This Lakers Era is Over
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: This Lakers Era is Over

DD20045 wrote:
The Lebron and AD era is clearly over and I dont see how the Lakers improve the next 5-7 years. We have an incompetent owner in Jeanie, terrible management in Rob Pelinka and the Rambii pair, and a terrible coach. I guess at least we have all our picks after 2025. All thats left for the worst Laker management in 40 years to do is draft Bronny this summer with their first round draft pick.

Any ideas or rumors to dispel that this will be an abysmal next half decade?

They never really had an era. It's been years of mediocre basketball with a gifted covid season in the middle of it.
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: This Lakers Era is Over

kobeandgary wrote:
DD20045 wrote:
The Lebron and AD era is clearly over and I dont see how the Lakers improve the next 5-7 years. We have an incompetent owner in Jeanie, terrible management in Rob Pelinka and the Rambii pair, and a terrible coach. I guess at least we have all our picks after 2025. All thats left for the worst Laker management in 40 years to do is draft Bronny this summer with their first round draft pick.

Any ideas or rumors to dispel that this will be an abysmal next half decade?

They never really had an era. It's been years of mediocre basketball with a gifted covid season in the middle of it.

Lee Klose (the daughter that Jerry Buss gave up for adoption) needs to make a play for ownership of the team. It's the only chance the Lakers franchise has for a new, successful era.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:49 am    Post subject:

How can this organization expect us to root for this team again next season. They would need some major changes to happen this summer in order to give the fans hope. Is there anything they can really do to make us competitive in one summer? Swept B2b years by the same team. That’s rough.

For me to be excited about next season we would have to:

Fire Ham and bring in a real coach.

Package reaves, Gabe, and Rui along with our remaining draft picks to bring in a legit first scoring option.

Fill out the remaining roster spots with players that play defense and give second and third efforts. I can’t watch lazy defense anymore. I honestly don’t care if they are not great shooters. Play tough defense and give multiple efforts. With 3 stars we should be able to score just fine.

Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:15 am    Post subject:

When did it ever start? You can't even call it an era. There was no pattern of excellence, aside from the bubble season. They haven't contended at all since then. Hard to call it an era when the only thing that came out of it was a mickey mouse ring that no one cares about.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:23 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
How can this organization expect us to root for this team again next season. They would need some major changes to happen this summer in order to give the fans hope. Is there anything they can really do to make us competitive in one summer? Swept B2b years by the same team. That’s rough.

For me to be excited about next season we would have to:

Fire Ham and bring in a real coach.

Package reaves, Gabe, and Rui along with our remaining draft picks to bring in a legit first scoring option.

Fill out the remaining roster spots with players that play defense and give second and third efforts. I can’t watch lazy defense anymore. I honestly don’t care if they are not great shooters. Play tough defense and give multiple efforts. With 3 stars we should be able to score just fine.

So you don't like lazy defense but you want to keep Dlo and Lebron?
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:50 am    Post subject:

Yes we may have to face the reality that a new era is beginning..

No more Lakers & Warriors..being replaced by Nuggets, Timberwolves, OKC..Boston..oh crap did I just say that?
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:59 am    Post subject:

Good thing about getting swept out of first round is people won’t be delusional anymore like last year re wcf appearance. I said that was a fluke because the lakers played a soft path last year. Lakers barely avoided Denver last year in round 1. They wouldn’t have won a playoff game last year either.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:40 am    Post subject:

They have a simple choice this summer. They can recognize this is over or they can dig the hole deeper.
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:27 pm    Post subject:

As much as people call AD, Adisney- Street clothes, I wanted him to get another ring and I hope he does someday even if not with the lakers.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:42 pm    Post subject:

It should be over. And it is a mini era if its an era at all. Pales in comparison to the Kobe, Kobe/Shaq, and showtime eras
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
It should be over. And it is a mini era if its an era at all. Pales in comparison to the Kobe, Kobe/Shaq, and showtime eras

Bron era. Last years run was ok but we all knew it had more to do with the others team than it did us.
lottery
bubble
1st round
lottery
swept WCF
TBD
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
When did it ever start? You can't even call it an era. There was no pattern of excellence, aside from the bubble season. They haven't contended at all since then. Hard to call it an era when the only thing that came out of it was a mickey mouse ring that no one cares about.

A mickey mouse ring? Not at all, that ring remains very special to some of us because it was the ring that helped heal a fan base that had just lost one of our legends.

I still remember AD's exclamation "Kobe!" when he that three. Loved every minute of it. Call it tainted, bogus, or anything else, but that ring helped a lot emotionally.

Thanks for that ring AD & LeBron, but I'm ready for a serious reset.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:

My goodness! When you think of their run in comparison to our prior greats, you realize this era (thanks for the 2020 banner) should never even be compared.

I saw Showtime from the beginning to the end, the same for the Kobe/Shaq era. There's absolutely no comparison.

Heck, we might not have won the 2020 title if Murray, who is flat out poison for the Lakers, had not gotten hurt.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:34 pm    Post subject:

This is like calling that 2008 Celtics team a 1 ring dynasty.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

A mickey mouse ring? Not at all, that ring remains very special to some of us because it was the ring that helped heal a fan base that had just lost one of our legends.

I still remember AD's exclamation "Kobe!" when he that three. Loved every minute of it. Call it tainted, bogus, or anything else, but that ring helped a lot emotionally.

Thanks for that ring AD & LeBron, but I'm ready for a serious reset.

That ring was a joke.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:16 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:

That ring was a joke.

You are a joke. GTFO
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

My goodness! When you think of their run in comparison to our prior greats, you realize this era (thanks for the 2020 banner) should never even be compared.

I saw Showtime from the beginning to the end, the same for the Kobe/Shaq era. There's absolutely no comparison.

Heck, we might not have won the 2020 title if Murray, who is flat out poison for the Lakers, had not gotten hurt.

No the Lebron era should not be compared to those other three eras. Lebron came to the lakers with his best years behind him, and in my mind that Russell Westbrook trade gutted and killed the team. And left an old Lebron and fragile AD without adequate support.

I’m going to rank the Lakeshow higher than the lebron team too. I know they didn’t win a chip but they had more talent and were more fun to watch imho.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: