No more excuses for Reaves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:05 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Reaves is better when he can control the flow of the game and handle the ball more. He and Lebron usually have good synergy but when you combine with AD who is also a ball stopper, it's probably hard for him to get it rolling.

I still think long term he will be a great contributor, wouldn't write him off just yet.

Nah its time to write him off. LG sure loves to make excuses for this guy
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Austin has not been our problem. He’s been good overall. Not enough offense the first two games, but he was doing his damn hardest to chase Murray around, and did a good job at it. Murray has been human in this series and really only scored on us in game two when we moved Lebron, who was dead tired, onto him late in the fourth.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:15 pm    Post subject:

He is a 6th man. Shouldn't be a starter
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:55 am    Post subject:

I'll ask one more time. Say the name of a player who makes 13 million that we can get that is better than Reaves.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:41 am    Post subject:

A player who was signed on a 2 way and who has blossomed. He has warts (who doesn't), but his play FAR EXCEEDS his contract. I have been very impressed with him this series. The kid is going all out on D against a tough opponent. He is tired from this season, but is giving us EVERYTHING he has. We are far better with him than without him. Knock the kid all you want, but that is true.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:54 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
A player who was signed on a 2 way and who has blossomed. He has warts (who doesn't), but his play FAR EXCEEDS his contract. I have been very impressed with him this series. The kid is going all out on D against a tough opponent. He is tired from this season, but is giving us EVERYTHING he has. We are far better with him than without him. Knock the kid all you want, but that is true.

Well Said I’m not sure why this kid is hated
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:08 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

Ditto.
Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:34 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Austin has not been our problem. He’s been good overall. Not enough offense the first two games, but he was doing his damn hardest to chase Murray around, and did a good job at it. Murray has been human in this series and really only scored on us in game two when we moved Lebron, who was dead tired, onto him late in the fourth.

Fine. Put him on the bench then.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:38 am    Post subject:

Imo, a full offseason of rest will do Austin a WORLD of good. It'll allow his body to properly recover. As well as allow him to work on his game, and body, to prepare for the next season. These were things he didn't get, when he played for FIBA.

I'm willing to bet that the Reaves we see next season will be an improved one, if he does those things previously mentioned. He's a keeper.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:16 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I'll ask one more time. Say the name of a player who makes 13 million that we can get that is better than Reaves.

Package him with someone to upgrade. Love reaves but the goal is to upgrade.

he isnt a difference maker. hes just a guy. A gritty guy but we are void of talent. If he has value around the league. lets see how much.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:47 am    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Sure. Who would that have been this past season? Vincent? Prince?
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:51 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Zillethai wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Sure. Who would that have been this past season? Vincent? Prince?

Couldn't have been Vincent. He was out all season. Prince or Reddish? Yea that is a great line up.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:53 am    Post subject:

He was fine starting this season, but if we want better results, we need to upgrade at both guard positions
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:36 am    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Why? He’s been good guarding Murray. He’s contributed on offense. AR has been good. He hasn’t been the reason why we’ve lost all three games so far. Gabe has worked hard on defense, but it’s been no more impressive than what AR has done, and Gabe has been a complete zero on offense. Spencer has been mediocre at best, and closer to complete ass. TP in a bigger role isn’t the answer at guard. Reddish sucks ass and is also injured.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:45 am    Post subject:

So, I'm going to repeat the statement that "defense" put out, earlier.

"Say the name of a player who makes 13 million that we can get that is better than Reaves."

So far, this request has gone unanswered. That's pretty telling...
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:45 am    Post subject:

If you're trying to win bragging rights for underpaid players, Reaves is a gem. But if you're trying to win a championship you package him in a trade for the best return you can get. Not really a knock on him as he's good for what he is, he's just not more than that.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:13 am    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Overrated. Sucks at defense. After the refs stopped giving him the superstar calls, his scoring came down

Reaves is not a good defender. However DLO is so horrible defensively, Reaves has to guard DLO’s man.

And that’s actually Ham gameplan. Lol
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:20 am    Post subject:

Reaves has been great. People just want a team of up and coming all stars in their prime. Ham playing small ball is why the Lakers look like (bleep) against Denver. Their front court is MASSIVE. They make our front court of AD/Bron/Rui look like babies. Their back court is big too! So Ham playing Gabe/SD/TP together is criminal I could swear I also saw either AR or Dlo along with that trio at one point or another. When AR has to kill himself depending JM and also trying to fight for rebounds against MPJ or AG at times of course he’s going to miss shots.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Reaves has been remarkable guarding Murray so far. Murray has obviously still produced because he’s a damn star, but Reaves had made him look human and not very efficient. If he can manage to do a good job on Murray in Game 5 that will be amazing. I’m expecting Murray to blow the doors off in that game after having a very mediocre game (despite scoring 20+ today) today.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:44 am    Post subject:

Murray has shot under 40% in every game of this series. Who gets the credit for that?
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:51 am    Post subject:

Back to back good games.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:07 am    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
So, I'm going to repeat the statement that "defense" put out, earlier.

"Say the name of a player who makes 13 million that we can get that is better than Reaves."

So far, this request has gone unanswered. That's pretty telling...

And I’ll counter that with say the name of the team that offered Reaves more on an offer sheet?

He got the max the lakers could give because no one was willing to poison pill him like Parsons or Lin.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:02 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:

<snip>

And I’ll counter that with say the name of the team that offered Reaves more on an offer sheet?

He got the max the lakers could give because no one was willing to poison pill him like Parsons or Lin.

I just keep on going back to the title of this thread "No more excuses for Reaves". So how does a player that no one wanted to pay much, and the Lakers paid sub-MLE money for, need an "excuse"? He wasn't even a draft pick, let alone a high draft pick, so ... what "excuse" when he plays at or above both his salary and draft position?
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:51 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

<snip>

I just keep on going back to the title of this thread "No more excuses for Reaves". So how does a player that no one wanted to pay much, and the Lakers paid sub-MLE money for, need an "excuse"? He wasn't even a draft pick, let alone a high draft pick, so ... what "excuse" when he plays at or above both his salary and draft position?

I think you're missing the point of the thread. The point is that we need role players that can impact the game, not just maintain their limited expectations on the court. AR does very little to help the Lakers pull out games, but he doesn't necessarily hurt the Lakers, per se. That said, he doesn't do anything that the Lakers would need to win these key games in the post season. So, if AR wants to take that next step forward, then he has to develop something within his game that other teams would have to scout and plan for.

Ask yourselves this, if AR was hurt (not asking for this at all) and he was out for 2 months, would the Lakers really miss him? Therein lies the point of this thread...
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:02 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:

<snip>

I think you're missing the point of the thread. The point is that we need role players that can impact the game, not just maintain their limited expectations on the court. AR does very little to help the Lakers pull out games, but he doesn't necessarily hurt the Lakers, per se. That said, he doesn't do anything that the Lakers would need to win these key games in the post season. So, if AR wants to take that next step forward, then he has to develop something within his game that other teams would have to scout and plan for.

Ask yourselves this, if AR was hurt (not asking for this at all) and he was out for 2 months, would the Lakers really miss him? Therein lies the point of this thread...

AR does very little to help us win games? Are you people drunk when you say this kind of stuff? He consistently helps the Lakers pull out games. Of course they would miss him if he was hurt. There are people that said vando was worthless. Clearly the Lakers have missed him all season. Apparently some people think only stat padders win games.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: