was a three that I felt was a clutch situation, it was almost (not always but almost) an automatic miss.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:23 pm    Post subject:

His pros and cons feel like a better trade off when he's coming off the bench and not playing 30+ minutes a game unless on fire.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:30 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
His pros and cons feel like a better trade off when he's coming off the bench and not playing 30+ minutes a game unless on fire.

Big props to Prince. Seems like TBrown may hit 3s in the 1st qtr or half then disappear last year. TBrown did rebound and play defense much better, especially in the backcourt, but based on this season it seems I was wrong expecting TBrown to contribute more than Prince. It seems my expectations for Prince was about right…others had unrealistic expectations…but boy was I wrong about Troy Brown.

Prince has been decent, not only keeping his 3pt% but by hitting them is good situations. I’m glad he’s on the team and hope we can get him back next year. It wasn’t his fault Ham overplayed him to start and continues to play him at PF with the 3 guard line up. Also, not his fault other overhyped the acquisition. Prince has been an asset coming off the bench for about 16ish minutes per game without SG expectations.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:31 pm    Post subject:

He is great for 20-25 minutes. You guys just have hate in your souls that you need to get out.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Taurean Prince has given us some solid minutes off the bench, he’s gonna be a key guy in the playoffs if we end up making it in
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:04 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Exactly. He's fine if used properly and is playing above his (economical) contract in this current role (off the bench vet/fill-in 2/3). Blame the FO/coaching staff for his early season issues by overplaying him and/or relying on him for stuff he was never known for e.g. POA defense.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:44 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
MJST wrote:

Exactly. He's fine if used properly and is playing above his (economical) contract in this current role (off the bench vet/fill-in 2/3). Blame the FO/coaching staff for his early season issues by overplaying him and/or relying on him for stuff he was never known for e.g. POA defense.

Agreed!

Prince is the 8th ranked paid player on the roster:
1LBJ/2AD/3Dlo/4Rui/5AR/6Vincent/7Vando/—-8Prince

Ham, and the media, (it seems like to me most Laker fans too), over hyped the signing of Prince with unrealistic expectations. Ham bought into the fan/media hype overplaying Prince too many minutes and used Prince inappropriately as a starter, sometimes as a PoA defender at SG, (not agile enough, poor playmaking); sometimes as a PF, (not big enough, poor rebounder).

Used as the 8th best player in the rotation at SF for the Lakers provides good value of Prince on the team. Prince has helped the Lakers win when used appropriately. I hope he continues his play in the post season and returns next year for vet min.

I was against the signing at the time tho because I felt the 8th best/paid player needed to be a big body bruiser at C for better roster construction. Vincent looked to be the 6th man in the backcourt as the 6th highest paid. Vando appeared to be 7th best and 7th paid at F. It looked to me the 8th paid and 8th best should have been in the front court as a C/PF.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:34 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
MJST wrote:

Agreed!

Ham, and the media, (it seems like to me most Laker fans too), over hyped the signing of Prince with unrealistic expectations. Ham bought into the fan/media hype overplaying Prince too many minutes and used Prince inappropriately as a starter, sometimes as a PoA defender at SG, (not agile enough, poor playmaking); sometimes as a PF, (not big enough, poor rebounder).

Used as the 8th best player in the rotation at SF for the Lakers provides good value of Prince on the team. Prince has helped the Lakers win when used appropriately. I hope he continues his play in the post season and returns next year for vet min.

I was against the signing at the time tho because I felt the 8th best/paid player needed to be a big body bruiser at C for better roster construction. Vincent looked to be the 6th man in the backcourt as the 6th highest paid. Vando appeared to be 7th best and 7th paid at F. It looked to me the 8th paid and 8th best should have been in the front court as a C/PF.

Ham didn't buy into the media hype. Ham was showing favoritism towards players he has history with over players that deserved it more and had more to offer. This was a consistent problem with him last season, and was one this season with him favoring Reddish and Prince over more deserving players and giving them a much longer leash.

Now that Prince is in the actual role he's supposed to be in, he's thriving much more.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:09 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
MJST wrote:

Agreed!

Ham didn't buy into the media hype. Ham was showing favoritism towards players he has history with over players that deserved it more and had more to offer. This was a consistent problem with him last season, and was one this season with him favoring Reddish and Prince over more deserving players and giving them a much longer leash.

Now that Prince is in the actual role he's supposed to be in, he's thriving much more.

You’re right, the fan’s mistake was more of overhyping Prince with unrealistic expectations but Ham’s mistake was/is more favoritism as you said. The fans false hope just empowered Ham to run his favoritism almost into the ground. Luckily Prince is being utilized correctly now and is a positive asset helping get wins for the Lakers. Keep him at SF for about 20 mpg.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:19 am    Post subject:

Taurean Prince is having a moment and Lakers are taking advantage
Taurean Prince has been the best version of himself for the Lakers, raising the team’s ceiling while beating the Cavs.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2024/4/6/24123139/lakers-taurean-prince-darvin-ham-stats-recap-cavs
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Dude was mic’d up today and decided it was his time to shine.

Dumb turnovers and shots all game. Not to mention getting lost on defense.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

lmao
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

lmao

He’s given us solid minutes lately but yeah I wonder if our record would be better had we benched him sooner
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:22 pm    Post subject:

He scores but he is one of the dumbest players I have seen. TO machine
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:25 pm    Post subject:

https://x.com/bulletclubita/status/1778963192762208284?s=46&t=YQnZyfnx7VlfNBbYDR3Cxg
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:57 pm    Post subject:

In a slump atm, also a lot of unnecessary turnovers. Just stick to what you do best.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:03 pm    Post subject:

That first stint off the bench he crushed it. He scored I think all of his points then. Was really good to see him making shots and making baskets off the dribble or off cuts. Even got to the line to start the 2nd in a really weird play.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:38 am    Post subject:

Prince has a nice role now and is thriving. I know meathead is a horrible coach (EASILY cost us 5+ games this season), but I will give him credit making the switch (better late than never). Some players would sulk after being benched. Prince obviously has thick skin and took the challenge head on. WELL DONE PRINCE!!!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:25 am    Post subject:

Prince is good at his salary and coming off the bench for 20 minutes or so. People who think otherwise are living in fantasy land. They think every player regardless of salary or role should be awesome.

We don't have the USA team you maroons.

defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:24 am    Post subject:

So is anyone going to help Prince off the bench? Or will he continue to be the only contributor?
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:44 pm    Post subject:

This man deserves some love. He's been consistent, and has contributed valuable minutes amongst a struggling and inconsistent supporting cast.

Another solid game tonight.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
This man deserves some love. He's been consistent, and has contributed valuable minutes amongst a struggling and inconsistent supporting cast.

Another solid game tonight.

I don’t know why people were so hard on him in the first place. It was not his fault that ham played him 35 minutes a game when he was just a bench player who can give us some decent minutes.
Good signing actually
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:58 pm    Post subject:

TP deserves all his props. I kinda had a feeling that he was mentally strong after watching him with the T-Wolves when they played us at Crypto during the playin last year and he made several big shots with no hesitation off the corner. Props to Darvin for sticking up for this dude and not allowing the front office to get rid of him at the trade deadline. Great job Darvin on that front.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:02 pm    Post subject:

He played really well. They're going to adjust for this next game but he has been good for us all series long.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:18 pm    Post subject:

oh no, rob's gonna give him a $48 mil extension now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20
Jump to: